Become a Patron!

Removing tanks HELP!!

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello, first post

im not a seasoned vet but im not a noob either, ill cut to the chase and then a little about me.

is it okay to remove a tank from a mod often? Worried about 510 threads and their durability/life span.

Using the UWELL CROWN 1 tank

home box mod - smoant battlestar
travel/carry box mod - eleaf ipower 80w (amazing for its size, only need it at 40w-45w)

so if i wana go out and swap the tank onto either mod often or take it off for charging or building/replacing the stock coils. Will it be hard on the crown or the battlestar/eleaf

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've only had one mod strip out the 510 threading on me and that was a 3 year old Pico, I haven't had any issues other that that.
I have heard of some using adaptors back a while ago, but if you are careful when removing the tanks each time , I see no reason for worry on either the mod or the tanks.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I remove mine and switch them around all the time. However, I will be much more careful in inspecting them from now on, since my Big Baby Beast got a worn area on the 510 pin and is most likely what caused a short in my Alien and caused it to catch on fire. As long as you visually inspect them with care, you shouldn't have a problem. That's the only tank I've had a problem with, and I've got about 6 that I switch around constantly.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use an RX200S as my everyday most used MOD with Nautilus Minis for my most used tanks and as you know bottom fill and no problems with my 510 so far over a year or more.

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the help guys, i take good care of anything i own and dont wana have 20 mods and 50 tanks. A couple mods is good and i only use the uwell crown on them, (have two more new in the box since they dont make it anymore)

as for the 510 heatsink/adapter these are really unsafe, some can cause shorts and in my opinion one more thing to go wrong. especially if your runnig high drain dual or now even quad 18650s

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope not talking about a heatsink adaptor, just regular ones, I think I have 1or2 in my gear drawer I bought from Kidney puncher a while back.

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can you post a link? Are they 100% safe?

and where can i get one on the canada side of the border?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
google kidney puncher, 510 adaptors:) They are safe as far as I know, but I don't vape much over 50W

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay, thanks for the idea

So what do the pros use for rebuildable tanks? Got my eye on the griffin by geekvape; big tank, dual coil deck. Something better?

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, thanks for the idea

So what do the pros use for rebuildable tanks? Got my eye on the griffin by geekvape; big tank, dual coil deck. Something better?
I don't consider myself a pro but I really like the SteamCrave Aromamizer Plus.
Even more so with the 20ml tank on it since I go through about 45ml/day.
If you aren't interested in a 30mm tank, look at the Aromamizer Supreme V2 instead.

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
HOLY CRAP. I thought you made a typo. No... 20ml double chimney tank. Im garbage and i know nothing.

but seriously, how fast does that thing drain juice? Reminds me of a 50's ford truck. The pipe makes loooots of smoke and get about 1 mile to the galon

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah thats a cool tank but deff not for me, i like .3 - .4 coils and i use typpically 15-20 ml per day at 6mg/ml

im so in love with the crown 1 and i rebuild the stock coils. I have 3 boxes of new coils and ordered 20 more boxes of coils. I got 3 new crowns in the box and ordering a whole whack of o-ring sets. Ive tried tfv8, crown 3, and a few other tanks but meh. The crown is my die hard fav. Would like to use this model for the next couple years and take my time looking for the best rta. Am i the only one who hates the idea of a mod with a bottom flip open battery cover? Seems like one good drop and its toast. Im dying to find the next mod to use but waiting till the eleaf craps out

VU Sponsors