Become a Patron!

Reoville Underground!

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning! Hope you are doing well today. Kinda gray here today, might be a few storms around.

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My vape mail was delayed in Scarborough, Maine for 3 days and now has entered the hell hole known as Kearny, NJ. I'll be lucky to get it Monday.

Turns out I am a chronic button masher and the gold contact in my Reo grand only lasts 3-4 weeks before it breaks in two. Rob is sending me a sample of his experimental heavy duty one along with the two replacements I ordered. Apparently there are a few other chronic button mashers out there in Reoville. I try to be gentle, I really do. Habits die hard.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
sweet what ya gettin ?
Not a REO....but a squonk box nonetheless.
Lukkos "Mosaic" / NoFear v1 atty
vZGbrkg.jpg

EBD53my.jpg

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My vape mail was delayed in Scarborough, Maine for 3 days and now has entered the hell hole known as Kearny, NJ. I'll be lucky to get it Monday.

Turns out I am a chronic button masher and the gold contact in my Reo grand only lasts 3-4 weeks before it breaks in two. Rob is sending me a sample of his experimental heavy duty one along with the two replacements I ordered. Apparently there are a few other chronic button mashers out there in Reoville. I try to be gentle, I really do. Habits die hard.
So far the contacts on all of mine are hanging in there. One is scheduled for a bead blasting followed by a purple/blue acid ink "patina".

Good evening REOVille!!!!!
Hope everyone is having a safe & happy Memorial Day weekend!!

On a somber note, I broke my first rm2 tonight. It served me well for a year and half but I twisted a post loose. Now trying to decide if I want another rm2 or dual coil rm3 or something totally different.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been rocking a .5 28g build on my NoFear and Chalice III's....simply superb.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good evening REOVille!!!!!
Hope everyone is having a safe & happy Memorial Day weekend!!

On a somber note, I broke my first rm2 tonight. It served me well for a year and half but I twisted a post loose. Now trying to decide if I want another rm2 or dual coil rm3 or something totally different.

There's a thread in the Reo forum at the other place that shows you how to rebuild that RM2. It's not hard to do, but I did have to have my laptop on the kitchen table so I remembered all the steps :)

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There's a thread in the Reo forum at the other place that shows you how to rebuild that RM2. It's not hard to do, but I did have to have my laptop on the kitchen table so I remembered all the steps :)
Amanda! I just finished reading that thread, not 5 minutes ago. Very interesting and informative, love the pictures.

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, I've been getting kind of bored lately so I ordered an istick 50 and a Kanger subtank mini (w/peek) just to play around with this new hotness everybody is going on about. Oh, and a Cthulhu Tank :D

I figure it's nice to have a good backup and I'm running short on backups since I got my REO however long ago that was.

It will be fun to play around with this new generation of regulated devices.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Zamazam, another beauty! I'm very envious of you guys. I love the wood Reos, but I'm saving my pennies towards the Resins, hopefully.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you want a wood one there are still a few left. But not for long.

Walter Ego

Member For 4 Years
Went to order the replacement RM2 so if I couldnt fix the other one, I would be down a Reo waiting for a new one and wouldnt you know it Rob strikes again!!!!

This is on the way, along with a RM7 and RM2.........LOL
View attachment 21141

Very nice, let us know if the dark spot is part of the wood or just a shadow of a bug doing a photobomb. Love the Birdseye maple, my daughter picked up this one.
197_purple_heart_555b9ca9a825e.jpg

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Beater all black Grand that has been shaved to LP........all stripped and prepped. NOW the question......custom powdercoat or acid ink?
Q7JVxDk.jpg

Purchased for $25.....about to turn into a $300 showpiece.

Very nice, let us know if the dark spot is part of the wood or just a shadow of a bug doing a photobomb. Love the Birdseye maple, my daughter picked up this one.
View attachment 21145

Will do and that is a very nice one your daughter picked up!!!
I kind of hope it is a dark spot in the wood, thats sort of the reason I picked that one over the other one still there. I like unperfect wood, but either way I will be happy.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have another one that has a hammered finish in grey.....I'm going to strip off the colour and have it powder coated in metallic black, then have a vintage REO Automobiles logo done diagonally across the back and sides in red powder coat.
rtN1qvy.jpg

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I know this is prolly a dumb question but mad murdocks pluid would prolly kill the bottle and tubing for a reo wouldn't it?

Walter Ego

Member For 4 Years
So I know this is prolly a dumb question but mad murdocks pluid would prolly kill the bottle and tubing for a reo wouldn't it?
From what I understand the bottle and tube are fine but the o-ring in the bottle tends to swell up. You could just replace it occasionally or do the bottle mod. The taste/smell will however stay in the tube and bottle for a very long time so you might want to replace those if you sell it. I run a DIY Pluid in my peko that has no o-ring and have seen no ill effect.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From what I understand the bottle and tube are fine but the o-ring in the bottle tends to swell up. You could just replace it occasionally or do the bottle mod. The taste/smell will however stay in the tube and bottle for a very long time so you might want to replace those if you sell it. I run a DIY Pluid in my peko that has no o-ring and have seen no ill effect.
Sweet I still have the extra bottle and tube/o-ring , very good to know thanks :)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok....obtained this on the free. Discontinued colour and the internals were destroyed to to the previous owner dead shorting it. I am restoring the internals and selling it. For interest sake....as is? Or with the above REO logo (no ring, just REO and wings) laser engraved across the back? Let me know what YOU would rather buy. Again, this is only for interest, and not me selling anything.
JdmrzqT.jpg

VH46Frv.jpg

Walter Ego

Member For 4 Years
Personally I would prefer an unmodified piece of REO history. The purple anodized is an amazing color and the early ones were polished prior to anodizing. I have a vintage black anodized grand with the square back and a hex spring screw, I updated the internals but externally it is going to stay original.

McPuff

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
so i am sitting at work awaiting vape mail. i got my second reo grand lp sl coming. tracking says out for delivery. i rebuilt my reomiser 5.0 for it trying to pass the time. being patient.... being patient.... being patient. :confused:

McPuff

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok....obtained this on the free. Discontinued colour and the internals were destroyed to to the previous owner dead shorting it. I am restoring the internals and selling it. For interest sake....as is? Or with the above REO logo (no ring, just REO and wings) laser engraved across the back? Let me know what YOU would rather buy. Again, this is only for interest, and not me selling anything.
JdmrzqT.jpg

VH46Frv.jpg

i would also leave the mod the way it is. just repair it.

McPuff

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
the engraving on those are just plain beautiful. who did you have do that?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
A friend of mine in my HEMO group. He does hand carving and laser engraving. He is also Cerakoting one of my other REO

VU Sponsors