Become a Patron!

Replace the battery inside an Ijust 2?

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love using my Ijust 2 battery with an RDA on top, but the battery seems like its getting weaker and discharging a lot more quickly now. I want to prepare to replace the battery inside it within the next few months, but I've never heard of anyone doing it. I'm very cheap, enough to the point of preferring to replace the battery inside the Ijust2 rather than just buying another relatively inexpensive Ijust 2.

Does anybody know if there is a way to take it apart without damaging it, and what type of battery cell is inside? Thanks

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I believe the top of the ijust2 is press fitted. Meaning if you did get it apart it wouldn't go back together again. The battery is prob a 18650. If you were willing to do the work might be possible to take the chip of ijust 2 and place into a cheap mech. Than your battery would always be replaceable.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I believe the top of the ijust2 is press fitted. Meaning if you did get it apart it wouldn't go back together again. The battery is prob a 18650. If you were willing to do the work might be possible to take the chip of ijust 2 and place into a cheap mech. Than your battery would always be replaceable.

Thanks for the advice. But it's definitely not an 18650 because I stood one next to it and it's too tall to fit under the chip.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the advice. But it's definitely not an 18650 because I stood one next to it and it's too tall to fit under the chip.
18350 than maybe

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
LiPo I think . But replaceable with a 18350 ? post #49

dr_rox

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's the diameter of the tube?
If it like ego's, the outside diameter is actually the same size as a cell (w/ ego's it is 14 mm, and length will be 45 or 65 mm, the latter on 1100 mah versions). Some of the cigalikes have an OD the same size as a AAA battery.
Coincidence?
I think the baggie batteries are assembled on same equipment as a cell, stuffed into the appropriate extruded tube used for batteries, add a cap, base, electronics , and you have a mod.
Some cells I have taken apart actually have baggie batteries inside w/ wires soldered to terminals.

Given that. you might be able to fit the business end on an 18650 tube with some work if so motivated.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you for that picture. I guess I could just wait until the battery completely dies before taking it apart because then it wouldn't hurt if I broke something anyways.
Ya that bag battery can flame up real good .

VU Sponsors