Become a Patron!

Replaced the 510 on Reuleaux RX200S

falon1000

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well i bought the RX200S as my first regulated mod.
My last mod i made my self.
It is a parallel mosfet box, pretty standard, it had a varitube 510 so i never had problems with the 510.

But as soon as i got my RX200S my tank wobbled on it and made me uneasy.
So i ordered a FDV 22MM Low Profile - SHORT and immediately replaced it.

pretty much the same as a regular RX200 510 replacement but i had to cut a LOT out of my battery tray.
but it all fits and my battery door sits flush.

Pretty much a must do if you don't like your atomizer to wobble.

Pics will come soon.

Edit: The tank i used is a Herakles RTA2
Edit: As Promised here are some pictures

http://imgur.com/a/J4PoC

Last edited:

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Having my batteries rubbing against the nut on the 510 would make ME uneasy. Just sayin. Perhaps it just looks like it and they don't actually come in contact.

falon1000

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The batteries clear that nut, if they didn't I wouldn't be using it lol, I did kinda mess up the positive on that 510, solder ran up the outside of that pin and makes it stick sometimes but it works.

SuperMidget

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New
The batteries clear that nut, if they didn't I wouldn't be using it lol, I did kinda mess up the positive on that 510, solder ran up the outside of that pin and makes it stick sometimes but it works.

I've done this to my RX200 aswell and had the same solder issue. A 3 pack of replacement cores is only a few bucks so i'll probably order that soon to finish up the job and reassemble it.

falon1000

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmm I might have to do the same or sand the solder down a bit

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
as soon as i got my RX200S my tank wobbled on i
I just received my RX 2/3 and It did that same thing. But It only wobbled when I used the Gemini By vaporesso tank, noon of my other tanks wobbled. NIce job by the way!

falon1000

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just received my RX 2/3 and It did that same thing. But It only wobbled when I used the Gemini By vaporesso tank, noon of my other tanks wobbled. NIce job by the way!

Thanks, i just got my 3 pack of cores in the mail not too long ago to fix the 510 sticking down.
Also bought another v4 LP-short for my mosfet box mod
and got it all installed with the 14 gauge wire from FDV(that stuff is amazingly flexible), bought a button from there too but didnt realize the size on it(much too small for the hole i have drilled already) and had to make a little plastic washer and hot glued it in for now.

also need to borrow a dremel to sand down the rx200 so the 510 sits flush and not crooked

here are some pictures of the other box mod

https://imgur.com/gallery/iCNsD

Last edited:

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the same basic Joyetech 510 on my Vtwo and a thin plastic shim cures any that wobble. Either the Mod Guard from Kidneypuncher or just make your own out of anything available - old credit card, plastic can lid etc. and a paper punch for the center hole. Trim to fit whatever atty.

Last edited:

falon1000

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the same basic Joyetech 510 on my Vtwo and a thin plastic shim cures any that wobble. Either the Mod Guard from Kidneypuncher or just make your own out of any anything available - old credit card, plastic can lid etc. and a paper punch for the center hole. Trim to fit whatever atty.

I didn't know that at the time and just opted to replace the 510 because I felt like it would ruin my threads on my atomizer.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I understand. Nothing like getting one that fits everything on there. I'm just lazy and did it the easy way.:)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well i bought the RX200S as my first regulated mod.
My last mod i made my self.
It is a parallel mosfet box, pretty standard, it had a varitube 510 so i never had problems with the 510.

But as soon as i got my RX200S my tank wobbled on it and made me uneasy.
So i ordered a FDV 22MM Low Profile - SHORT and immediately replaced it.

pretty much the same as a regular RX200 510 replacement but i had to cut a LOT out of my battery tray.
but it all fits and my battery door sits flush.

Pretty much a must do if you don't like your atomizer to wobble.

Pics will come soon.

Edit: The tank i used is a Herakles RTA2
Edit: As Promised here are some pictures

http://imgur.com/a/J4PoC
good work I am contemplating replacing mine of the Rx 300 and Rx 2/3

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I will leave the 510 on my standard RX's and other Joyetech/Wismec mods, but I really would like to do this for my DNA200 version.

The only thing is, I am not the best when it comes to soldering, and also would be a bit worried about cutting into the sled, so it would be great if I could find someone local who would do the upgrade.

You have done a nice job there, I hope the mod serves you well :).

TVB

Unlisted Vendor
I think I'll leave mine on, my atty (Avocado 24) fits on it anyway.

Though this is some greatwork you did. That's awesome :)

VU Sponsors