Become a Patron!

Replacement Aspire coils don't fit

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought some aspire Nautilus coils for a coworker & gave them to him today. He comes up to me saying they don't fit. I take a look & yep, no fit. Any ideas why. I've never used an aspire, but was under the assumption there was only one aspire Nautilus tank. The new one is on the right. Best I can think of is the chimney is too tall. Can we force it in to get the threads started? I haven't contacted the vendor yet, will do so after work if needed. IMAG0338_1.jpg

Is one of those the new vertical coil? I just tried switching the new vertical coil in my mini nautilus and the standard dual coil in my nautilus to see if there were any issues but both coils worked fine in both devices. I wasn't aware of a 3rd kind of coil for the nautilus but it appears you have something different. I know that doesn't help much.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
after you screw the head into the base you kinda have to use a bit of force initially ...only happens on a few...

also on the mini, only use snug as a reference when putting tank together, or you will find when the tank is nearly empty and you want to refill, the vaccuum is so tight you may need a pliers to unscrew the base from the tank...

now , after reading this, im trying to understand why i actually like the tanks...lol

hold the phone, if you are trying to put the dual coil nautilus head in the mini, it wont fit, the coil assy is too tall
thought you were having trouble putting the verical coil assy in

sorry, my bad !!!!!!

going to my room now!!!

Last edited:
I have a dual coil head on my mini right now. It works fine. Is it possible I have a generic version instead of an authentic and that's why they are interchangeable at least between my nautilus and mini nautilus?

Last edited:

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coworker broke his Nautilus last night. Now he's looking into one that will take the new coils. I have no clue. Can anyone help me help him?

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I bought some aspire Nautilus coils for a coworker & gave them to him today. He comes up to me saying they don't fit. I take a look & yep, no fit. Any ideas why. I've never used an aspire, but was under the assumption there was only one aspire Nautilus tank. The new one is on the right. Best I can think of is the chimney is too tall. Can we force it in to get the threads started? I haven't contacted the vendor yet, will do so after work if needed. View attachment 3176
Strange, do you mind saying where you bought the coils? There are clones out already , but normally the clones are made pretty close to the real deal

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I bought some aspire Nautilus coils for a coworker & gave them to him today. He comes up to me saying they don't fit. I take a look & yep, no fit. Any ideas why. I've never used an aspire, but was under the assumption there was only one aspire Nautilus tank. The new one is on the right. Best I can think of is the chimney is too tall. Can we force it in to get the threads started? I haven't contacted the vendor yet, will do so after work if needed. View attachment 3176
I just went and looked at my coil collection, the one on the left appears to be a bvc and the other a bdc. Both should work on either nautilus tanks

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Amanda. I'm a little behind on the new stuff. I'll compare the old & new coils when I get time.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just took a quick look at the site, for 4.99 for a five pack they have to be clones. Unless I read it wrong and they are 4.99 a piece, which I doubt. The bvc coils is incredible, night and day over the bdc. Last twice as long, better taste, and huge clouds. It's a winner. Aspire is coming out with the bvc for the non nautilus tanks this month also.
So, the viva nova, etc can use them. they will be hot in those tanks also

Last edited:

VU Sponsors