Become a Patron!

Replacement for Reload Squonk Mod (Reload Vapor USA)

Hey folks,

I'm at my second Reload Squonk Mod (the first has been replaced, had an issue with the pin going down, loosing connection with the ato) and now I have an issue with the chip: when I install the batteries I get the LED always on, all colours at the same time. I guess the chip is in error mode, but nothing such described in the manual and the box does not do anything anymore in this state.
Since the vendor does not have spare mods, I'm looking for a very similiar squonker:
-dual battery (18650 is good)
-"hybrid" mech/regulated like this one: it works alike a mech mod but still prevents under voltage and stuff
-very slim and very minimalistic design (available in black preferred), best in a triangle shape

Here you find the mentioned mod:
https://thereloadvaporusa.com/products/reload-squonk-mod-black

It seems I can't find such a slim and minimalistic design elsewhere :( it doesn't disturb me if it's a mech mod, I just don't want a screen.

Any help would be so much appreciated!!!

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The cheapest, most comfortable, Dual-cell, Regulated squonker I've found so far is the SXK Box[er] Squonk Mod.

I'd like to get about 3-10 more of these mod-bodies, maybe $2-4 each - and stick a PWM board in there.

Hi thanks for the reply but it does have a screen...
So I prefer a "mech" mod with a chip if not (I'm not aware of so many brands doing so) a mech mod :)

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Such "mech mods" are just "unregulated" - which is just trash to me. You might as well just get a PWM mod.

My mech mods are packed away for the Apocalypse - those that tested out as 100% reliable for months. Pwm mods are the next-best thing: the boards are pretty cheap, they are reliable - even repairable - with good battery life.

Pretty obviously, your choice of "unregulated" isn't doing you any favors at all, or you'd not be looking for a replacement of a replacement.

From my peek inside, I also suspect my Basium will also convert to PWM quite easily.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could go with something like the Recurve squonker which is similar. I believe the output is 80w and is a partially regulated device. I am using one right now with the Kali V2 rda and I love the combo. It can also take 18650, 20700, or 21700.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hi thanks for the reply but it does have a screen...
So I prefer a "mech" mod with a chip if not (I'm not aware of so many brands doing so) a mech mod :)

Something like a mosfet - look at the Luxotic or the Luna by Asmodus to begin your search

There are also very high budget options you could look at

VU Sponsors