Become a Patron!

Replacing coil

seantreezo20

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm new to vaping and I have a segelei box and was wondering how often I replace the coil. I run at about 50w. Thanks

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
youll be able to tell when the coil is needing a change. Flavor will drop off or start tasting funky. With pre-made coils, it's a crap shoot. Could be anywhere from a few days to a month.

seantreezo20

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok yeah so I've had it for about a month and a half. My friend gave it to me cause he got a new one and it needed a coil. So I replaced it right away. It just started not hitting as well. Thanks for the help!

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
New coils have a break in period. You just have to wait a little. Month and a half is way too much for any coil. lol He was probably not using it much. lol Coils usually last anywhere from a week to two max, depending on how much you vape. Some people would say they have coils that have lasted longer, but usually they don't notice the bad taste since the change is subtle. My friend had a coil for three months and couldn't tell he needed to change his coil until i let hem taste the same juice he had in his tank, on my rda. lol It happens!

seantreezo20

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha yeah I ordered a pack of 5 online for like $13. Appreciate your feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i will disagree with kenedyhexohm stating prebuilt coils cant last more then 2 weeks
it depends on use and type of juice
IN GENERAL (not the end all be all of truth here) darker colored juices particularly custards,deserts chocolate flavors etc gunk coils up much faster then
clearer juices

A coil can last much longer then 2 weeks if you are only using a couple ml of juice a day and its clearer style juice like plainish fruit flavors. Also many people have great success stretching out a coils life by cleaning it.

I will say 2 weeks is an average length for pre built coils if you are going through even the clearest juice at 30mls a day it aint gonna last 2 weeks

it more of how much juice the coil can take before it tastes bad and that is dependent of the juice itself. my choclate flavors gunk up my rtas wicks and coils in less then 2 weeks so I rewick and clean my coils every 2 weeks or less on those flavors, my rtas that use only fruit flavors like my peach/mango can go 4-5 weeks without changing

But as everyone has said....when it starts tasting weak or funny change the coil after a while you will get a feel for how fast your juice goes through coils
there is no definitive set number of days a coil lasts..

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
i will disagree with kenedyhexohm stating prebuilt coils cant last more then 2 weeks
it depends on use and type of juice
IN GENERAL (not the end all be all of truth here) darker colored juices particularly custards,deserts chocolate flavors etc gunk coils up much faster then
clearer juices

A coil can last much longer then 2 weeks if you are only using a couple ml of juice a day and its clearer style juice like plainish fruit flavors. Also many people have great success stretching out a coils life by cleaning it.

I will say 2 weeks is an average length for pre built coils if you are going through even the clearest juice at 30mls a day it aint gonna last 2 weeks

it more of how much juice the coil can take before it tastes bad and that is dependent of the juice itself. my choclate flavors gunk up my rtas wicks and coils in less then 2 weeks so I rewick and clean my coils every 2 weeks or less on those flavors, my rtas that use only fruit flavors like my peach/mango can go 4-5 weeks without changing

But as everyone has said....when it starts tasting weak or funny change the coil after a while you will get a feel for how fast your juice goes through coils
there is no definitive set number of days a coil lasts..
I agree with you're claims. But I meant two weeks in general. In saying so, I'm assuming the person is not limited to vaping only fruits and shuns sweet desserts and candy flavors. I'm also assuming that the individual is not vaping at very high wattages and is vaping throughout the day and not just occasionally. If so, coils, again, on average, will not last more than two weeks. I'm not a tank user, I use rda's exclusively, but, when i started vaping, i did own tanks and, for me at least, they didn't last past 2 weeks. This is also a general figure most tank users wold agree with. In the end, however, your right, taste is the best predictor.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I agree with you're claims. But I meant two weeks in general. In saying so, I'm assuming the person is not limited to vaping only fruits and shuns sweet desserts and candy flavors. I'm also assuming that the individual is not vaping at very high wattages and is vaping throughout the day and not just occasionally. If so, coils, again, on average, will not last more than two weeks. I'm not a tank user, I use rda's exclusively, but, when i started vaping, i did own tanks and, for me at least, they didn't last past 2 weeks. This is also a general figure most tank users wold agree with. In the end, however, your right, taste is the best predictor.
Agreed. my crown tank would sometimes last a week sometimes 2, a few coils lasted me a month.

VU Sponsors