Become a Patron!

Reputable sellers in terms of juice measurment?

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been curious, has anybody taken new bottles of juice and measured the contents to see if they're getting the advertised amount?

I have juice from several different vendors and some bottles of the same size have a noticably different height and weight. I understand that some bottles are made of different materials, but I just want to make sure that when I get 30ml of juice, it is indeed 30ml. Juice costs a lot and it would be even worse if some vendors are shorting us.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So far all juice I've bought except one has come from local shops, and most are filled about as far as they can be, but never measured them. I doubt they would be off more than a few drops at best.

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
In all fairness, bottles that 'look' the same can be different. Most bottles stated capacity is just at the 'shoulder' of the bottle. Some vendors measure exactly 30ml (for example). Others, like myself, just fill it to the top. I know one vendor who advertises '34' ml - it's actually a 30ml bottle that he fills up all the way. I've also seen a glass 30ml bottle that was taller than normal and was made of especially thick glass. It looked *much* bigger than the 'normal' 30ml bottles next to it.

PickNic Basket

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In general, I've seen more over than short. Many 30ml bottles get filled to 33-34ml.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sadly, I made a purchase of a 30ml bottle of some "premium" juice and brought it home and extracted it and it was around 25ml. Sometimes it happens. Maybe it has to do with the type of bottle used but yeah I learned my lesson. I have been DIY and life is good!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd be most suspicious of glass bottles with glass bulb droppers - seems if bottle volume is what's measured, the area displaced by the dropper would create a shortage. But glass is also sexier in a lot of folks' opinions...

TheFog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Personally give me the plastic needle tip bottle any day, no break, no dropper, and easier to fill/place liquid....and max room for juice without the dropper

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Personally give me the plastic needle tip bottle any day, no break, no dropper, and easier to fill/place liquid....and max room for juice without the dropper

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I agree. I could never understand the appeal of glass dropper bottles. Maybe it's just me but I always seem to need an extra hand dealing with them.

PickNic Basket

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd be most suspicious of glass bottles with glass bulb droppers - seems if bottle volume is what's measured, the area displaced by the dropper would create a shortage. But glass is also sexier in a lot of folks' opinions...

The dropper is the issue. I have found that IME 30ml bottles without an installed dropper often hold more than 30ml. 30ml would fill the bottle just to the shoulder, and many are above that. On some inserting a dropper fully will cause it to over flow, or come just to the very top of the neck. A bottle sold with the dropper in it, if designed to hold 30ml, may not actually contain a full 30ml in order to allow room for the dropper. In that case, it should be advertised as less than 30ml.

For the record, I prefer glass. If selling accurately (a full 15 or 30ml) requires selling without the dropper inserted, then that is how it should be done.

VU Sponsors