Become a Patron!

Requesting Help To Simplify Mix Calculations

Good evening.

I have read multiple websites on how to do DIY calculations. Unfortunately, they all went over my head as well as not exactly what I was looking for.

I have the following items —-
30 ML bottle of Flavorless 0.3% Nicotine
30 ML bottle of Mango 0.0% Nicotine
30 ML bottle of Strawberry 0.0% Nicotine
30 ML bottle of Peach 0.0% Nicotine

I have one empty 30 ML bottle with syringe top.

All I want is how to combine all with 3% nicotine and without increasing the nicotine percentage. I don’t know if it’s based on number of drops or what.

May I ask for help, please?

Thank you in advance.
Debbie

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You will only decrease the Nicotine (dilution) by adding the Mango, Strawberry, and/or Peach which do not have any Nicotine in them. I've never seen 0.3% Nicotine... are you sure of that value? Could it be 3%? Are the flavors concentrates?

IMG_6917.JPG
You will only decrease the Nicotine (dilution) by adding the Mango, Strawberry, and/or Peach which do not have any Nicotine in them. I've never seen 0.3% Nicotine... are you sure of that value? Could it be 3%? Are the flavors concentrates?

Attachments

• IMG_6918.JPG
    IMG_6918.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1

Thank you for replying. As you can see, the bottle mentioned 0.3% Flavorless Nicotine.

I do understand that diluting the 0% nicotine flavors reduces the 0.3% nicotine.

What I need to know how to keep it as 0.3% nicotine without diluting it. I do believe that adding three of my 0% nicotine flavors (strawberry, mango and, peach) at 1/3 of the volume. It’s the 0.3% nicotine I am uncertain of. Do I add certain amount of drops or what to keep it at 0.3% without dilution.

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

Debbie

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gotch ya. So that's 3 mg/ml nicotine. Your mix will be quite low on Nicotine. What are the PG/VG concentrations of your liquids? If your goal is to be at 0.3% after adding flavors you need to have a higher concentration of Nicotine.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you use equal parts of all four your 30 ml mix would be 0.75 mg/ml Nic (0.075%)
Equal Parts.JPG

If you bought 1.2% Nic (12 mg/ml) and used equal parts of all four your 30 ml mix would be 3 mg/ml Nic (0.3%)
Nic Level for 3mg Nic Equal Parts.JPG

Gotch ya. So that's 3 mg/ml nicotine. Your mix will be quite low on Nicotine. What are the PG/VG concentrations of your liquids? If your goal is to be at 0.3% after adding flavors you need to have a higher concentration of Nicotine.
I have no idea about the PG/VG concentrations. Hubby bought it for me so I didn’t have the opportunity to ask the seller. With that said, I tried to read the ingredients but the fonts are so tiny, not even a magnifying glass and light helped.

Nonetheless, it’s already pre-mixed.

Last edited:
If you use equal parts of all four your 30 ml mix would be 0.75 mg/ml Nic (0.075%)
View attachment 74962

If you bought 1.2% Nic (12 mg/ml) and used equal parts of all four your 30 ml mix would be 3 mg/ml Nic (0.3%)
View attachment 74963
If I’m understanding you correctly, I’d need a higher percentage (12%) of nicotine in order to dilute it down enough to make it 3%. That sounds like the seller/maker had not been honest with me in the past.

I almost feel I should do away with the nicotine. But since I still have the bottle and hate to waste money,

Since I do not have any VG mix nor PG mix bottles, I’m not mixing them because the 0.3% Flavorless bottle is already pre-mixed. I see your charts and I mostly understand them but the VG/PG percentages confuses me as I fail to understand how it affects the nicotine percentage.

Aside from the fact that I don’t understand how VG/PG percentages affecting the nicotine percentage, does this mean that I can’t decrease the three flavors (to what percentage or drops of each?) while increase the fourth (3% nicotine bottle)? To be honest, I’m not sure if my question makes sense.

Thank you for your time and help, MarkS. It is appreciated!

Debbie

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You need stronger nicotine to mix anything to 3mg.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I’m understanding you correctly, I’d need a higher percentage (12%) of nicotine in order to dilute it down enough to make it 3%. That sounds like the seller/maker had not been honest with me in the past.

I almost feel I should do away with the nicotine. But since I still have the bottle and hate to waste money,

Since I do not have any VG mix nor PG mix bottles, I’m not mixing them because the 0.3% Flavorless bottle is already pre-mixed. I see your charts and I mostly understand them but the VG/PG percentages confuses me as I fail to understand how it affects the nicotine percentage.

Aside from the fact that I don’t understand how VG/PG percentages affecting the nicotine percentage, does this mean that I can’t decrease the three flavors (to what percentage or drops of each?) while increase the fourth (3% nicotine bottle)? To be honest, I’m not sure if my question makes sense.

Thank you for your time and help, MarkS. It is appreciated!

Debbie
VG/PG percentages do not impact the Nic level. They come into play with what you are looking for in your vapor. Higher VG will give you more robust clouds and higher PG will give you more of a throat hit. It also depends on the type of atomizer you are using. Some coils do not perform well with high VG liquids.

I still would also like to know if your e-juice flavors are concentrate (for DIY) or just flavored e-liquid. It makes a big difference in how much flavor you use in the mix!

VG/PG percentages do not impact the Nic level. They come into play with what you are looking for in your vapor. Higher VG will give you more robust clouds and higher PG will give you more of a throat hit. It also depends on the type of atomizer you are using. Some coils do not perform well with high VG liquids.

I still would also like to know if your e-juice flavors are concentrate (for DIY) or just flavored e-liquid. It makes a big difference in how much flavor you use in the mix!

Each bottles are specific flavored e-liquids. I’m not looking to experiment new flavors. I am a long-term buyer of the Fuzzy Navel w/3% nicotine, but the seller didn’t have any Orange. Thus, the PMS (Peach, Mango, Strawberry) happens to be the “next best thing” to Fuzzy Navel. The seller claimed that there’s a new federal law prohibiting at mixing flavors. At least that’s what the seller advised to my hubby.

I was taken aback at the bottles hubby bought for me and I’m not happy with the seller. All I was expecting was a pre-made Fuzzy Navel or pre-made PMS, all with 3% nicotine.

I hope my answers helped, MarkS.

Thanx in advance.
Debbie

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah... they wouldn't be concentrates. So, to get what you want (or as close as possible) I would get some 1.2% Nic and put equal parts into the 30 ml bottle. Better yet would be getting a smaller bottle and putting equal parts in it just to make sure the combination is what you are looking for. You may need more or less of a particular flavor to obtain the blend that tastes the best to you. If you go smaller bottle, you could experiment with the 0.3% Nic.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
To be honest I'd dump it you don't know what the base liquid in the nic is the reason I say that is your gonna need quite a bit of it to much PG or VG might not agree with you. It will not be the same as buying a flavour already at 3 as they would have adjusted these 2 things accordingly :) that aside;

that entire odourless nic bottle is 0.3mg you could vape that on its own it would still be 0.3 the whole way (at least hope that the label is right)

Say you combine all of those 4 bottles you would have just under 0.075mg as you diluted the nic

3:1 ratio

I would say 1.2mg as well want to mix 3 part flavour 1 part nic

Note: Only thing doing my noggin here is whether you should exclude the nic or not from this calculation and make it 0.9 rather than 1.2

If you want to do it other way round using the 0.3mg then 3 parts nic 1 part flavour (although it will come out less than 0.3mg it will be 0.225mg)

Last edited:

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I understand what you are trying to do, it cannot be done.
As soon as you mix your 3 mg nicotine with something else, the blend will be LESS than 3 mg strength.

If you really want to use all the flavored 0% liquids, and end up at 3 mg nic, you need to start with stronger nic base - and STILL, you are diluting the flavoring with some "unflavored" nic.

When people"DIY" and add nic, it's often from a much stronger base (100 mg/ml) so it would not dilute the flavoring as much.

Honestly - you CAN'T end up with anything that isn't lower nic - so you can't do anything dangerous.
You should just go ahead and experiment - mix some stuff together, vape it, see if you like it.
And look for a source of supplies that will work better for you - either learn to mix to a recipe or find a pre-made nic included juice...

Good evening.

I have read multiple websites on how to do DIY calculations. Unfortunately, they all went over my head as well as not exactly what I was looking for.

I have the following items —-
30 ML bottle of Flavorless 0.3% Nicotine
30 ML bottle of Mango 0.0% Nicotine
30 ML bottle of Strawberry 0.0% Nicotine
30 ML bottle of Peach 0.0% Nicotine

I have one empty 30 ML bottle with syringe top.

All I want is how to combine all with 3% nicotine and without increasing the nicotine percentage. I don’t know if it’s based on number of drops or what.

May I ask for help, please?

Thank you in advance.
Debbie

VU Sponsors