Become a Patron!

Retail repackaging

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, I was just looking at Bull City flavors. They sell FA flavors cheaper than the Italians do on their site. After shipping it across the ocean, how do they do this? I can think of a number of reasons, but I like to hear from others.

Also, I've seen some posts where people seem to be concerned about repackaging. Why?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, my guess would be bulk buying, and re-bottling, rather than original packaging. I honestly don't know if that's the case, but I've always selected rebottled, when I've had the option. A) it's cheaper B) I hate the FA bottles C) I've never had an issue with rebottled from them.

I suppose some people have had issues from vendors with rebottled flavorings, from a standpoint that maybe a flavoring hasn't been shaken well enough, prior to pouring. With an original bottle, that's not a factor, since you have the control of that.

They're a great vendor, always have been, IME.

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi, I was just looking at Bull City flavors. They sell FA flavors cheaper than the Italians do on their site. After shipping it across the ocean, how do they do this? I can think of a number of reasons, but I like to hear from others.

Also, I've seen some posts where people seem to be concerned about repackaging. Why?

That would be because FA is selling to the general public at retail prices, not wholesale. That's the beauty of wholesale, the more you buy the cheaper it gets (due to volume discounts). If FA sold to the general public at wholesale prices, why bother being a re-seller? With a re-seller network, you ultimately sell more and reach a broader audience.

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, my guess would be bulk buying, and re-bottling, rather than original packaging. I honestly don't know if that's the case, but I've always selected rebottled, when I've had the option. A) it's cheaper B) I hate the FA bottles C) I've never had an issue with rebottled from them.

I suppose some people have had issues from vendors with rebottled flavorings, from a standpoint that maybe a flavoring hasn't been shaken well enough, prior to pouring. With an original bottle, that's not a factor, since you have the control of that.

They're a great vendor, always have been, IME.

lol... we posted within seconds of each other :)

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info.

FA sells a 10ml bottle for $2.86, depending on exchange rate. BCV sells the same for $2. FA is making quite a profit selling retail, that's for sure. If BCV shipped overseas I'd definitely do all my business with them regardless of rebottling. However, the extra money for buying from FA is not really a hardship when buying smaller quantities. I really need to look into shipping from BCV to here though, as it really sucks dealing with 3 vendors at a time.

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the info.

FA sells a 10ml bottle for $2.86, depending on exchange rate. BCV sells the same for $2. FA is making quite a profit selling retail, that's for sure. If BCV shipped overseas I'd definitely do all my business with them regardless of rebottling. However, the extra money for buying from FA is not really a hardship when buying smaller quantities. I really need to look into shipping from BCV to here though, as it really sucks dealing with 3 vendors at a time.

If you're overseas it's going to be pretty expensive to buy anything from the US. I'm in Canada and I don't even order from there. I've looked into several vendors - even for just a few 30ml bottles it's usually $15 or more to ship.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're overseas it's going to be pretty expensive to buy anything from the US. I'm in Canada and I don't even order from there. I've looked into several vendors - even for just a few 30ml bottles it's usually $15 or more to ship.

Yea, I figured as much. I could have it sent on a slow boat via China. Oh wait, the Italians already do that.:kickbutt:

VU Sponsors