Become a Patron!

Retro Review - OBS Engine Nano RTA - What's it like now? - Including wicking tutorial

MF_Vape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

So something a little bit different for you guys, we have got a mini series of retro reviews for you. I've dug out a couple of 'old' RTAs and RDAs and we're gonna see how they live up with todays atties. First up we have the OBS Engine Nano single coil RTA. As ever, if you enjoy please give a thumbs up and subscribe. Cheers

https://mfvape.co.uk

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm exclusively using Nanos - one is Used (from here), one was new (gold, from china) - both purchased this last winter. I even got a buddy to leap upon one here that was lightly used.

Love the simplicity, flavor, lack-of-leaks. The only niggles are:
  1. I wish I could tear it down further for cleaning;
  2. I wish we could find bubble-glass replacements
  3. Some sort of coil-height gauge for the hidden airflow
#3 is not horrible: you can diddle around with depth-gauges/calipers and get close - your answer is also useful.

Only bits missing from your Retro-Review would be, (particularly since this is RETRO):
  • Where can you get replacement glass? (what size)
  • Replacement seals?
  • Comparison against some of the top Single-coils: Serpent Elevate, Kaees Solomon 2, etc (I'd have perhaps checked against some of the top-scoring tanks that @Vaping With Vic and other UK vapers have covered)
I've yet to see anything today that is Superior across the board.

MF_Vape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm exclusively using Nanos - one is Used (from here), one was new (gold, from china) - both purchased this last winter. I even got a buddy to leap upon one here that was lightly used.

#3 is not horrible: you can diddle around with depth-gauges/calipers and get close - your answer is also useful.

Only bits missing from your Retro-Review would be, (particularly since this is RETRO):
  • Replacement seals?
  • Comparison against some of the top Single-coils: Serpent Elevate, Kaees Solomon 2, etc (I'd have perhaps checked against some of the top-scoring tanks that @Vaping With Vic and other UK vapers have covered)

Thanks for your thoughts. I don't ever mention where you can purchase the items I review anymore due to strict rules that Youtube have imposed. I recommend just doing a Google search, especially as folk could be anywhere in the world. As far as comparing to all the ones you listed, I compared it to the CP TF and Wasp Nano, the CP TF being my favourite single coiler. Vaping with Vic is his own person and I have my own preferences. I take your point that I could have wicked up a few more of my favourites but I have limited time as I work full time too. The Engine Nano is definitely still holding its own though and I scored it an 8 out of 10 for flavour. Its definitely not quite hitting the mark compared with some of my top single coilers but damn near close, and it doesn't leak. Cheers for your thoughts and thanks for watching .

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

• Replacement seals?
Replacement (bubble glass) can be purchased from Ali express.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

MF_Vape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

• Replacement seals?
Thanks for the feedback and take on board your points. To be honest I am just like every other punter and have to search on Google to find what I need. As far as comparisons go, I work full time and have to fit in my reviews around a full time accountancy job so I put up what I can in my spare time. Taste and performance is very subjective so I tend not to do comparisons. I usually do a best of at the end of the year though. Saying all that, this RTA still holds its own and i think is a great RTA.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors