Reuleaux keeps changing out of tc/ss to vw

ademel692

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its happening fairly often on my builds
My build is fine nothing shorted ohms out anywhere from .2-.85 or so
When I fire up it almost instantly goes back to vw mode and then won't go back to tc/ss mode
It only goes vw, tc/ ni., ti until I remove then reinstall the tank
But then the situation happens again
Any help would be gladly appreciated

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Its happening fairly often on my builds
My build is fine nothing shorted ohms out anywhere from .2-.85 or so
When I fire up it almost instantly goes back to vw mode and then won't go back to tc/ss mode
It only goes vw, tc/ ni., ti until I remove then reinstall the tank
But then the situation happens again
Any help would be gladly appreciated

Someone said there's an update on the firmware for this mod.

ademel692

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you saying the same build is fluctuating between .2 and .85?
No I meant each build will ohm out in that range depending on gauge , wraps , type of wire , inner diameter etc.

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So it is not just one build that the mod is doing this on? You have had this reaction from the mod on multiple types of wire and builds? Can I know what RTA you are using and the specific build you have in it now.

ademel692

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So it is not just one build that the mod is doing this on? You have had this reaction from the mod on multiple types of wire and builds? Can I know what RTA you are using and the specific build you have in it now.
I've only rebuilt using kanthal and stainless so far so idk how it reacts to the titanium or nickel but my RTA I'm using right now is the tf-rca in the smok tfv4 mini its done this on several of my stainless builds but right now I have .24 ga ss @6 wraps with 4mm id

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've only rebuilt using kanthal and stainless so far so idk how it reacts to the titanium or nickel but my RTA I'm using right now is the tf-rca in the smok tfv4 mini its done this on several of my stainless builds but right now I have .24 ga ss @6 wraps with 4mm id
Ahhh, now we are getting somewhere, the rx200 does not support 316l SS only 304. Do you know if 316l is the SS you are using? If this is a tank with prebuilt coils the chances of it being 316l are about 99%. If you have a Ti or Ni coil you can test the TC on that would be great, than we can start to isolate the problem. I am going to make an assumption at this point that the grade of SS wire being used is not recognized by the rx200 as being "TC Compatible so it throws you into power mode.

ademel692

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ahhh, now we are getting somewhere, the rx200 does not support 316l SS only 304. Do you know if 316l is the SS you are using? If this is a tank with prebuilt coils the chances of it being 316l are about 99%. If you have a Ti or Ni coil you can test the TC on that would be great, than we can start to isolate the problem. I am going to make an assumption at this point that the grade of SS wire being used is not recognized by the rx200 as being "TC Compatible so it throws you into power mode.
Actually if that's the case
You just solved my problem
I have been using 316L ss I guess that's the only grade I can get locally
Thanks man
Shit was driving me nuts
Now next question
In your opinion
Which do you prefer to build with between nickel and titanium? And why?

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Personally I have never built with either, if I vape TC it is usually a tank with premade coils. With that being said, most of the premades are nickel and I enjoy them because I haven't tried Ti....lol. But as far as the SS problem you have, let's not assume that is the fix as I am not certain that the wires actually react differently, they just have a different resistance coefficient. Just to make sure tomorrow I will build using 316l and see how my rx200 reacts. Just to be on the safe side though, may I suggest that you upgrade the firmware all over again, any software that is downloaded can become corrupt. I would reflash to 1.07 and than back up to 1.08. If you do not have 1.07 I still have a copy if you need it.

ademel692

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cool I still have 1.07 and 1.08 but I have a chromebook so I have to use my ma's laptop or desktop lol I've been curious about using different wire so at some point in time I will have experience with all kinda shit lol
But yea I'm gonna try and re-update my firmware when I get access to some sort of windows computer haha

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Actually if that's the case
You just solved my problem
I have been using 316L ss I guess that's the only grade I can get locally
Thanks man
Shit was driving me nuts
Now next question
In your opinion

I'd go with titanium. It's a fuller vape like kanthal or SS. Nickel always felt anaemic to me even with 26g.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It has ran 316L just fine for me on any version of the firmware. Rda with 316L and triton coils... whatever SS they use.

ademel692

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It has ran 316L just fine for me on any version of the firmware. Rda with 316L and triton coils... whatever SS they use.
Have you every had the issue that mine is having

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you every had the issue that mine is having

No, haven't hear of anyone else having an issue running SS in TC mode either. Kinda sounds like a warranty issue to me.

The wires are secure in the post holes? Screws are nice & snug on the wires? Multiple attys built with SS wire are having the same issue? Do you have a regular rda to build and not the smok rebuildable thing?

ademel692

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, haven't hear of anyone else having an issue running SS in TC mode either. Kinda sounds like a warranty issue to me.

The wires are secure in the post holes? Screws are nice & snug on the wires? Multiple attys built with SS wire are having the same issue? Do you have a regular rda to build and not the smok rebuildable thing?
Wires are secure have 2 rdas that utilize the post holes that you stick the wire thru and tighten the machine screws on the wire as opposed to catching the wire withe the screw head I think I found the issue tho
It happens when I don't enter whether or not its a new or same coil
But at times it doesn't prompt me to enter new/same coil

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have to unscrew the rda
Press fire button
Screw the rda press yes for new coil....
Check spacing on ur build
Make sure everything is tight no touching each other, it won't hurt to watch more ytubes, what's gonna hurt is when that thing boom in ur mouth...

VAPE ON

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@ademel692 bad news, I just did a fresh build using 316l in a lush RDA, put it on my RX200 in SS mode and it works like a charm. I fear you either have something shorting on your build or RDA or you may have a defective mod. I would attempt to contact Wismec ASAP as I did a little research and you are not the only one with this issue.

ademel692

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You have to unscrew the rda
Press fire button
Screw the rda press yes for new coil....
Check spacing on ur build
Make sure everything is tight no touching each other, it won't hurt to watch more ytubes, what's gonna hurt is when that thing boom in ur mouth...

VAPE ON
Yea that'd be no bueno

ademel692

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@ademel692 bad news, I just did a fresh build using 316l in a lush RDA, put it on my RX200 in SS mode and it works like a charm. I fear you either have something shorting on your build or RDA or you may have a defective mod. I would attempt to contact Wismec ASAP as I did a little research and you are not the only one with this issue.
Ahhh shit that's not what i wanna hear !! Damn it .. Thanks for the heads up tho I'm not familiar with their warranty service and would definitely be very pissed if it was out of warranty
I guess I'll get started on that process lol

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Warranty
Please consult with your WISMEC distributors for warranty or return policy.

WISMEC agrees to provide after-sale service under warranty pursuant to the following terms and conditions:

1. This warranty provides free replacement if authentic WISMEC product cannot work due to the quality problems, in the precondition of non-artificial damage. Warranty period is 90 days from date of purchase by the end user.

2. This warranty will be void as a result of any of the following conditions:
* Customer does not provide original receipt of purchase.
* Product failure or damage caused due to improper use or unauthorized repair and alteration.
* Product failure or damage caused as a result of excessive force such as dropping.
* Product failure or damage caused by improper use of water or other liquid.
* Product failure or damage caused due to usage with non-WISMEC components (charger, battery and power cable).

3. This warranty does not cover personal items or consumable goods and attachments, including but not limited to: mouthpiece, cartridge, atomizer head, lanyard, and leather sheath.

4. This warranty does not cover any non-genuine WISMEC products. This warranty is only valid for authentic WISMEC products within 90 days after date of purchase by the end user.

WISMEC reserves the right of final decision in all warranty cases. WISMEC may interpret and revise the content of this warranty terms.

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@ademel692 I have a little update for you, funny thing just happened and I hope that it really helps you. I don't think anything is wrong with your mod, I think its wrong with your wire. I have personally gotten mislabeled rolls of wire before. I am hoping you just have what you think is SS but really it's kanthal. Funny thing just happened to me, I have a tank that I use Ni coils and regular kanthal coils with, I hadn't used it in about a week and assumed I still had a Ni coil in. I put it on the Rx200 put it into Ni mode set resistance, temp and vaped. I got a weak ass hit and looked down and low and behold it had popped into power at 20w. Put it back to Ni, same thing happened. Took the coil out and it was kanthal not Ni. Short end to long story if the mod senses kanthal it throws you into power automatically.

ademel692

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@ademel692 I have a little update for you, funny thing just happened and I hope that it really helps you. I don't think anything is wrong with your mod, I think its wrong with your wire. I have personally gotten mislabeled rolls of wire before. I am hoping you just have what you think is SS but really it's kanthal. Funny thing just happened to me, I have a tank that I use Ni coils and regular kanthal coils with, I hadn't used it in about a week and assumed I still had a Ni coil in. I put it on the Rx200 put it into Ni mode set resistance, temp and vaped. I got a weak ass hit and looked down and low and behold it had popped into power at 20w. Put it back to Ni, same thing happened. Took the coil out and it was kanthal not Ni. Short end to long story if the mod senses kanthal it throws you into power automatically.
Well that is a way better now to end on than a defective device lol because I Lord at their warranty and , like most manufacturers , they would easily have blamed it on my dropping it on the ground because when I dropped it it left a Lil battle scar but I know it want the drop that was making it malfunction. Well, I hope your right on this one Bud thank you

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would go and pick up another spool of SS and test. Hell if you want I'll send you a good size strand, Just PM me your address and I'll put it in an envelope.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using 316L with no issues at all on my RX200. I've got a dual coil Clapton build that works great in my Petri clone and a single Clapton in my TFV4 rebuildable now.
I'm not the best coil builder in the world, so mislabeled wire may be a distinct possibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ademel692

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would go and pick up another spool of SS and test. Hell if you want I'll send you a good size strand, Just PM me your address and I'll put it in an envelope.
Found out the issue bro I used my other spool of a different brand ss316L and it works no problem on the RX I believe you were correct thank you good sir !

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had the same issues with My snow green RX, it was jumping in ohms though, I just push the 510 and out 3 times, never had the problem anymore...

VAPE ON

Ace25

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got my RX200 today along with 2 spools of 316l (24 & 28g), spool of Titanium, and a spool of Ni200. I am using a Triton tank with the RTA to build my own coils. Right away I had the issue with the 316l wire as described, instant Temp Protection. Tried 2 builds with both the 24 and 28g wire, always the same result. Then tried the Titanium and Ni200 wire, both work as expected. Only the SS wire is giving me problems. I guess I am SOL until another update comes out to support 316l. Currently up to date on the RX200 @ 1.08 fw/1.03hw.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got my RX200 today along with 2 spools of 316l (24 & 28g), spool of Titanium, and a spool of Ni200. I am using a Triton tank with the RTA to build my own coils. Right away I had the issue with the 316l wire as described, instant Temp Protection. Tried 2 builds with both the 24 and 28g wire, always the same result. Then tried the Titanium and Ni200 wire, both work as expected. Only the SS wire is giving me problems. I guess I am SOL until another update comes out to support 316l. Currently up to date on the RX200 @ 1.08 fw/1.03hw.
Are you using contact or spaced SS coils?

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been using contact coils. I bet that is the problem. Time to go test that theory. Thank you! I will post what I find out.
I hope that works out for you. I've only had my Joyetech mods throw SS builds out of TC when I used contact coils. You definitely wouldn't be alone for having that happen. Spaced coils work 100% of the time. Can't wait to hear your results. *fingers crossed* ;)

Hey I've just started receiving this problem as well. I have been using contact Claptons with 316 ss on my crius. This set up has been working flawlessly for 1 week and around 8 tanks of juice. What I want to say is, nothing changed at all, it happened all of a sudden after refilling. And now even after updating it to 1.08, recharchging, etc, it happens as well.

Was curious as to if anyone has a final solution to this? Especially the ones with the same problem? Would be really grateful for any help.

Edit1: it's a problem with the crius. I tried two different attys, crown and subtank rba, both utilizing 316 ss. They don't have the issue with the rx200.no matter if I lock the resistance or not, no matter if I set a high temp or not. Now I need to find out if my coil and screws are all right.

Last edited:

ademel692

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I updated to 3.00 and still same issue but I do like the new scroll style and custom settings does anyone know if the tc-ss setting is the 316l optimized setting or no?

I had the same problem with my RX200 and thought that maybe it was just "going bad". I got the RX200s now and everything was going fine with 316L until the last couple days. I have tried locking the resistance and replaced the coil and this still happens. The RX200 was on Software Version 3.0 and the RX200s is on version 4.0.

I am using an Avocado 24 and I have had the same thing happen on both the Mad Hatter and Velocity RDAs. The first time I had the issue was with the Wismec Theorem tank with the SS notch coil, so I tried the two RDAs while I ordered the Avocado (I was convinced at the time that it was an atty issue and not the mod).

The only other wire that I have readily available is some 22 G Ni 80 (Wasn't sure if you can do TCR with this though) and so 30 G Ti that I really don't like (Never could find that "sweet spot" with it).

Personally I haven't minded the switch to VW the last few days, at least I can't tell the difference as far as the vape goes, but I just feel better when it is on TCR

Hey, I've never found the true cause to this issue, BUT I kind of found out how to make it stop.
1) Don't build too low, all the builds I had ranging from .1 to .25 ish had this issue.
2) When you have high temp differences, let's say in the winter, it will also stop working - don't know if its in combination with the low build only or generally.

good luck!

Hey, I've never found the true cause to this issue, BUT I kind of found out how to make it stop.
1) Don't build too low, all the builds I had ranging from .1 to .25 ish had this issue.
2) When you have high temp differences, let's say in the winter, it will also stop working - don't know if its in combination with the low build only or generally.

good luck!

Sounds good in theory, but my current build (Single coil 24 G SS 316L w/10 wraps @ 3mm) is coming in at .51. The weather here is pretty consistent, though it is warming up a bit (Orange County, CA) but not drastic enough to make a huge difference

I have had this problem from time to time. So far it has always been resolved by cleaning the 510 connector really well on both the mod and whatever atomizer you're using.
I use a q-tip and alcohol.
Hope this works for you.

Someone said there's an update on the firmware for this mod.
I just bought THERE mini plus and using SS FLAT CLAPTON WIRE and it wasn't staying in that mode either I finally gave up for awhile then I switched it back into ss mode and put it down for a minute I am at .18 ohms and it's staying now

VU Sponsors