Become a Patron!

Reuleaux RX 200.

F

fckaugust8th

Quick battery question, would vtc4 or lg hb2 batteries be better in the RX200 now that it can run 250w? I know the vtc4 are 30A continuous so for safety's sake they are better if I venture in the 200w and above strata. LG Hb2 are 25A I think?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quick battery question, would vtc4 or lg hb2 batteries be better in the RX200 now that it can run 250w? I know the vtc4 are 30A continuous so for safety's sake they are better if I venture in the 200w and above strata. LG Hb2 are 25A I think?
I've read Mooch's battery test on the VTC4. Although the continuous limit is listed as 30A, when actually pushed that high the cell sustains damage. The battery actually performs like one with a 20A limit.

All that aside, with a modern regulated mod you should be fine with 20A batteries. The chip has fail safes and will keep you from operating it outside of your batteries' limits.

F

fckaugust8th

Thank you for the quick reply, you caught me just before I clicked the buy button one 6 new batteries.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for the quick reply, you caught me just before I clicked the buy button one 6 new batteries.
Clutch! Glad to be of service! I would have provided the link if I had it. I use LG HG2's for the extended battery life and I vape around 80 watts on a .2 ohm build. My batts never even get warm and they last me a day and half!

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
"It has been dropped. Many times." From what height? I'm glad to know that it can stand up to such abuse.

F

fckaugust8th

"It has been dropped. Many times." From what height? I'm glad to know that it can stand up to such abuse.
Usually trying to put it in my back pocket or a jacket pocket. Say around 4 feet high or less.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well... I don't have a lot of love lost for Weismec. My RX200 capped out after 131 days of ownership and they didn't offer to fix it or send me the schematics so I could. All they said was "so sorry for your luck."

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Ouch! Only 131 days? They weren't willing to do anything at all for you? I'm surprised they weren't willing to fix it.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I've been using LG HG2s in my cuboid (not the RX, but same chipset) and I get easily 2 full days with .45 ohm, SS-316L, in TC mode at 32-36 watts. Not that this compares with a cloud chasing setup, but it speaks to the efficiency of the power management of the board. With the extra battery (over the cuboid) I think you should get great life as well as great performance out of them.

F

fckaugust8th

I'm vaping a Bores with 0.38 ohm coils at 76w. I've been using it all day and probably I will charge the batteries tomorrow evening to be ready for the week.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow! I find this so interesting that people love them so much. I bought two right away and I really don't like the cheap paint (especially the black one), the screen, and the silly chip. At least they were my gateway drug to the wonderful world of those DNA200 mods.

LOL Another DNA200 snob.

BTW, I'm a DNA200 owner as well, ans member of the DNA200 Early Adopters forum.

I have a Biohazard theme on my DNA200. The paint looks mint. Because I almost never use it.

My DNA200s are the last Evolve products I'll ever buy, because they have become Patent Trolls like Hanna, Hyon etc.

I don't reward companies for frivolous and vexatious litigation, and attempting to further their existance by sucking the FDA's dick to try to gain advantage over their competition.

BTW, why would you buy 2?

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL Another DNA200 snob.

Hardly. A year ago I bought a Heatvape Invader Mini. I loved it so much that I planned on getting all four colors. Well those clowns came out with 4 more colors. So I have eight of them now and they made my other older mods obsolete. I still use them a lot and I love how the 510 connection works. And the top cap doubles as an atty stand.

BTW, I'm a DNA200 owner as well, ans member of the DNA200 Early Adopters forum.

Me too.

I have a Biohazard theme on my DNA200. The paint looks mint. Because I almost never use it.

The DNA200 paint is great. So is the RX200 white/teal one. The black one, the paint sucks. It chips just by looking at it.

My DNA200s are the last Evolve products I'll ever buy, because they have become Patent Trolls like Hanna, Hyon etc.

I don't reward companies for frivolous and vexatious litigation, and attempting to further their existance by sucking the FDA's dick to try to gain advantage over their competition.

Ha... nothing happened yet. You probably also hate Apple for suing Microsoft for copying the look and feel. I will wait and see what happens. Usually how justice works here is whomever has the most money wins. So Evolv is likely going to get their head chopped off.

BTW, why would you buy 2?

Loved the first one so much, I bought another one a week later. No more taking mods apart and hooking up scope probes everywhere to see what is going on. Just plug it in the USB and fire up EScribe. Btw, I also bought another DNA200, a HCigar VT133. I am considering buying another one of those too.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ouch! Only 131 days? They weren't willing to do anything at all for you? I'm surprised they weren't willing to fix it.
Nope... nothing! Kind of soured me. Really good mod when it was working.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Nope... nothing! Kind of soured me. Really good mod when it was working.

That is a crying shame. I've been using mine since I got it when they first came out. No issues, no problems, been a rock solid performer. Its too bad they lost a customer over this, it really is a tremendous mod.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I may replace the board with a DNA200 board. Haven't decided yet.
Funny part is that at $80 for the board, it comes out to be around the same price as the DNA200 version. No real loss there if it works out... just going to have to widen the opening for the screen in the face plate.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Funny part is that at $80 for the board, it comes out to be around the same price as the DNA200 version. No real loss there if it works out... just going to have to widen the opening for the screen in the face plate.
That shouldn't be an issue (if I remember right, I think it is more of a matting and not metal). I have a line on getting the board for around 70$ but I already have a Wismec DNA200. I also just had a guy that I've done business with on here PM me and I may be able to get another RX200 via trade. If I do, there is a guy on here (George Harrier) that is collecting broken Mods to get working ones assembled to ship to US Soldiers.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ha... nothing happened yet. You probably also hate Apple for suing Microsoft for copying the look and feel.

Linux here. What is this Apple and Microsoft you speak of? lol.

Oh. This guy.

Steve Jobs, the pioneer of the computer as a jail made cool, designed to sever fools from their freedom, has died.

As Chicago Mayor Harold Washington said of the corrupt former Mayor Daley, "I'm not glad he's dead, but I'm glad he's gone." Nobody deserves to have to die - not Jobs, not Mr. Bill, not even people guilty of bigger evils than theirs. But we all deserve the end of Jobs' malign influence on people's computing.

Unfortunately, that influence continues despite his absence. We can only hope his successors, as they attempt to carry on his legacy, will be less effective.

Richard M Stallman

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well... I don't have a lot of love lost for Weismec. My RX200 capped out after 131 days of ownership and they didn't offer to fix it or send me the schematics so I could. All they said was "so sorry for your luck."

Beats Smok Customer Circus. lol. They have not even answered even one of my Emai;s from last August, but continue to send me spam, after being asked to stop.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone out there's battery door getting loose and wobbly with use?

Sorry if its been covered

gtrtech

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, mine is crapping out now after almost 4 months.
It started out when I changed tanks or coils I would have to take the tank off, press the fire button,then put the tank back on to get it to sense the new coil,if not there almost no output,now it's starting to burn coils in SS TC,I tried m1,lowering the tcr so it wouldn't try to burn the coil up,but would have to take the tank off and on every time I wanted to use it.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, mine is crapping out now after almost 4 months.
It started out when I changed tanks or coils I would have to take the tank off, press the fire button,then put the tank back on to get it to sense the new coil,if not there almost no output,now it's starting to burn coils in SS TC,I tried m1,lowering the tcr so it wouldn't try to burn the coil up,but would have to take the tank off and on every time I wanted to use it.

What kind of tank are you using?

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I apologize if this has already been asked...is it just me, or since the update is anyone having issues with the display showing near full battery life regardless of use?

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I apologize if this has already been asked...is it just me, or since the update is anyone having issues with the display showing near full battery life regardless of use?

I haven't come across that issue, and haven't heard of anyone else yet either. It seems as though your mod may have glitched. Have you tried re-flashing an older firmware, and then flashing the new one again to see if fixes your issue?

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Picked up a red and black rx200 to go with my all black rx200. I do love this mod.

The ipv3 Li has been tossed in the door pocket of my car, as a backup. It served me well, and took all the abuse I could dish out without a hiccup. Too bad they abandoned it as far as updates go. Capped at 100j, non adjustable tc memory slots, no tcr options. Can't compete with the rx.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Picked up a red and black rx200 to go with my all black rx200. I do love this mod.

The ipv3 Li has been tossed in the door pocket of my car, as a backup. It served me well, and took all the abuse I could dish out without a hiccup. Too bad they abandoned it as far as updates go. Capped at 100j, non adjustable tc memory slots, no tcr options. Can't compete with the rx.
The ipv3 Li is not supposed to compete, you are supposed to spend more money and buy into the latest and greatest mod. There is no profit in updates to something you already own, so how else would they make any profit?

gtrtech

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well it's out of warranty and VNW isn't going to do anything about it. I'm thinking about replacing the 510 connector just for the hell of it.
Now time to decide to get another rx200,maybe a pico,I already have a cuboid .

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ipv3 Li is not supposed to compete, you are supposed to spend more money and buy into the latest and greatest mod. There is no profit in updates to something you already own, so how else would they make any profit?
They succeed in making me upgrade... but they pushed me away from their brand in the process.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well it's out of warranty and VNW isn't going to do anything about it. I'm thinking about replacing the 510 connector just for the hell of it.
Now time to decide to get another rx200,maybe a pico,I already have a cuboid .
If you're going to replace the 510 Isaac at Royal Vapes does great work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Anyone out there's battery door getting loose and wobbly with use?

Sorry if its been covered
Had a little of this problem with my first RX! I found if I squeezed the case above the third batt it would tighten it up!

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
About a month ago I ordered a red battery door from Gearbest for the heck of it because it wasn't even $5. Today I got a package from them and it was larger than expected. Low and behold they obviously screwed up the order by sending me the whole mod (black and red). I double checked my Paypal account to make sure I only got charged for what I bought, and they definitely messed up the order...SCORE!!!

VU Sponsors