Become a Patron!

Reuleaux RX 200.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
About a month ago I ordered a red battery door from Gearbest for the heck of it because it wasn't even $5. Today I got a package from them and it was larger than expected. Low and behold they obviously screwed up the order by sending me the whole mod (black and red). I double checked my Paypal account to make sure I only got charged for what I bought, and they definitely messed up the order...SCORE!!!
I'm too honest, I would contact them and let them know about their mistake ... Enjoy the new mod though!

Oh yeah, I'll give you the $5 you spent for it! :)

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd still let them know. Just imagine the funny faces they'll make. Never been ripped off by GB, but Fasttech.... Just waiting for the conclusion of a 3 month nightmare with them involving counterfeit product. And then I'll be starting a thread here.

gtrtech

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well,it is behaving for right now,while I was at a local vape shop I was telling one employees about the problems,he gives me one with a broken usb connector other than that it works,guess dealing with local shops isn't all bad,I do buy their store brand juice and coils from them,they sell a pack of crown coils for $10.00.
I'll probably replace the connector,maybe the 510 and probably refinish it.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
was telling one employees about the problems,he gives me one with a broken usb connector other than that it works

Good for the vape shop. I read so many negative comments about B&Ms, and there are a lot of crappy ones out there, but The one I frequent, Vape Horizon has always helped me and gone above and beyond.

I would suggest that swapping the 510 will be an easier solder job than replacing the USB.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Well,it is behaving for right now,while I was at a local vape shop I was telling one employees about the problems,he gives me one with a broken usb connector other than that it works,guess dealing with local shops isn't all bad,I do buy their store brand juice and coils from them,they sell a pack of crown coils for $10.00.
I'll probably replace the connector,maybe the 510 and probably refinish it.

That's pretty awesome! This is the kind of thanks a local business can offer for being a customer. Online shops usually won't do anything like that. Good luck fixing the USB port!

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I'm thinking I really need to consider picking up one of these mods now ... but TBH, I haven't pulled the trigger because I have the VTC Mini, Cuboid, VF Stout, and Beyond Vape Centurion ... I'm not really sure I "need" the RX ... LOL

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm thinking I really need to consider picking up one of these mods now ... but TBH, I haven't pulled the trigger because I have the VTC Mini, Cuboid, VF Stout, and Beyond Vape Centurion ... I'm not really sure I "need" the RX ... LOL
Unless battery life is an issue?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Unless battery life is an issue?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Sadly no, I can't use that excuse. I'm actually very happy with the battery life out of all my daily mods. Really I just want it to play with ... change the fonts around, change the panels, etc. ... nothing really "necessary" :)

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've been considering one of these mods but read a few horror stories about them.

Have the bugs been worked out now or should I go for the DNA model instead?

I can't really justify the difference in price if the RX200 is working properly now...

Thanks for any input!

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I've been considering one of these mods but read a few horror stories about them.

I can't really justify the difference in price if the RX200 is working properly now...

Thanks for any input!
I think it's like any other mod, every now and again there is a bad one. I don't have any metrics on the failure rate, but I can say the chip set is used in tens (possibly hundreds) of thousands of mods, and the problem reports I've seen aren't that numerous. This chip set powers the eVic VTC Mini, RX200, Cuboid, VF Stout, VF Lite, VF Classic, Beyond Vape Centurion, etc., you get the idea. While I don't own an RX yet, I personally own 4 different mods with this chip set, and have not had any problems with any of them so far. I would not hesitate to pull the trigger on it again.

That said, if you are torn between the RX and the DNA versions, keep in mind that they are distinctly different. My DNA 200 is ever so slightly more consistent than any other mod I own, but even with all the updates to the firmware, it's still not as user friendly since you need escribe to set it up. Personally, I would not say it is worth the added expense to me. I don't use my DNA nearly as much as any of the others, because the difference is subtle enough that I barely notice it. YMMV!

HTH & GL!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think it's like any other mod, every now and again there is a bad one. I don't have any metrics on the failure rate, but I can say the chip set is used in tens (possibly hundreds) of thousands of mods, and the problem reports I've seen aren't that numerous. This chip set powers the eVic VTC Mini, RX200, Cuboid, VF Stout, VF Lite, VF Classic, Beyond Vape Centurion, etc., you get the idea. While I don't own an RX yet, I personally own 4 different mods with this chip set, and have not had any problems with any of them so far. I would not hesitate to pull the trigger on it again.

That said, if you are torn between the RX and the DNA versions, keep in mind that they are distinctly different. My DNA 200 is ever so slightly more consistent than any other mod I own, but even with all the updates to the firmware, it's still not as user friendly since you need escribe to set it up. Personally, I would not say it is worth the added expense to me. I don't use my DNA nearly as much as any of the others, because the difference is subtle enough that I barely notice it. YMMV!

HTH & GL!
I'm not knocking the RX. I happen to have to have both Reuleaux's. The DNA is a much smoother vape especially if you're doing TC. I've said this before, If you're into crazy builds, TC, and tinkering with escribe to perfect your vape then get the DNA. If you just Vape pre built coils, or kanthal, and just like to Vape and go then get the RX. They are two different types of mods for two different types of vapers.

I hit the the wrong reply. This reply was meant for Sgt. Rock not Dev.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks for any input!
I believe they're on hardware version 1.05 now. I believe most of the bugs were ironed out by 1.03. I have a 1.01 and 1.04 and have never had an issue with either of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I'm not knocking the RX. I happen to have to have both Reuleaux's. The DNA is a much smoother vape especially if you're doing TC. I've said this before, If you're into crazy builds, TC, and tinkering with escribe to perfect your vape then get the DNA. If you just Vape pre built coils, or kanthal, and just like to Vape and go then get the RX. They are two different types of mods for two different types of vapers.

I hit the the wrong reply. This reply was meant for Sgt. Rock not Dev.

LOL! I'll tag @SgtRock to help him find it. :D

Regarding TC, I don't vape pre-built coils and I do TC. With the on board TCR adjust I can fine tune my wire to the perfect settings if I need to. As it is, I'm using SS-316L in my builds, and the Wismec/Joyetech chip set is only slightly less consistent in my builds than the DNA 200. I'm happy with the TC performance out of it, but then everyone has different experiences. The real point is that TC can be done on the Wismec/Joyetech chip set with exceptional results, the DNA is (at least in my usage/testing) only slightly more consistent.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
By no means was I saying the RX does not do tc well. I just think the DNA is a much more accurate chip. Is it worth the price difference? Well, that's up to the individual since different people put different values on money.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
By no means was I saying the RX does not do tc well. I just think the DNA is a much more accurate chip. Is it worth the price difference? Well, that's up to the individual since different people put different values on money.

Ahhh ... gotcha. I misunderstood the point you were making. I get it. If I had to buy a mod tomorrow, I would probably not spend the extra for the DNA, but that would be my personal decision based on my own experiences. Your point is valid, it is definitely an individual decision to be made on what is important to them.

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thanks for all the input gang!

My faith has been restored ;)

Have a cloudy night!

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WOOHOO VERSION 3.10 FIRMWARE IS OUT!!! Mod now goes up to 250w and seems to be working better on tcr mode which it always seemed to immediately after an update then resistance issues later but FINGERS CROSSED!! Loving it so far

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahhh ... gotcha. I misunderstood the point you were making. I get it. If I had to buy a mod tomorrow, I would probably not spend the extra for the DNA, but that would be my personal decision based on my own experiences. Your point is valid, it is definitely an individual decision to be made on what is important to them.
I said the same thing, bought two RX200. Used them for a month and I hated them. Bought one DNA200 and I loved it so much, I bought three more. If I had to do it again I wouldn't ever get the RX200, just a waste of money. Heard the latest? Reuleaux RX200 firmware v3.1 are bricking some RX200. While Evolv also released another firmware upgrade too and it is only getting better.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just flashed mine to the Deadpool 2 firmware. Font's a little busy, but I think it's pretty badass. Just wishing that I'd gotten a black and red wrap now to match!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
mywEWwN.png

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I said the same thing, bought two RX200. Used them for a month and I hated them. Bought one DNA200 and I loved it so much, I bought three more. If I had to do it again I wouldn't ever get the RX200, just a waste of money. Heard the latest? Reuleaux RX200 firmware v3.1 are bricking some RX200. While Evolv also released another firmware upgrade too and it is only getting better.
@BillW50 Please provide some facts about the RX200 firmware 3.1 bricking the mods. The ONLY reference I can find in my searches are the posts that you have made in the forums. I am not saying it isn't true, what I am saying is that my google fu is failing to find any reports of this other than what you have said you heard. I would like to know more about the problem and any potential causes or solutions.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@BillW50 Can you please provide some info on the source of your photo? It appears to be a Facebook pic and comments from 22 weeks ago. the question is 22 weeks from when? I have gone back to 24 March 2015 and cannot find this photo or any references to it. Nor can I find any reference in the open internet either. I guess this is not a good day for my google skills.

Thank you!

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@BillW50 Can you please provide some info on the source of your photo? It appears to be a Facebook pic and comments from 22 weeks ago. the question is 22 weeks from when? I have gone back to 24 March 2015 and cannot find this photo or any references to it. Nor can I find any reference in the open internet either. I guess this is not a good day for my google skills.

Thank you!
Never mind ... found it ... :) Apparently Instagram, not Facebook ... my search skills are teh suck today!

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@BillW50 Please provide some facts about the RX200 firmware 3.1 bricking the mods. The ONLY reference I can find in my searches are the posts that you have made in the forums. I am not saying it isn't true, what I am saying is that my google fu is failing to find any reports of this other than what you have said you heard. I would like to know more about the problem and any potential causes or solutions.
Here is the last comment about bricking during an update I can recall. I have heard this before too, but I can't remember that far back.

Reuleaux RX200 bricked after firmware update from 1.08 to 3.10. Help needed. : electronic_cigarette
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...aux_rx200_bricked_after_firmware_update_from/

I see now they got it unbricked by performing the unbricking procedure. :confetti:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So... the new RX "S" with portrait (VTC/Presa) screen is coming. :D

An even uglier font than the Presa, but the new 3rd party VTC editor should take care of that quick. Plus the function patches available should be ported for the RX as well.

It ain't Escribe... but we'll take what we can get. :p

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So... the new RX "S" with portrait (VTC/Presa) screen is coming. :D

An even uglier font than the Presa, but the new 3rd party VTC editor should take care of that quick. Plus the function patches available should be ported for the RX as well.

It ain't Escribe... but we'll take what we can get. :p
Saw that. Looks kind of ugly.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The graphics heavy Wismec site (all the JT sites are like that) was dragging down my old lappy too much so I bailed without really looking at the dimensions or "style" and if much had changed.

I'll get a better look at it later... unless someone posts good pics. :p

Just yesterday, the editor thread showed a partial list of the VTC function patches.
It surprised the hell out of me how far they've come from just playing with the fonts.

While those won't apply to the smaller screen JT mods, it bodes well for this one.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
The graphics heavy Wismec site (all the JT sites are like that) was dragging down my old lappy too much so I bailed without really looking at the dimensions or "style" and if much had changed.

I'll get a better look at it later... unless someone posts good pics. :p

Just yesterday, the editor thread showed a partial list of the VTC function patches.
It surprised the hell out of me how far they've come from just playing with the fonts.

While those won't apply to the smaller screen JT mods, it bodes well for this one.
Just for clarity's sake, is this the editor thread you were talking about? http://vapingunderground.com/thread...vic-vtc-mini-cuboid-200x.213320/#post-1029033

If not, can you provide a reference link please?

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quite a bit more than just a font editor, eh? :p

At least for the VTC (so far).

It works for the JTech chip not a specific mod, so users are posting patches for various models and functions depending on what the mod code can handle.

Obviously the larger VTC, Presa and new RXS screens can accommodate more display options so that seems to be the current focus. Who knows what other functions or settings will be found as folks dig deeper into the code.

Keep us posted if you do play around with it.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It works for the JTech chip not a specific mod, so users are posting patches for various models and functions depending on what the mod code can handle.

Obviously the larger VTC, Presa and new RXS screens can accommodate more display options so that seems to be the current focus. Who knows what other functions or settings will be found as folks dig deeper into the code.

You have been hating on the RX from day 1 dude but yet you always talk about it
EH?
Now you hating on the rx200s EH?
it's not even out yet eh?

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media

I'll definitely keep you posted if I get some time to play with it. Won't happen before next week though, too much stuff going on right now.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I might have to review the "S" ... It looks different enough to justify it at this point.
Main point of me. Waiting for a Rx200 was the screen. Now it is a definite purchase for me !

Any news on the release date ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm liking the new RX200s for it's screen as well! Besides the 510 pin issue, that's what I disliked most about my RX200. As far as the discussion comparing Wismec DNA200 vs RX200... both Great mods. TC on DNA is a bit better, can customize with TCR curves to support additional metals more accurately... In any case, as far as TC goes... They can both be set to vape at a preferred temperature, and that temperature is maintained.... Is the displayed temperature more accurate on the DNA200, perhaps... does that make it worth 3-4 times the cost.....perhaps to some, and not to others.... my opinion, and based on my experience with SS316L on a DNA200 device versus the RX200, Cuboid, etc.....pretty similar TC performance....

The BIGGEST single advantage that the DNA200 has over non-DNA devices has that 'I' use is the pre-heat, and pre-heat punch. I'm using SS316L with either Claptons, or fused Clapton, there can be a ramp up lag. On the DNA I can pretty much eliminate it by setting pre-heat to 100watts for 2 seconds, and setting the punch to about 6.5-7.5 and I get very little ramp up lag. On the Wismec/Joyetech/eLeaf mods, I get about a 2 second lag when the coils are cold, before I can vape....

I can accomplish something similar on my SMOK xCube II, but setting the mode to max in TC and reduce the ramp up. Using the OLD SmartBEC bluetooth app in wattage mofr, I can set a custom power mode, to make the mod fire at 100watts for 2 seconds and the remaining time at 65 watts...

So, I'm SURE if Wismec/Joyetech wanted to/people suggested it, they could do it! Just call it something else so they don't get sued.....How about "Coil Compensation", or CC for short, or maybe "Coil Mass Compensation", CMC?

For the heck of it, I just sent Wismec the suggestion....I went with CMC

Last edited:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have been hating on the RX from day 1 dude but yet you always talk about it
EH?
Now you hating on the rx200s EH?
it's not even out yet eh?

How fucking drunk were you when you posted this or are you again, yes... again, confusing me with some other "Jim" who peed in your Cheerios?
I may not be "special", but I'm pretty damn distinctive.
Not to mention... where's the "hate" in the post you quoted?

I've had my RX since Nov/Dec and have been one of the biggest cheerleaders of the efficiency and "hand friendly-ness" of the Reuleaux enclosure. It rocks.
And I've got eleven JT mods, all three iStick generations too, so I've no complaints about the performance.

Or are you still figuring out emojis for denoting humor etc.?

Fix your shit ej.
:rolleyes:

And for you and others...
You all need to capitalize that "S" or it looks like a plural of "RX" or "RX200".

VU Sponsors