Become a Patron!

Review and Rant on various RTA/RTDA Tanks

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello Everyone. I have quite a few tanks in my collection and I am here to talk about what I consider a deal breaker for me. I have tanks I can refill without even getting a drop of juice on my hands or outside of the tank. These tanks wick properly with no flooding or dry hits. Then there are a couple I must rant about because they just basically suck. Just to give you some background, I am extremely experienced with rebuildable tanks and have been vaping 10 years.

Ok here we go. First the good tanks.

Aromamizer Supreme RDTA (Original with Velocity Style Deck) -
This tank never leaks, is easy to wick, has great flavor and great juice capacity (7ml)
- 5 stars all day

Billow V3 Plus RTA -
This tank rarely leaks, is pretty easy to wick, and rarely (but on occasion) will give dry hits.
- 4 stars

Ammit 22mm Single Coil RTA -
This tank never leaks, never dry hits, and has wonderful flavor and impressive clouds for a single coils tank.
Only con is wicking is tricky. You must cut the wicks short and barely bend them over past the lip of the deck. Too much wicking on this tank will result in dry hits.
- 4.5 stars

I have many more, but these are the 3 that come to mind first.

Ok now for some crappy ones.

Aromamizer Plus 30mm RDTA - (With either deck, although I prefer the Velocity)
I REALLY wanted to love this tank and I still use it often, but there is one thing that keeps pissing me off.
This tank WILL flood and leak EVERY time you refill it. I have managed to minimize this effect to where it is not real bad anymore, but it is still very annoying. I changed the o-rings 3 times, tried many different wicking methods, etc. It is a SERIOUS design flaw in my IMHO.
Steam Crave if you are reading this please go back to the juice flow control above the coils and improve your seals. This is unacceptable in this day and age. You at Steam Crave have made the perfect tank with the Original Aromamizer Supreme, please go back to that design and then move forward again.
- 2.5 stars - Edited to 4 stars on 7-3-17 - See post a few down for explanation

Boreas 25mm RDTA -
This tank wanted to be an Aromamizer Supreme but falls short miserably. The airflow is actually better than the Supreme to me, but it is inferior in every other way. And again this tank floods or leaks every time I refill it which is completely unacceptable to me.
- 2 stars

Ammit 25mm RTA -
Another leaker. WTF is with these tank makers? They have great designs on 1 tank and then completely blow it on the next one. With the JFC completely closed I can vape this tank without dry hits and without flooding. What this tells me is that their JFC on this tank is a POS. If the JFC does not completely cutoff the juice flow to the wicks then refilling from the top becomes problematic to say the least.
- 2 stars - AS of 7-3-17 I am changing this to 4 stars. Finally got this one working well without leaking so much. Now I would say this is a good single coil tank

So anyway, these are just a few of the many tanks I own, but they are the ones I have tried to use the most.

TO ALL TANK MAKERS OUT THERE. ---- I know you want to come out with new tanks to keep your sales going, but PLEASE make sure they function properly and that the seals actually do what they were intended for. Improperly sized orings or glass can cause issues.

Sincerely,
CV

Last edited:

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gotta say that this is subjective. I've never had flooding or leakin on my Aromamizer Plus, but I did have leaking on the Supreme. I find the plus to be FAR superior.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
do you have the supreme v2 I would be curious on your thoughts on it if it is leaky. I am considering this one, but I truly dislike the idea of having to remove my tank, pull the deck and then reinstall the deck on my mod or whatever to rewick I much prefer to be able to access the deck as easily as poissible

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
do you have the supreme v2 I would be curious on your thoughts on it if it is leaky. I am considering this one, but I truly dislike the idea of having to remove my tank, pull the deck and then reinstall the deck on my mod or whatever to rewick I much prefer to be able to access the deck as easily as poissible

The removable deck on the Aromamizer tanks is a HUGE PLUS IMO. It makes it much easier to rebuild and re-wick. I do not have the V2 Supreme, but the setup is supposed to be the same as the PLUS so I doubt I would like it. I love the original Supreme and would not trade it for anything. It is definitely my favorite tank. Since I have had many since I first got it, I think it really says a lot that nothing newer has been able to beat it for me.

If you are looking for something easy to build on, I would recommend the Ammit 22mm single coil. Mine works great!

Happy Vaping!
CV :)

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Gotta say that this is subjective. I've never had flooding or leakin on my Aromamizer Plus, but I did have leaking on the Supreme. I find the plus to be FAR superior.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Maybe I just got a crappy one? I mean there is a possibility that mine is defective. It happens to the best of us I guess. But yes, all reviews are going to be subjective, I just assumed everyone would know that already. I wish my PLUS did not leak, because I love the size and the airflow on it. I still use it, it is just annoying that everytime I fill it I get juice on my hands and it spits juice into my mouth for the first 8 to 10 puffs. I could almost deal with the juice on my hands, but the spitting in my mouth pisses me off majorly! - I mean the JFC obviously is not doing it's job properly, because once I get through that first 8 to 10 puffs it is great until the tank is empty again. If I shut off the JFC, there is no reason I should be having any problems when I fill it.

P.S. I am tempted to buy another one to see if I have better luck with it!

Last edited:

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ordered a Plus and new to this building of coils so I'm going to follow this thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK, Now after 10 different builds and 20 different wicking styles I finally got the Aromamizer PLUS working good with the Velocity deck. No spit back after filling it with juice and just a tiny bit of leaking when I first fill it, but just enough for 1 wipe with a paper towel and no more after that. I think I may have to change my rating on this to 4 stars. It is still difficult to get it wicked properly and I could not run the coils I wanted to on it. I am running ribbon clapton coils on it which seem to be working better than any other coil I put on it, but at the sacrifice of wattage. Can only run 70 watts at most. So basically, it vapes almost as good as my Aromamizer Supreme. Not bad though and it looks really nice on top of my SX Mini G Class mod!!

Happy Vaping Everyone!

19702079_10207554764147807_2221457521789373077_n.jpg

Last edited:

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered this in Black it is for my New SX Mini G Class Red Kevlar that is on the way. Look at this built anyone know what that built is ?
da21c1bf5253b59395a63f7c2f7115cf.jpg
b295c65bd9ae61d031ca27ec17dcf677.jpg

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, Now after 10 different builds and 20 different wicking styles I finally got the Aromamizer PLUS working good with the Velocity deck. No spit back after filling it with juice and just a tiny bit of leaking when I first fill it, but just enough for 1 wipe with a paper towel and no more after that. I think I may have to change my rating on this to 4 stars. It is still difficult to get it wicked properly and I could not run the coils I wanted to on it. I am running ribbon clapton coils on it which seem to be working better than any other coil I put on it, but at the sacrifice of wattage. Can only run 70 watts at most. So basically, it vapes almost as good as my Aromamizer Supreme. Not bad though and it looks really nice on top of my SX Mini G Class mod!!

Happy Vaping Everyone!
Wow you put in some time on this, I am happy that it is working for you now...

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow you put in some time on this, I am happy that it is working for you now...

Thank you. Yeah, I was waiting for this tank to come out, bought it as soon as it was available, then waited for the Velocity style deck (because I hated the postless deck) and then kept playing with it. I have never wanted a tank to work well for me so bad in my life! I do not know why, but I was driven to get this one working. It still upsets me that it took so much work, but for me, I guess it was worth it. When I have so many tanks that did not need a lot of work to get right, it was difficult for me to put in the time on this one, but I really like the 30mm size and the juice capacity. I have a long trip to take in a couple weeks ( 12-13 hours ) and I was really looking forward to the 20ml size for the ride.

Thanks again!
Happy Vaping!

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perfect size for traveling I most likely will never use the 10 or the 20 ml tanks..

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Perfect size for traveling I most likely will never use the 10 or the 20 ml tanks..

I will probably only use the 20ml option for my trip. Otherwise the 5ml option will probably be my go to on this tank. Long and Thin is where it's been, Short and Fat is where it's at! LOL :)

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my new Plus going today my first ever dual coil build, everything is going great until I refilled it the first time it leaked 2nd fill up I opened the air holes a bit filled closed the top and no leaking I then opened my juice flow control and still no leaks I'm happy I hate it when tanks leak at fill up time. I really like my tank.

VU Sponsors