Review: Cotton Bacon by Wick n' Vape

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I understand and I guess I'm one of those people that just wants to know for sure that it is safe, and if they've done the testing on burning it, boiling it, doing a little jig around it, and whatever else they do and slap that sticker on it and say $5.99, then I'm ok with that lol :)
How do you know they've done anything like that? Nowhere in their promo does it say they've pre-boiled it.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
57f7b7d3536a7b3ae5774b19eedd0c1b.jpg

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How do you know they've done anything like that? Nowhere in their promo does it say they've pre-boiled it.
They say "no boiling necessary" but like u said...doesn't mean they actually boil it

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They say "no boiling necessary" but like u said...doesn't mean they actually boil it
Well that would at least be something, if they boiled it. But since they claim it's hydrogen peroxide free, why would they have to boil it in the first place?

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh and u could get waaaay more than 45 builds. I take one strip, divide it into 4 the cut those in half...I bought 3 bags of this stuff...when I run out, I'm going to post how long a pack lasted

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
unbleached cotton

XpHKTMva4jkQSXbljCoN.jpg

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I figured out how to post pics lol...duh, I'm such a dummy! My phone is actually so smart I miss things from time to time

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I figured out how to post pics lol...duh, I'm such a dummy! My phone is actually so smart I miss things from time to time
Maybe it's that hair over your left eye. Lol. Forgive me, I'm such smart ass.

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well that would at least be something, if they boiled it. But since they claim it's hydrogen peroxide free, why would they have to boil it in the first place?
boiling is a sterilization process, but let's not get side tracked on that, I shouldn't even have joked about it. What I will say is that there is a difference in medical grades, just have to go down the isle in any drug store, bandaids, gauze (loose weave, tight weave), abdominal pads blah blah, the list goes on, I think what these guys have done have created a nice weave probobly. Sterile cotton and even if a box says non-sterile, I would be skeptical because that is just my nature. These guys are saying for sure there is none of that stuff.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And my mom brought me a cotton plant from NC...I love the way it feels!

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Then they must have bleached it with something chlorine based

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
boiling is a sterilization process, but let's not get side tracked on that, I shouldn't even have joked about it. What I will say is that there is a difference in medical grades, just have to go down the isle in any drug store, bandaids, gauze (loose weave, tight weave), abdominal pads blah blah, the list goes on, I think what these guys have done have created a nice weave probobly. Sterile cotton and even if a box says non-sterile, I would be skeptical because that is just my nature. These guys are saying for sure there is none of that stuff.
And my point is even the highest grade medical cotton doesn't cost seventy cents a sheet. $2.99 a pack would be a fair price for what they are offering.

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And my point is even the highest grade medical cotton doesn't cost seventy cents a sheet. $2.99 a pack would be a fair price for what they are offering.
you're probably right about what they charge, but I think what the consumer is paying for in this case is to be sure it's safe

also they aren't a US based company, maybe that is why, costs them more to ship it over here, I looked on their site, and I didn't see any u.s vendors, unless I missed something ?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you're probably right about what they charge, but I think what the consumer is paying for in this case is to be sure it's safe
Why? What makes Cotton Bacon safe? Because they SAY so? They say it's made in an FDA regulated facility, not THEIR FDA regulated facility. I'm sure ALL medical grade cotton is made in an FDA regulated facility otherwise it wouldn't be classified as medical grade.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
is the consistency the same ?
No its different. A little stiffer and the strands are long like if u unrolled a cotton ball. When I twisted it to feed it through my coil I noticed it was stronger than the JC. Def holds up better and it holds the juice so well my mind is blown!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bottom line, no matter how well it works, it's still twenty cents worth of medical cotton. I'm willing to pay more for packaging and marketing, but not that much more.

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bottom line, no matter how well it works, it's still twenty cents worth of medical cotton. I'm willing to pay more for packaging and marketing, but not that much more.
rofl vaperature, man your a cheapy! (don't get all upset now, i'm teasing) :)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
actually no, you got rid of the chemicals they treat it with to make it sterile :)

Sorry but that makes no sense at all. Surgeons must use sterile equipment to operate..... sterile is a good thing, not a bad thing!

In any event, I actually don't much care as long as the end result gives me a tasty vape :p

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why? What makes Cotton Bacon safe? Because they SAY so? They say it's made in an FDA regulated facility, not THEIR FDA regulated facility. I'm sure ALL medical grade cotton is made in an FDA regulated facility otherwise it wouldn't be classified as medical grade.
You make a fair point. You know when someone develops a product the cost can be high: processing, packaging, etc. So maybe if it takes off and does well enough, they can bring the price down. I look at this bacon and am convinced I have a lot more than I thought I was getting. If this one bag lasts 2 months, I say the price was worth it. But, if I can get the exact same stuff for half the price...well, I think I may have to go with the cheaper stuff.

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry but that makes no sense at all. Surgeons must use sterile equipment to operate..... sterile is a good thing, not a bad thing!

In any event, I actually don't much care as long as the end result gives me a tasty vape :p
sterile is a good thing if you're under the knife in an operating room, but not if your burning it and sucking the chemicals they use to sterilize it into your lungs

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sterile is a good thing if you're under the knife in an operating room, but not if your burning it and sucking the chemicals they use to sterilize it into your lungs

Out of interest, what chemicals do they use to sterilize, do you know?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Once again, my problem isn't that Cotton Bacon discovered that medical cotton absorbs more efficiently and tastes better, it's the price. And they're being kind of misleading. Yeah, sure, they say it's FDA approved, but I guarantee you the FDA did not inspect THEIR lab or whatever, they inspected whoever made the medical grade cotton that they are buying in bulk from and then repackaging it under a different name. They have a fancy package that makes it SEEM like they invented the stuff and that THEY are FDA approved when in fact they are just repackaging medical cotton, invented by someone else.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
chlorine (aka bleach), hydrogen peroxide, just to name two

I think you'll find that hydrogen peroxide breaks down to water and oxygen - nothing harmful there at all.

In any event, as I said - vape what makes you comfortable and keeps you satisfied!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think you'll find that hydrogen peroxide breaks down to water and oxygen - nothing harmful there at all.

In any event, as I said - vape what makes you comfortable and keeps you satisfied!
hydrogen peroxide tastes like shit though, that's why you have to boil the store bought cotton balls.

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Once again, my problem isn't that Cotton Bacon discovered that medical cotton absorbs more efficiently and tastes better, it's the price. And they're being kind of misleading. Yeah, sure, they say it's FDA approved, but I guarantee you the FDA did not inspect THEIR lab or whatever, they inspected whoever made the medical grade cotton that they are buying in bulk from and then repackaging it under a different name. They have a fancy package that makes it SEEM like they invented the stuff and that THEY are FDA approved when in fact they are just repackaging medical cotton, invented by someone else.
I think it's just beating a dead horse at this point, we've seen two good reviews here, one from vapequeen and one from the video I posted, two experienced vapors, i'm getting off the merry go round....for now lol have a good nite all ! :)

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Totally! And I'm just saying: I found cotton bacon, love it, and if you don't mind spending the $6, you won't be sorry cuz its the best wicking material I've ever used and I've been vaping since 2010...I've been through a lot of different everything with vaping. When I find something I love, I become very loyal to it :)

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think it's just beating a dead horse at this point, we've seen two good reviews here, one from vapequeen and one from the video I posted, two experienced vapors, i'm getting off the merry go round....for now lol have a good nite all ! :)
Lol, so two people say they like it and that's it? Once again, not knocking the product, just the price. It's twenty cents worth of cotton, any way you look at it.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
@vape.queen and @KimK

Just give it up. This thread will grow to 7 pages by the weekend if you don't just walk away now. This guy is relentless at posting his opinion and vehemently opposes anyone who says something different. He's a troll, that's just what he does. The more you respond to him, the more he's going to post.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@vape.queen and @KimK

Just give it up. This thread will grow to 7 pages by the weekend if you don't just walk away now. This guy is relentless at posting his opinion and vehemently opposes anyone who says something different. He's a troll, that's just what he does. The more you respond to him, the more he's going to post.
V4P3R why don't you go @$%& yourself? Seriously. How dare you? I'm here every day, giving people encouragement, welcoming new members, I'm a REGISTERED VENDOR here, been vaping LONG before you (In fact, I've just closed a contest here where we gave away nearly $100 in prizes), so why don't you just go crawl into a hole you self-promoting little troll.

Last edited:
You can do around 45 builds or more with one pack

45 builds a month? I do a build a week. On my Subtank and Kayfuns that will probably last me 10 months or so. I purchased some Jap organic cotton and have only gone in the bag one time in 4 months. I just got a DNA40 and am hoping the temp control will extend the life of my builds, so I am now looking for a superior cotton to increase it even more. I just purchased some Cotton Bacon and Native Wicks. Hopefully they are good. All the reviews I have seen have been positive.

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
45 builds a month? I do a build a week. On my Subtank and Kayfuns that will probably last me 10 months or so. I purchased some Jap organic cotton and have only gone in the bag one time in 4 months. I just got a DNA40 and am hoping the temp control will extend the life of my builds, so I am now looking for a superior cotton to increase it even more. I just purchased some Cotton Bacon and Native Wicks. Hopefully they are good. All the reviews I have seen have been positive.
well, i think the # of builds is subjective, too many variables, what equipment, how much one vapes, what one is vaping. I got mine put it on a plume veil/stingray, i love it.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My e-liquids are nearly 100% VG so I end up doing my builds more frequently. I haven't even put a dent in one of the packs of Cotton Bacon yet. I took the advice of @vaperature and bought a roll of medical cotton...bad idea. It wasn't at all what I wanted so I'm sending it back for a refund. I honestly don't want to keep ordering random medical cottons I see, so I'm sticking with the Cotton Bacon :)

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh, and I'm going to buy both the hemp and the drago cotton and will post reviews of both

This stuff is good? I see alot of people talk about it I may have to pick up a bag then go on a medical grade cotton buying spree to find what it really is :).

Have to say I'm with vapeature on this though. I went through the same thing with my friends with gplat months ago to find out its welding wire lol. And it is welding wire as I got some from a buddy that has a welding shop same stuff and theres people selling lower gauges now for realistic prices (still way more than kanthal little over 2x but I can live with that.)

However Vapeature you do have to look at the industry your speaking about. Yes the cotton is pricey and overpriced for what it is however theres not one thing in this industry that isnt in the same money grabbing shady overpricing mindset. That goes for makers and shops the profit margin per sale is 2-3x higher than any other business (I run a vape shop that stays comp with internet so I know). The same goes with mods attys everything nothing in this industry isn't overpriced through the roof unless its made in china. However this is will change in time as the industry matures and the thoughts of ban and taxes have been handled. I'm just saying if they like the wick let them get it that's what its all about and 99% of people that vape are overpaying for most of there stuff currently so why should the cotton be any different.

But I am on your side I buy mostly clones or reasonably priced auths, I make my own juice ECT. And in doing that and owning a shop I know just how ridiculous the entire industry is and believe me this cotton is far from as bad as you think compared to alot of stuff (ie juice that cost 50 cents to make and sells for 30+ dollars)

//Rant Over.

kevmalone

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I very much appreciate vape.queen's reviews and hope she posts an update after using it a while. It would also be interesting to read comparisons of this with the other materials purchased.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I didn't like this stuff one bit. For me it didn't have a bad after taste-it had a bad taste the whole time. I liked the way it felt, it was easy to work with but i couldn't handle the taste. I buy little square pads of organic japanese cotton and they work wonderfully. I do know people that swear by the stuff, but i couldn't get over the strange flavor it imparts

VU Sponsors