Become a Patron!

Review: Infinite CLT RDA

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There is quite a bit of buzz lately about this RDA. So I figured I would pick one up and give it a shot. I bought this one off of ebay for $32 shipped. Prices vary from $30 - $50.

This is the CLT RDA by Infinite. Also affectionately labeled the CLiT by Twisted420. Infinite is knows as a clone manufacturer. But this is not a clone of an existing RDA. This is an original designed and manufactured by Infinite. Well it isn't a 100% original design. It works off the strong points of three current RDA's. The heat sink, rounded inside cap and removable inner cap of the TOBH, the four posts of the Helios and the cyclops air holes of the Stillare and mixes them into one nice RDA.

And now for some eye candy.

Nice presentation box

20140810_094609~01.jpg

Comes with the usual mini screwdriver as well as extra o-rings and two pre-wicked coils.

20140810_094706~01.jpg

All of the parts disassembled
20140810_095031~01.jpg

Four post design with nice size holes
20140810_095223~01.jpg

Nice deep juice well
20140810_095311~01.jpg

Cyclops air holes on outer sleeve
20140810_095717~01.jpg

Rounded inner cap
20140810_095813~01.jpg

Adjustable 510 pin
20140810_095411~01.jpg

Thoughts:
This is really a nice RDA. It is very well built. Machining is nice. Posts are straight. Caps fit together snug enough to not move around. Airflow is incredible. Fully open this thing blows clouds. It does get a little hot with extended use but no more than any other RDA. The only issue I have is the logo appears to be silk-screened and not engraved. I can see it wearing off eventually.

Conclusion:

Let me start by saying I don't have extensive experience with RDA's and I am not a regular dripper. I use an RDA for testing new flavors and for vaping juices that I do not want to waste a full tank on. I have used a Magma, Patriot, Helios, and Omega. This is by far my favorite. It is easy to build on. Juice well is substantial. It air flow is amazing. And it fits together nicely so no issues with the afc moving around or it coming apart if you pick your mod up by the RDA. It is a little more expensive than I am used to paying for an RDA. But it has everything I want in an RDA. And it is an original. So the extra money was worth it to me.

If you are looking for a nice RDA I highly recommend checking out the Infinite CLT. Even if you are new to RDA's this one will do fine since it is very easy to build on. And when you are ready this one will work for quad coils if that is what you fancy.

Freeloader

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great pics and review! I like the CLT so much I bought a second one. I wonder what the design/pattern/whateveritis on the floor of the juice well is. I own a Stillare but not the Helios nor TOBH ... maybe that 'design' is on the well floor of one of them? Your pic shows it very well. Also, it is nice to get a mini screwdriver with the CLT.

I second the recommendation.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3rded. I also like the little bit of knurling on the top cap. Makes gripping to pull the cap easy. Running 22ga at .2 (ish) with no drip tip and the airflow is amazing. Even chain vaping the heat is pretty low at the top cap.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I ordered one and it should arrive today. Yahoo.
I am going to build a quad coil with twisted 28 kathal and throw it on my iPV2 and see what happens. Have some castle long reserve waiting patiently.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Additional note: still my favorite rda. Loosening The adjustable pin(kinda not) will make the center post turn.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I got my CLT a month ago (after watching some online reviews). I have to say it is the best RDA dollar for dollar that i have used so far. Love the combination of three great RDA design ideas in the R&D. Not sure if this is technically considered a clone or an original but bottom line, it works like a champ.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
has anyone tried the mutation X and compared them? ? I'm torn between these two items

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the V2 and love it.
What the heck are the two holes on the sides that let air flow through the negative posts for????

Slightly more air flow is happening... but that's passing up through the center and not past the coils :confused:
There has to be some good reason but I just cant think of what that would be... maybe a max fill level relief like a manual transmission that will let any fluid out past a certain fill level height? Anyone have any thoughts? o_O

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got the V2 and love it.
What the heck are the two holes on the sides that let air flow through the negative posts for????

Slightly more air flow is happening... but that's passing up through the center and not past the coils :confused:
There has to be some good reason but I just cant think of what that would be... maybe a max fill level relief like a manual transmission that will let any fluid out past a certain fill level height? Anyone have any thoughts? o_O

Those are additional air flow holes. That is the piece of the V2 that is taken from the Plume Veil. From what I hear they are a PITA because they can leak liquid.

Tap'd from my LG G2

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They will if you are pushing the fill limits of the well and say tip it to the side taking a drag. Not a bad leak... like less than a drop... hole just kind of gets wet. If you are just keeping the wicks wet and not trying to fill for the next 30 minutes, no leak.

But still... what the hell is the point? The air flow is not passing the coils. If anything it is diluting the vape kind of like those adjustable air flow DT's that let air in from the side (don't get that either).

Granted the holes are so small compared to the cyclops holes it probably isn't making much difference for better or worse.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe with the t-post (somewhat) blocking the center the air flows past the inside of the coil... at least some of the air.

VU Sponsors