Review of Augvape Merlin RDTA

Cacuqecig

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

New Augvape Merlin RDTA Tank is coming out, it combined RTA and RDA, featuring with 3.5ml E-juice capacity, it is easy to use and enjoy a good flavor taste. Augvape Merlin RDTA will give you different vape feeling. The Merlin RDTA is a 24mm genesis-style atomizer with a 3.5ml capacity. It was clearly designed with builders in mind, because the post holes are absolutely gigantic and it also has huge under-coil airflow slots. It uses a unique top filling system that uses a port directly in the center of the build deck, which is plugged while the topcap is on. Some fans have tried quite a few builds in it, and after putting it through its paces they feel that the deck is just excessively large. The post holes are seriously massive, and don't trap wire efficiently unless they are trapping big fused claptons or something similar.

Not only are the holes gigantic, but the screws do not completely fill the bottom, so there's room at the edges where wires can slip into. I don't think wires this large should be too small to install in any atomizer, and this is a design choice that I think is pretty questionable. The Merlin RDTA is a 24mm genesis-style atomizer with a 3.5ml capacity. It was clearly designed with builders in mind, because the post holes are absolutely gigantic and it also has huge under-coil airflow slots. It uses a unique top filling system that uses a port directly in the center of the build deck, which is plugged while the topcap is on. Once you get past the headache of building, wicking is a breeze and so is top-filling method. This RDTA vapes amazingly at high wattages, keeps up with wicking, and gives great flavor compared to other 24mm RDTAs that ever made.

Wicking is really easy due to the large cutouts on each side. There are no holes to thread the cotton through, so tucking the tails down into the reservoir quick and simple. Wicks like a champ, even at high wattages. What’ s also cool about the wicking is that some liquid clings to Augvape logo cutouts within the reservoir, and passes the liquid up to your wicks. Style and function. In my opinion the top filling is the Merlin RDTA's greatest feature and selling point. It's a really smart design, and works perfectly with droppers and unicorn bottles. All you have to do is take the cap off and squeeze liquid into the hole. No leaks, no juice on the hands. Also if you are little inaccurate it's fine because the missed juice will just seep out into the coils and cotton.

I've never seen an RDTA with center filling before, and I really like it. Once you get past the headache of building, wicking is a breeze and so is top-filling filling. This RDTA vapes amazingly at high wattages, keeps up with wicking, and gives great flavor compared to other 24mm RDTAs that I've tried. This RDTA has some interesting design choices. The posts holes are needlessly large and not very user friendly. If you are someone who exclusively vapes triple-fused 24g staggered staged-heating alien claptons, this may be right up your alley, but some fans vape fancy builds around 50% of the time and this does not suit my building style. Once it's ready to go however, the vape is fantastic. Flavor is top notch, and the filling system they designed is genius. I actually look forward to filling it because of how nicely it was designed. I enjoy using this device, but it has its quirks.

VU Sponsors