review spamming

Discussion in 'Forum Topic/section requests' started by Mattp169, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Mattp169

Mattp169 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    well i see what you are saying. if you post your youtube link of the review the system automatically embeds teh video
    BUT
    if instead you post the link to your review in the review section then it just posts a link

gakudzu and KingPin! like this.
  2. SirRichardRear

SirRichardRear AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    that's a good idea as well. I think i'll do that from now on

3. Mattp169

Blog Posts:
    the added advantage to that is some of your review posts in the review section also have some convo with people asking you questions and you answering, which will provide additional info

gakudzu, KingPin! and SirRichardRear like this.
  4. SirRichardRear

SirRichardRear AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    very true

5. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I agree 5000% about this place not turning into ECF -- GOD FORBID!!!!!!!!!!! -- however, the example given above, someone (who's a moderator, and thus can't be /ignored!) posting his review link RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HANDCHECK THREAD, with no conversation at all, just spamming that link -- that is CLEARLY a slap in the face at civility and good manners, even if there's no rule against it!

ECF goes so far in pursuit of civility and good manners, that the moderators tromp ALL OVER civility and good manners! And obviously that is not the case here. None of us, I don't believe, have said that we hate all reviewers and want them tarred and feathered -- we just want them to stop spamming threads! To keep those things either a) where they belong, or b) RELEVANT TO THE CONVERSATION! Plopping them right in the middle of threads that have NOTHING to do with reviews, when there's been ZERO conversation about the reviewed item -- that's just plain RUDE!!!!!!!!!! And if someone asks a question, how does this feature work, how that that gizmo operate -- an ANSWER would be appropriate, not "here's my review, go fuck off over there and look at it and give me a pageview." If it's truly a case of needing to SEE IN OPERATION this feature or that gizmo, then sure, post a link to a video that shows it being operated -- but many times, a simple, one or two sentence, ENGLISH answer will suffice.

When I first started vaping, the computer I had then was very old, very limited in RAM, and quite slow, compared to more modern devices like the PC and phone I have now -- I literally COULD NOT view videos in any useful way -- 2 seconds of video and then 5 seconds of buffering, all the way thru the video, is not a useful way to view ANYTHING! That's why I posted above about reviewers or explainers maybe exercising their literacy and WRITING their review or explanation. Someone in one of the threads I frequented at ECF was kind and generous enough to take pics of coil building and mounting, and posting those, along with a written explanation, or I might never have learned how to do it, because I damn sure couldn't learn it from the disjointed buffered videos that were all I was capable of seeing.

Andria

Khassy likes this.
  6. Khassy

Khassy Diamond Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Well said!

[​IMG]

7. Whiskey

Whiskey Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
  8. Lotus Insane

Lotus Insane Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Well it looks like my idea might work out. See post #13. This is what I was trying to say at the beginning. I think it would help out greatly.

gakudzu, KingPin! and SirRichardRear like this.
  9. raymo2u

raymo2u VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    If you type "This is my video on this" and then copy the link and then click on the paper clip symbol then you can make the words a link for the video
    Not to force anyone to go here, just as an example...you can check out my instagram HERE

10. SirRichardRear

Blog Posts:
    appreciate the info

raymo2u and gakudzu like this.
  11. Mattp169

Blog Posts:
    this is such an informative little thread

12. KingPin!

KingPin! Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Nice Raymo never knew how people did that

Test

Ahh you mean

highlight the word > then click the paper clip > type in URL

raymo2u and SirRichardRear like this.
  13. skt239

skt239 VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    My opinion is, I don't mind the reviews and appreciate the time it takes to put one together, especially a video. For anyone who doesn't know, it takes a lot of work to script out, shoot and edit a video. Not to mention the work that goes into testing, like what @SirRichardRear does.

But the truth be told, I don't watch or read many of the reviews because I don't have very much interest in a majority of the new stuff coming out.

I can see how the reviews can be irritating, especially if they come off as a sales pitch rather than an honest review or when they are out of context. Despite that, I would wager that a majority of people trying to learn will appreciate those reviews, I know I did when I first started. As a lib-tarded, commie, snowflakecuck, I can't help but have a soft spot for the unwashed and unlearned masses.

mjag, JuicyLucy, Deucesjack and 4 others like this.
  14. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Most of us are not ranting against reviews or reviewers

We are ranting against reviewers constantly posting their reviews instead of answering questions people post or rudest of all, just popping into threads and posting reviews without adding to the conversation per se

15. BaronVonEyePoke

BaronVonEyePoke Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Thus in the year of our lord 2017 the the Great War ended, future generations would refer to this dark and trying time as the war of the reviews, but for us that lives through it , we would simply refer to it as.....hell....so as the clouds cleared and the sun's rays cut through the darkness it was the dawning of a new day, NAY it was the dawning of a new era. A era where reviewers and non-reviewers would live hand in hand ushering in a era of peace.....an era of understanding.....and most importantly a era where ALL VAPERS lived in peace and harmony with a spirit of compassion, brotherhood, and understanding. Let us never revisit these dark days, and let us pass on to future generations of vapers what we learned during these dark, dark times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjag, skt239, Deucesjack and 4 others like this.
  16. BaronVonEyePoke

Blog Posts:
    I tip my hat to to you sir! Anybody that uses the term "unwashed and unlearned masses" I feel I can see eye to eye with.

mjag, JuicyLucy, KingPin! and 2 others like this.
  17. skt239

skt239 VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I hear you and agree, when out of context or unsolicited, it's a nusance.

KingPin! and f1r3b1rd like this.
  18. Johnnytraveler

Johnnytraveler Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    You had me at libtard

JuicyLucy and skt239 like this.
  19. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Phantom Pilot Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Snowflakecuck? I must have missed that one.

But I likes it :)

BAM crew

snake94115 and skt239 like this.
  20. lordmage

lordmage Joined The Crusade - it's PG/VG, not VG/PG!!! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    now here is my personal take on reviews and postings from a hobbyist reviewer... https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLordmage
    now yes i did link to it but just so people can confirm how few i have done.

Most reviewers who post are doing to to drive traffic to their video and to get it more points in the SEO. they think the more times it is linked or embedded on a single sight makes the points higher which i have tested once before and it does not help all that much.

@TygerTyger can correct me if i am wrong but if memory serves the reason why videos links embedded is that is a requirement of videos posted on VU.

21. SirRichardRear

Blog Posts:
    Man u just keep on delivering the goods :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BaronVonEyePoke likes this.
  22. raymo2u

raymo2u VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Well, the thing about the gear wars, is that it was never actually about the gears at all.

snake94115, Carambrda and JuicyLucy like this.
  23. BaronVonEyePoke

Blog Posts:
    You good sir speak truth to power. Keep it up.

24. Puff

Puff Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Very Interesting thread...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

snake94115 and Whiskey like this.
  25. snake94115

snake94115 Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Don't you love it when a thread gets to 2 pages and the only flaming going on was self depreciating flaming?

And here's an irreverent look at how most of the big vape reviewers see if you can spot your fave.

nlt2836, Lotus Insane and David Wolf like this.
  26. SteveS45

SteveS45 Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    My biggest gripe about reviews is the time spent opening the box. Was watching some reviews before and 10 minutes to open the box and read what is printed in it? Reading what is not even contained in the box in that particular reviewers hand is kind of WTF? Really? So not relevant when that is half the video posted in a thread no less.

David Wolf and SirRichardRear like this.
  27. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    :giggle::giggle::giggle:Big Dick Vapes does rip the tits and balls :giggle::giggle::giggle:

snake94115 likes this.
  28. snake94115

Blog Posts:
    You got mail

29. David Wolf

David Wolf Bronze Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Those are only a handful like you say, easy enough to ignore if we want. What's more frustrating are the bazillion "new member" spammers that take up the majority of the New Posts some mornings. Why fix a pin prick with forum members when you're bleeding to death from real fake member spammers? With all due respect. :)

Whiskey likes this.
  30. snake94115

Blog Posts:
    All true.
    Sometimes if I'm having problems giving precise written instructions on a particular device or tank.I'll drop in a YouTube video and make a note of the time-stamp relevant to the issue.
    It is a big time saver.Also writing down step by step instructions can take up a fuck ton of space in a thread.

David Wolf likes this.
  31. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Giving the exact time of the relevant details is the only way that videos make sense -- I prefer written stuff because it's random-access; videos are sequential-access, and so annoying as hell -- unless there's a time-stamp given. I still hate to hear the amateur "uhh" every other word, but in some cases, I'll tolerate it.

All you videographers... LEARN HOW TO SPEAK WITHOUT SAYING UHH! Or "umm"...Or "y'know"... And for the brits... that very annoying "innit" thing you guys all say. ;)

Andria

32. snake94115

Blog Posts:
    I'm starting to get into doing video stuff.Mostly as for my own amusement.I doubt I'd ever put a video of me here.As it might frighten people.

33. nlt2836

nlt2836 Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    LMFAO. Loved the video, thanks for sharing.

snake94115 likes this.
  34. snake94115

Blog Posts:
    YQW

35. Puff

Puff Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    This is EPIC LMAO

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

36. snake94115