Become a Patron!

Review- Wismec RX 2/3.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today I will be reviewing a product from Wismec, the follow up to the RX200 and RX200S, the RX 2/3.

This is my first review, so if you feel I have missed anything, let me know and I will answer any questions. This device was sent to me by Gearbest for review purposes.

First off, this can be used in either dual 18650 mode with a 150W limit, or triple 18650 mode, a 200W limit and with two different back covers included, as a dual 18650 device it is a nice size, smaller than most mods and very comfortable to hold too. There is a firmware update that takes the device to 250W with 3 18650’s, so if you want high power it can also do this.
This is ideal for people who are unsure if they want a dual or triple 18650 device as it works both ways.

The Finish of the mod is nice, it feels lovely in the hand, but I must mention with the dual 18650 back cover there is a slight gap between the top of the device and the top of the back cover, which may annoy some people who like things to be completely flush. It is not a huge gap, but it is worth mentioning.

Mine is grey and cyan, and I must say I really like the colour, although it is available in Black, Gold, Red and Black, Grey and Silver, and Matte white as well.

The device works great in temperature control mode for users who like TC, and is the way I have mainly been using the device. It works with NI200, TI and SS, plus has options for 3 custom TCR’s for different wire types.
It also works great as a VW device for users who prefer to not use temperature control.

I have tested the device with NI200, TI and SS316L. I found all wire types to work acceptably, I did not notice vapour getting hot then cold as the temp limit was reached, it seemed to offer a stable, smooth vape and for the price I would say it will be hard to beat.
It is worth mentioning that SS316L didn’t work for me until I updated the firmware on the mod, as soon as I had done this it worked fine.

It has the standard Joyetech/Wismec 510 pin, so I would be gentle when tightening tanks and RDA’s onto the mod, and would advise a washer be used with longer male 510’s to prevent over tightening and also stop any potential wobble of tanks and RDA’s.

It’s resistance range is 0.05-1.5 Ohms for TC mode, and 0.1-3.5 Ohms for VW mode. You will not have to worry about this device not being able to fire a certain tank or TC build with these ranges, and with up to 250W of power I don’t think there is anything this will not work with.

With 2 cells, the voltage limit is 6V, while with 3 it is 9V.
Battery life I find to be good, with the device lasting me around a day and half with 2 Samsung 25R’s or LG HE4’s. This is in TC mode, with my temperature around 240C and my watts set at 34W-I use RTA’s and simple micro coils so do not require much power myself, but it is nice to know it is there if you do need it.

Battery life will vary depending on the way you vape, such as watts used, how often you vape and if you use coils that take longer to heat than others-a 22G build is going to need a bit more power and also take longer to ramp up than say a 28G build.
With 3 batteries, I find battery life to be on par with the RX200, so if you are going on a trip and need your batteries to last, this is a good option.

The screen is large and very easy to read, even outdoors I found I could still see what was on screen easily.
If you find most screens hard to read, this device would definitely be ideal for you due to the size of the screen and the writing on it. The main information is in a font over 1CM tall!

The device is easy to use, with the standard 5 clicks on/off of most devices, and when the device is switched on press the fire button 3 times and the screen will begin to flash. You then press the left button to change the area of the screen which is flashing, and when on the area you wish to adjust or change press the right button.

For example, to lock resistance of a TC coil, put on the atomiser at room temperature, then press fire 3 times quickly. Press the left button until the resistance icon is flashing, then press the right button to lock the resistance.
After this is done, press fire to exit the menu. Then you can adjust your temperature to your desired setting between 100-315C, or 200-600F, and enjoy the device.
To adjust the watts, do the same until the watt display is flashing, then press the right button to adjust.

The device is 88.7MM tall, 40.2MM wide and in dual 18650 mode 34.5MM from front to back, while in triple 18650 mode it is 50.1MM front to back.

There is a USB port for firmware updates, and also charging but it is recommended to use an external charger. It is handy for emergencies though, if your only set of batteries are dead and you are somewhere with no charger, a standard Micro USB cable can be used to charge the device.

It is a nice alternative to the Cuboid in dual 18650 mode, slightly shorter, and although it is a little bit deeper from front to rear if actually feels smaller due to the shape and its lighter weight in comparison to the cuboid.

Overall I think this is a very nice device, and I would recommend it to both vapers who are moving from a single 18650 device and are not sure if they want a dual or triple 18650 configuration, as this offers both and you can decide what you like that way, and also people who have been vaping for longer as it is a great performer, as we have seen with past Joyetech/Wismec devices.

Here are some images of the mod:

The screen of the RX 2/3, showing its easy to read font and size:
vypcnsSl.jpg

The device from the side in dual 18650 mode:
aml0115l.jpg

The device from the side in triple 18650 mode:
0gH1sZel.jpg

I hope this helps anyone deciding on an RX 2/3, a good device at a good price point that I am sure you will love.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A buddy picked one up a couple weeks ago. Best thing about this mod is the flexibility of having something you can actually pocket or if you're out for the day with no access to charging, run it with 3 cells. They did a great job with this and hit a very low price point again.

I have the original rx200, about a year old. Zero issues with the 510, just don't cross thread your atty and it will be fine ;) Also I guess I don't have attys with a long connection like the smok so no issues there either.

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A buddy picked one up a couple weeks ago. Best thing about this mod is the flexibility of having something you can actually pocket or if you're out for the day with no access to charging, run it with 3 cells. They did a great job with this and hit a very low price point again.

I have the original rx200, about a year old. Zero issues with the 510, just don't cross thread your atty and it will be fine ;) Also I guess I don't have attys with a long connection like the smok so no issues there either.
I do think that is a big thing about this mod, the option of 2 or 3 18650's depending on what you want. The price point is fantastic I agree.

I do have the original RX200 as well as the DNA200 version, and also have no issue with the 510, I do use washers now though for my tanks with longer 510's as there is a gap with the shallow 510 unfortunately. As long as you don't go cranking down though and are gentle I think problems can be avoided.

Stedke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One thing I also love about this mod is the option to show your battery level in a % rather than the bars. Very good review by the wayAnother cool thing if you like the idea is the option for a custom logo.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thing I also love about this mod is the option to show your battery level in a % rather than the bars. Very good review by the wayAnother cool thing if you like the idea is the option for a custom logo.
That is a nice option there the percentage, also there is not as many as there was for the original RX200 but you can install custom screens.

Also, thank you for thinking my review is good, it is my first mod review so was a bit worried when doing it, if you have any ideas how I could improve them for the future or things you would like to know, please do let me know :).

Stedke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To be honest that is probably one of the best and most detailed review I've seen to date.

VU Sponsors