Become a Patron!

Rick Astley [delete me]

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unless you have been in meetings with the FDA, SFATA, CASAA, AVA or any other reputable organization, please refrain from posting/reposting information about the regulations. This is doing us more harm than good.
What can you do while legal teams everywhere are dissecting these 499 pages?

Exercise my freedom of speech for one thing. Would you have everyone write and pass the bar before reading the regulations?

You are coming across as rather eliteist. If you are some mucky mucky-muck in CASAA, even more so. So far, it looks like CASAA et all have shit the bed. Time to consider something that will be effective.

tr1age

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Will no longer be participating in this thread. Hope the video helps those who need it.

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You presume we are unaware and uneducated.

No what that means is educate yourself before you spread misinformation.

I'm supposed to take you seriously when you advocate the spreading of misinformation? Educate yourself about sentence structure.

What "misinformation" are you refering to? What "uneducated decisions"?

CASAA should be considering some other course of action besides lecturing members, and assuming they will be spreading misinformation, and are incapable of understanding the FDA regulation.

Perhaps, you could direct your finger waggeling toward the FDA. Don't you dare blame those who have supported you by contributing their time, effort and dollars into your failed strategy.

The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association. This membership is free and it's benefits are exactly what you need. If you want to really help, when CASAA sends out a Call To Action, you will do what is asked. This usually doesn't take more than a few minutes and is much more effective than any online Petition to overturn regulations.

Effective? If these regulations are any indication of the stellar quality of work CASAA has done so far, we are fucked. What didn't Big Tobacco and Pharma get from the FDA? What positive outcome do you percieve in these regulations?

If CASAA believes the appropiate response, at this time, is to lecture its members, like little kids, instead of admitting failure, and outlining a new strategy, then they deserve no more support.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...obacco-and-could-actually-harm-public-health/

Articles like the one above have more impact than trying to reason with the FDA. The FDA is not impartial, and not looking out for society's best interests, You will not appeal to them with reason.

Since we can't raise enough dollars to bribe them like our opponents do, another course of action is required. We need to embarrass them. No bureaucreature can endure being made to look ridiculous. For any amount of money. It stops promotions, prevents re-appointments, and causes the government to distance themselves from their own policys.

The FDA relys on voluntary compliance. They need to understand that. The FDA needs to understand that they are irrelevant. They need to be reminded what happened in Boston, over some overtaxed tea.

tr1age

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Will no longer be participating in this thread. Hope the video helps those who need it.

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Also remember while you rip on Casaa for not being effective, please do tell us what you have done in the 3 years we KNEW THIS WAS COMING, to make a difference.

First of all, I'm not American. I still contributed to CASAA. Where I live, outside of our advocacy groups, I contacted media. I collected quality dirt on our city Aldercreatures, which might in some small way have contributed to a bylaw being passed which allows vape stores to allow customers to sample eliquids, and try out different devices.

I have researched who the individual tax tics are in the relevent government agencys here who will likely be involved in any future legislation, and collected quite an amount of usefull information. I have even had a very informative dinner with the ex-wife of one.

In addition, I have done more than a few other things that it would not be appropiate to mention on a public forum.

As a former 30 year smoker, I have made it clear that this is a life or death matter for me. I have asked regulators if it represents the same for them. Usually, it doesn't.

Now. I repeat my question. What didn't Big Tobacco/Pharma get in these regulations? What will CASAA do differently now?

Last edited:

tr1age

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer

Last edited:

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The first sentence of your first post makes you sound like an idiot. Yeah, I feel real confident sitting here with my mouth shut and having you and CASAA take care of it for me. :rolleyes: OneBadWolf was correct on every point he made. And that " please do tell us what you have done " snarky comment deserves a swift kick in the nuts.

tr1age

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer

Last edited:

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
OK, I'll make you a deal. I will stop being so goddam negative if you will refrain from being a pompous, self righteous asswipe who somehow feels qualified to tell me what to say and do. I was going to watch the video but unfortunately I read your comments first.

tr1age

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer

Last edited:

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
If it honks like a goose, and shits like a goose....

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Going to need to ask them and follow their website. It is a great place for those without info to get info and educate themselves as well as point them in the direction to take action for themselves. Not to make them do all the work.

Hold on.....

If YOU don't know what the fuck CASAA has been doing, why in the WORLD are you telling people to join and support them?! You come here supporting them and telling others to do the same.

Here is my little two cents... There is NO organization that is fighting on the national level. NONE, for vapers/vaping. Not even the manufactures are putting money in the legal fight.

The whole fucking industry is just out to grab any money they can, before tobacco/pharma take it over.

Do I want an organization that will actually put up a fucking fight? Damn right I do. But I am not a blind follower/supporter.

It takes PILES of money to fight shit like this, and the only money anyone seems to give a shit about, is what they can put in their own bank accounts. Vapers are truly left to hang. They just want to milk us, and fuck off to some island.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It's a duck

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Naw, I saw a duck before. These are like 10 times bigger, supposedly come over from canada, and blow shit all over the place that would put a duck to shame.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
tr1age wrote:
Me and the owner of the vapor force made a video. Now is the time to stick together!

"It's clear that the FDA Regs have sent shockwaves through the Vape industry. So many mixed emotions, paired with misinformation, has caused many to post up wrong information on their social media outlets. Others then share these posts and it's all downhill from there.

Unless you have been in meetings with the FDA, SFATA, CASAA, AVA or any other reputable organization, please refrain from posting/reposting information about the regulations. This is doing us more harm than good.

What can you do while legal teams everywhere are dissecting these 499 pages?

Become a member of CASAA. CASAA.ORG.

The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association. This membership is free and it's benefits are exactly what you need. If you want to really help, when CASAA sends out a Call To Action, you will do what is asked. This usually doesn't take more than a few minutes and is much more effective than any online Petition to overturn regulations.

Get to know your state representatives. Call/Email your Senator and Congressmen. Tell them your story about what switching to E-cigarettes has done for you and what it would mean if 99% of the products currently on the market disappeared.

We urge everyone to click the link in our bio. This will bring you to CASAA.Org where you can Petition Your Legislator to Support the Cole Bill, HR 2058. HR 2058 would effectively move the E-Cigarette Grandfather date from February 2007, to possibly August 2016. All that matters is that it is moved to a more reasonable date.

Until everyone completely understands these regulations, contacting you state Legislator and Supporting HR 2058 is all that you should be doing."
Brian Vaporforce

Please repost this as much as possible!!! Thank you

I despise redaction.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://blog.casaa.org/2016/05/casaa-has-joined-coalition-to-pursue.html

Big News.jpg

Today, CASAA, SFATA, AEMSA, AVA and NBS have formally announced their coalition to pursue legal and legislative strategies now that the FDA’s final deeming regulations have been released.

The coalition will continue working to determine the correct litigation strategy and legislative actions. We will be informing the vapor industry and community of next steps, deadlines, PR objectives, and grassroots efforts. Organizations interested in participating should contact coalition partners.

Please feel free to contact any of the organizations listed above for more details in the coming days.

I don't know but this looks pretty fucking big to me.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't know who those last 3 are, but yeah that sounds very good. :)

Researched;

AEMSA - self regulatory organization for eliquid manufacturers. $500 app fee, $635 per month, $1,500 inspection fee.

AVA - non profit small to medium sized vaping business advocates.

NBS - donation funded vaping advocacy group.

Now I, and you, know....

Last edited:

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
At least model our advocacy groups after how they do it. John Moses probably would have been a vaper if he was still around...

VU Sponsors