Become a Patron!

Rincoe Ceto SE Pod System

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Ceto SE Pod System from Rincoe. The Ceto SE Pod System was supplied for the purpose of this review by Nicole from Rincoe.

https://rincoe.com/

Introduction

Rincoe are a relatively new vaping manufacturer releasing their debut device last year which surprised many just how good a first device from a manufacturer could be as it out performed much of it's price range competition released by more established manufacturers. Since then they have continued to impress and are in the process of releasing a new high powered device and 2 new pod kits. I have already reviewed the Neso X and here we have the other of those new pod systems the Ceto SE. Unlike the Neso X which is draw activated the Ceto SE has a physical fire button which also allows you to turn the device off. The Ceto SE gives 3.4V constant output and accommodates 2ml capacity refillable (but disposable) pods which house a 1.3ohm coil (material unknown). Having a 650mAh in-built battery in conjunction with a constant 3.4V output and 1.3ohm coil the Ceto SE promises much better battery life than the majority of pod systems, so let's give it a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1x Ceto SE Device
1x Pod (1.3ohm)
1x Micro USB Cable
1x User Manual
1x Certificate Card
1x Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Ceto SE came in flat cardboard packaging with inner tray housing all the various parts. I received the Black version which is all Black and has a very glossy paint finish. Going by a picture in the supplied manual their appears to be 3 colour options which are Black, Yellow and Grey and all seem to have the same gloss with clear coating finish that the one i received has. The overall shape of the device is a cross between the Joyetech Exceed Edge and a smaller Runabout also by Joyetech. The pod sits in the device with only the sides of the device to give it support with both front and back open to fully see the juice level (if it wasn't so darkly tinted), the top section of the pod is a recorder shape mouthpiece. The front of the device (or is it the back) has a shield shaped fire button towards the top and a translucent symbol (looks like a famous car badge) at the bottom, the reverse is plain apart from some very small printed branding at the bottom and a hole to allow air to the pod towards the top. The reason why i said is it the front or back is because the way the pod is fitted to get the full benefit of the recorder shaped mouthpiece you actually need to vape with the device upside down so can't see the indicator light. The sides of the device have textured areas which give the device grip in the hand which is well thought out as without these the device is very slippery, finally on the base is the micro USB port. The device is solid and the metal shell thick making it very heavy for a pod device, the paint finish looks to be very durable.

Ceto SE Specs and Features:

Dimensions: 24mm x 22mm x 108.5mm
Material: Metal (Zinc Alloy?)
Capacity: 2ml
Coil resistance: 1.3ohm
Battery: Built-in 650mAh
Output Voltage: Constant 3.4V
Charging: 5V/0.5A
Multiple Protections
Colours: Black, Yellow, Grey

The Pod

The pod has a really comfortable mouthpiece which is the same shape as a mouthpiece on a recorder. The whole pod is plastic and tinted very dark so to see the juice level you need to hold it up to the light. On the lower section to one side we have the usual removable bung that stays attached to the pod when lifted, lifting the bung reveals a good sized fill port so all good there. Looking at the base of the pod we have 2 contacts and 2 magnets, central is a good sized hole for airflow that immediately told me the Ceto SE will be a looser draw than the NESO X. The pod holds 2ml of e-liquid and houses a 1.3ohm coil, only one coil is included which isn't acceptable and this growing trend has got to stop. Just because the Ceto SE was sent by Rincoe doesn't change my opinion that personally i wouldn't buy a kit that didn't come supplied with at least 2 coils or 2 pods.

Fitting The Pod

The device acts as a cradle for the pod which means the sides of the battery helps keep it in place while the front and back is open so pretty much all of the pod is on show to see your juice level at all times, however this is good light dependant as the pods as mentioned are very darkly tinted. Looking inside the bay we can see the 2 contacts and 2 magnets that line up with the same on the bottom of the pod, the pod only fits one way. The pod fits securely with strong magnets and although their is some play when testing with the hand there isn't movement while operating the device normally so all in all a good job!

Using The Ceto SE

Unlike the NESO X the Ceto SE is a fire button activated device which i much prefer, it also allows you to turn the device on and off which is indicated by the LED flashing White 3 times. The LED shines through a translucent symbol on the bottom of the front of the device, the symbol looks like a well known car manufacturers badge. The LED is used for battery status indication, charging indication and protection alerts. When you press the fire button to vape if the battery is higher than 30% the LED lights White and lights Red when below 30%, when the battery is too low to give 3.4V it flashes Red 8 times and will not work. When charging the device the LED flashes Red when below 70% and flashes White when over 70%, when the battery is fully charged it lights solid White. When the pod is inserted or removed the LED flashes once. The Ceto SE has an array of safety protections which when they kick in are indicated by various amounts of flashes from the LED.

Protections

Low Battery Protection
Charging Protection
Short Circuit Protection
Overuse Protection (8 seconds)
Li-Polymer Battery Protection
Nano-Coating Protection

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

My Experience Using The Ceto SE

I went away for a long weekend to the coast last weekend as mentioned when i did the Neso X review and took the Neso X along with the Ceto SE pod device's and some 50/50 20mg nic salts as my vaping gear. Although you only get 1 pod in the kit i did receive a couple extra for testing and although they gave better longevity than the Neso X pods (strange because i'm pretty certain they are the same coils used in both Neso X and Ceto SE pods) i had the same issues with inconsistency. The first pod i got a whopping 14ml (6 refills) before noticeable drop off in flavour and at this point had decided the Neso X pods must just of been part of a bad batch. Then the 2nd pod only gave me 6ml before the last pod gave me an acceptable 10ml, Rincoe need to look at this inconsistency especially as only one pod is included in the kit because i know if i bought the kit and the pod only gave 4 -6ml before the flavour dropped off i wouldn't be amused. The flavour was a pro as i found it to be better than average for the flavour i would expect from a pod and pretty much identical to the Neso X. The draw on the Ceto SE was much more to my liking being a looser MTL compared to the Neso X, although the Neso X gives a better draw for those just quitting the cigarettes as it's a tighter (more like a pull on a cigarette) draw. The device gives a constant 3.4V which both gave a consistent vape while also giving well above average battery life with the 650mAh in-built battery. Like i did with the Neso X pods when i returned home from the Vegas of the North (Blackpool), i also tried some 80VG juice just to see if it wicked ok and again it was fine. The device does as mentioned have battery status indication but this could be done much better, the device took about 2 hours to charge which i found just acceptable more so because the device supports pass-through. The mouthpiece feels comfortable between the lips either way but is most comfortable when you put it between the lips as if you were playing a recorder, however this means the device is upside down with the fire button and LED on the underside. I did find the pods far too darkly tinted and could only see the juice level in good light, finally the device was very efficient on e-juice and one fill went a long way.

Good build quality and nice gloss finish
Pocket friendly
Ergonomic
Colour options
Constant 3.4V
650mAh battery
Charges in about 2 hours with pass-through
Quite loose MTL (draw i prefer)
Physical fire button
Device can be turned off
Above average flavour (relative to other pods)
Consistent vape
Efficient with e-liquid
Good size fill port
Battery life better than most pod systems (helped by being low constant output)

Cons

Inconsistent longevity with pods
Only 1 pod included
Pods darkly tinted and not easy to see juice level
Battery indication could be done better

I would once again like to thank Nicole from Rincoe for supplying the Ceto SE Pod Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.rincoe.com/

VU Sponsors