Become a Patron!

Rincoe Mechman 80W TC Kit with Mesh Tank

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Mechman 80W TC Kit from Rincoe. The Mechman 80W TC Kit with Mesh Tank was supplied for the purpose of this review by Nicole from Rincoe.

https://rincoe.com/product/showproduct.p...=cn&id=129

Introduction

Rincoe follow the Mechman 228W Kit with the Mechman 80W Kit which includes the same Mechman Tank and Mesh coils. The Mechman 80W is a tube device which is good to see as although there are a few fully regulated tube devices most tube devices that get released still tend to be simple direct output devices with an in-built battery so i feel there is a gap in the market for such a device. The Mechman 80W accommodates a single external 18650 battery and as well as variable wattage hosts bypass mode and a full TC suite. Coming in 2 colour options and having a rugged transformers like futuristic appearance lets give it a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1x Mechman 80W mod
1x Mechman mesh tank (single mesh coil 0.25ohm)
1x Extra dual mesh coil 0.2ohm
1x Extra bubble glass tube
1x Accessory
1x Certificate card
1x User manual
1x USB Charging cable

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Mechman 80W Kit came in cardboard box packaging with mod, tank and all accessories on one level. On certain vendors sites and Rincoe's site they have the colour options listed as Black and Gun Metal which is incorrect as the so called Gun Metal pictures are definitely of a Stainless Steel coloured device and tank, in fact i received the Stainless Steel version which quite clearly also say's on the box "Stainless Steel". Both colour options have matching tanks and are a really nice matte finish. Made from Zinc Alloy and built solidly it's a very rugged tactile feeling device much like it's bigger brother, the overall aesthetic appearance of the device is a futuristic transformers look which will appeal to many. The large Black shield shaped fire button and large Black navigational buttons protrude slightly but due to their large size are very easy to find when feeling for them. At the bottom of the front of the device we have the small screen and towards the top of the reverse is the micro USB port. The base is the screw off battery cap which has a ring of small holes for venting then moving up top the 510 platform has inner and outer rims to protect the finish while giving no visual gaping, the 510 is Gold plated and spring loaded, being a tubular device it's portable and ergonomic.

Mechman Mesh Tank Specs and Features:

Dimension: 28 x 36mm
Tank capacity: 4.5ml(max)
Resistance: single mesh coil: 0.25ohm; Dual mesh coil: 0.2ohm
Drip Tip: 810 drip tip
Material: Resin/Stainless steel/Quartz bubble glass
innovative Mesh coils
Easy top refill system
Thread: 510
Colour: Black, Stainless Steel

Mechman Tank Overview

The Mechman 80W Mod comes with the Mechman Mesh tank which looks quite nice and is well made. The Mechman has top-fill, just push the top-cap where there is a little arrow head and the top slides open with a nice stiff tolerance revealing a kidney shaped fill port. When open if you look inside the drip tip you can see their is a hole in the fill port plate to allow air to escape when filling and once filled simply slide the top back into position. The drip tip is a Resin 810 with o-rings so goon style 810's will not fit but other 810's with o-rings will. The glass is a bubble glass which holds 4.5ml of e-liquid and you also get a spare, it's secured and sealed top and bottom with o-rings. The airflow is dual cyclops with stoppers which moves with a nice tolerance and the coils screw straight into the base and screw onto the air pipe which also has an o-ring for a good seal. The base has printed branding and safety stamps, the fixed 510 is Gold plated and protrudes slightly. Pre-installed is a single mesh coil which is 0.25ohm and rated between 40-60W, the other included coil is a dual mesh coil which is 0.2ohm and rated between 50-80W.

Mechman 80W Specs and Features:

Dimension: 27 x 95mm
Power range: 1-80W
TC modes support: Ni200/Ti/SS 316L
Power mode(VW/BYPASS): 0.08-5.0ohm
TC mode (Nickel/Titanium/Stainless): 0.05-3.5ohm
Battery: Single replaceable high rate 18650 cell (Not Included)
Rugged design in workmanship
Compact pocket size in hand
Support VW/TC/BYPASS modes
Multiple protections for safe vape
Colours: Black, Stainless Steel

Fitting The Battery

The Mechman will only accommodate an 18650 battery, of course a 21700 would be much better but with the PCB and screen running up the front of the device the tube would need to have a much bigger diameter and be at least 5mm taller to accommodate one which will would make it a much larger device. The bottom of the tube has a cap which screws off, the threading is a bit crunchy but once the thread catches it gets the job done, simply pop your battery in negative up and screw the cap back on. Orientation is brightly marked inside the tube but i still wish a negative symbol in White was printed on the underneath of the top-cap. There is no battery rattle whatsoever and overall a good job!

The Display

As you would expect with a fully regulated tube device the screen is very small but the display is bright and sharp and i had no issues being able to read the on-screen information. The display is very simple with having little space giving only the important information needed. To the left of the display we have the wattage or temperature depending which mode you are in, next to this we have the mode at the top and underneath the unit (W for wattage, F or C for temperature). Underneath the wattage or temperature we have resistance, top right of the display is the battery status bar positioned horizontally then underneath this we have the voltage which displays watts instead when in temperature control.

Navigating The Mechman 80W

The Mechman 80W device is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off, once on pressing left and right together locks and unlocks the device, when the device is locked it still fires. The Mechman has various modes and to enter the menu system is 3 clicks of the fire button which brings up a screen displaying the current mode, now we can scroll between the various mode screens which are Variable Wattage, Bypass, Ni, Ti and SS. When Bypass is selected the device operates like an unregulated device with the benefit of all the safety protections you get with a regulated device. For those that prefer vaping with simple direct output devices can use the Mechman in Bypass and get the benefit of being able to see both the Voltage output and calculated Wattage output. When in temp control Wattage is now displayed where Voltage was displayed when in Wattage mode, pressing right and the fire button simultaneously causes the wattage to blink which can now be altered for temp control. The Wattage adjust in 0.1W increments with individual clicks or 1W increments when long pressing.

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Protections

Over-heat Protection
Short Circuit Protection
Reverse Polarity Protection
Low Voltage Protection
10 Seconds Cutoff

My Experience Using The Mechman 80W

As usual i must state i do not vape using temp control and have no access to data so simply review vaping products as i experience them. The Mechman 80W is a very simple regulated tube device so no settings menu to alter things like screen timeout, brightness, etc or no features like custom curves but the device has what the majority of vapers need having Variable Wattage, Bypass and full TC suite. This simplicity meant i found the device very easy to use and it performed great in both Variable Wattage and Bypass modes. The fire button is easy to find, has a very satisfying click and fires instantly. Being a tube device it's very ergonomic and the tactile design gives it good grip, it also fits in the pocket so nice and portable.
The Mechman tank is decent although with being a small manufacturer i would much of preferred if it was mainstream coil size compatible as sourcing coils could be a problem. The single mesh 0.25ohm coil gave cracking flavour and i found the sweet spot at 55W which is towards the top end of it's recommended rating, this coil gave bags of air so i needed the airflow closed down halfway for the restriction i like and also it was quite turbulent. The dual mesh 0.2ohm coil also gave very decent flavour but not quite as good as the single mesh coil however the airflow was much smoother and had more restriction, i found this coil best at 60W. The Mechman tank isn't as loud as some tanks but is still on the loud side like a lot of these sub-ohm tanks tend to be.
If you read my review of the Mechman 228W which came with the same tank and coils you will notice i found the coils best at lower wattage using the Mechman 80W because as mentioned in the Mechman 228W review i found that device to be a bit under-powered but no such issues with the Mechman 80W which seemed spot on right up to the full 80W. Because i already have a Mechman tank i have used, for testing i used the same tank (why the tank pictured below is Black rather than Silver) but with the fresh coils.
The 510 platform will accommodate a 25mm atty flush with 26mm not overhanging the actual device. Although i never recommend charging your battery in the device the Mechman does support on-board charging if it's your only option. Battery life possibly because of the simple nature of the device did seem to give better than expected battery life for a single 18650 device.

Solid well built device
No button Rattle
Feels nice and tactile in hand
Ergonomic
Pocket friendly
Battery fits securely
Temp Control (not tested)
Performed well in Bypass mode
Performed well in Variable Wattage mode
Fires Instantly
Nice feeling clicky fire button
Large navigational buttons
Easy to navigate
Seemed Good battery life
Multiple Protections
Good flavour dual mesh coil
Very good flavour Single mesh coil
Very decent included tank
Top-fill

Cons

No battery orientation on battery cap
Threading with battery cap a bit crunchy (petty)
No settings menu for things like screen timeout and brightness etc
Single mesh coil slight turbulence
Coils not mainstream size

I would once again like to thank Nicole from Rincoe for supplying the Mechman 80W TC Kit with Mesh Tank for the purpose of this review.

https://rincoe.com/product/showproduct.p...=cn&id=129

VU Sponsors