Become a Patron!

Rip Tripers Snake Oil Salesman ? 75.4% Say Yes .

Is Rip Tripper a Snake Oil Salesman and/or a Bum ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Shark as I said I could not give two flips how rip tarded makes his money, his followers or his fucking fanbois and bots. I am pissed that he alluded to his self abuse with his lack of activity to being a vaping side effect.
His tying his endocrine and hormonal issues to vaping, so instead of taking the correct step of going to his doctor first he started self medicating with supplements.

And this is from his video so according to him he had a mineral imbalance which he further throws way the fuck out of whack by over hydrating, then dehydrating himself further and further supplementation product.

So by the vid he finally goes to the DR. who gets a correct diagnosis. One that requires lifetime of treatment and adjustments. So instead of correcting his levels he pitches snake oil powder which does have a zero sum effect to thyroid issues and treatment.
He opened himself up to false health claims.

IF anyone who is having a thyroid issue follows this suggestion of his self treatment is putting themselves at serious risk damage or death.
This is why I felt pissed off also, not due to his money or fame, I congratulate him on earning all those subs and views, BUT the deceitful behavior and the outright bullshit is what I was highlighting. The fact he blamed vaping for his symptoms wasnt something he should of done and could of went a different direction for the same end result he was shooting for.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is why I felt pissed off also, not due to his money or fame, I congratulate him on earning all those subs and views, BUT the deceitful behavior and the outright bullshit is what I was highlighting. The fact he blamed vaping for his symptoms wasnt something he should of done and could of went a different direction for the same end result he was shooting for.
amen.gif

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bottom line either he had some weird agenda or he just wasn't thinking, if he was so involved with the vaping community he might have thought twice.

Fact is he just fucked any constant he had going and well....whatever. I'm over it. Fuck em.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
either he had some weird agenda or he just wasn't thinking

Both.
The agenda was money, in the form of that affiliate link that disappeared.
The not-thinking part was probably from him having all those subs and fans and money coming in, and he lost perspective. Got fearless.

Google "fired over Twitter" or "fired over Facebook" for listicles of people who forgot how easy it is to screw up their life by typing for a second and hitting <Enter>.

Justine Sacco is one of the best examples. The angry online mob erupted while she was on a plane, and #HasJustineLandedYet was trending way before she landed in Cape Town. Then some dude got his 15 Minutes by getting to the airport in time to meet her. Good times.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Both.
The agenda was money, in the form of that affiliate link that disappeared.
The not-thinking part was probably from him having all those subs and fans and money coming in, and he lost perspective. Got fearless.

Google "fired over Twitter" or "fired over Facebook" for listicles of people who forgot how easy it is to screw up their life by typing for a second and hitting <Enter>.

Justine Sacco is one of the best examples. The angry online mob erupted while she was on a plane, and #HasJustineLandedYet was trending way before she landed in Cape Town. Then some dude got his 15 Minutes by getting to the airport in time to meet her. Good times.
People keep saying its not a affiliated link, this is why I asked if anyone had the page cache or had the link so I could trace it and the tag numbers to see if it was a true affiliated link or not. Then everyone couldnt say it was or wasnt as the proof would be posted after I check/traced it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Shark the only things that Joe says is for people that hate him for his fame and following, I could care less and I think his eared his spot in the youtube gallery. The points he made in the video were not well put and he lied to his following and to the world, if the FDA actually took and used that video against us would you then see what others are saying? Not only that he says that he isnt making money from the video and yet posts a affiliated link at the bottom, though the link is missing so I cannot confirm for everyone that is was a link that could make him money using. This is shady and if you cant see that then there is more wrong with the world then I thought already...maybe people like learning the hard way but I choose to take precautions, that video would only be used for our harm if someone on the opposing side of the vape fight saw it.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Joe is missing the point . Rip was trying to sell that shit as a cure all .
YouTube is all about views .... OK I get that .... Trying to sell Vapers Snake Oil Cure Alls is not
something we should stand for .

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think anyone gives a shit about him making money. The only thing people care about is his claim that the issues he discussed are vaping related i.e. caused by vaping. If people are silly enough to buy snake oil then I could care less but stating the symptoms of bad diet and lack of exercise are vaping related issues is a stupid thing to do unless you have medical evidence to support that statement.

That in a nutshell is all there is.

Should I quit smoking and try vaping?
Hell no because apparently my knuckles will go dry and I will get muscle cramps blah blah etc etc

It's simple enough.

Ultima_US_StickPack_Raspberry_450.jpg

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even if it has to do with a new tank, mod or zooper dooper tribecca alienized conehead clapton coil?

I don't believe the topic of this thread has to do with a new tank, mod or zooper dooper tribecca alienized conehead clapton coil. While the folks at mod envy are entitled to their opinion on Dick Ripper's controversy, I like to form my own. For the rest, I tend to read what the 'regular' folks have to say about a new tank, mod or zooper dooper tribecca alienized conehead clapton coil. Celebrity status doesn't carry much weight with me.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't believe the topic of this thread has to do with a new tank, mod or zooper dooper tribecca alienized conehead clapton coil. While the folks at mod envy are entitled to their opinion on Dick Ripper's controversy, I like to form my own. For the rest, I tend to read what the 'regular' folks have to say about a new tank, mod or zooper dooper tribecca alienized conehead clapton coil. Celebrity status doesn't carry much weight with me.
Exactly. Most people here have owned or own the item in question and will give an honest opinion of it. Real folks, not paid promoters.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I find it laughable though ... If you read the comments on his Facebook you can tell who is forum vape hobbyist and who is not. Some of those people you would think we're his lovers,
Seriously, get the net.

digiplay

Member For 4 Years
Whose got celebrity status? A guy on outline reviewing Vaping gear?

Red carpet time?!?!

;)

Some Reviewers are going to double dip. Big YouTube checks and payola. Stands to reason. As to anyone knowing for sure. Well. Let's see solid evidence.

Anyway. Nobody should be buying based on one guys review. Especially rip tripper.let alone any kind of medical opinion or some bs that has almost no evidence Ina. Controlled scientific method

But yah saying your health issues relate to vaping is irresponsible where you are a member of the community.

Here's a quick fix. Stop Vaping and give up your YouTube income.

Notice the one thing he didn't do to fix his health problems was stop Vaping. Given you know. He knows it's the issue.

Effing moron

Last edited:

digiplay

Member For 4 Years
LOL. I'm afraid your vocabulary is limited. Celebrity doesn't just refer to movie stars, music idols, sports or politics.

ce·leb·ri·ty
səˈlebrədē/
noun
noun: celebrity; plural noun: celebrities
  1. a famous person.
    synonyms: famous person, VIP, very important person, personality, newsmaker, name, big name, famous name, household name, star, superstar, movie star;More
    informalceleb, somebody, someone, megastar
    "a sports celebrity"
    antonyms: nonentity

In these circles, @VaporJoe and much of the personalities found by clicking the VU Live button at the top of the page qualify as celebrity(Well known, prominence, popularity, distinction, note, notability, prestige, stature, reputation). In other words, it's not your view of them that makes them celebrity, it's their popularity in the vaping culture. While Dick Ripper certainly qualifies as celebrity due to his popularity, I was referring to all Vaping culture celebrities.
Wow man.

digiplay

Member For 4 Years
Eh

Anyway seems like we roughly have a similar view on the situation. I just prefer not to think of YouTube reviewing as any real celebrity. Though within a small
Community and based on subscriber numbers I can see it. My statement was more on how hey view themselves. Not your choice in words.

In music for example 500k people
Knowing who
You are means mostly
You can travel the world and never see anyone who recognizes you.m

I guess I do have a somewhat harsh view. I don't really nice with the whole Facebook waiting list $2000 Dan 40 Mod thing either. Funny as I own authentics. I see a lot of arrogance in this community. Probably a lot due to age. Some due to artists who don't know he first thing about art. Oh yah. And hipsters. So I guess my flaw is cynicism and judgment. We all have our stuff

Last edited:

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How were you stolen from?
Didn't mean to imply that Rip stole from me - I don't think he abuses animals or kids either, as were also examples on a list of people that I don't care to give another chance.

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'll come out and say it. I love this site and how Mr Joe has put this together. I'm from the same state as rip and I'm not the slightest bit jealous of this hillbilly. I know of a few shops in the Raleigh Durham area that are allied with him and they're nothing special. They carry his entire line of juice and seem proud of it. It's nothing special to me. Hell, juice from avail vapor blows anything rip was released out the water. I agree, no one should hate on rip for trying to get him grind on but I can't be envious of this man.

HRC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A while back I watched about 30 seconds of one of his videos and thought to my self who actually watches this asshat, let alone buy something he's advertising. lolz

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Video would have been way better if he was naked and vaping giving it the tuck.....

Funny:)

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
"Hey Tip I didn't get into Hogwarts!" "What do I do?!?"

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just hate that this is what people see when they are coming into the vaping community. Rip is a horrible ambassador. He doesn't give a rip about any of use, or the vaping industry. Dude is blessed with all the subs, and views, and just shits all over people who work hard to advocate, and put in the time.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
RIP is never at a Meet, a Place to Advocate, and has rarely even advocated in any of his videos. He hasnt responded to any of his comments or followers or even blinks and eye when someone trys sending him an email...I dont understand how anyone reps the clown.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Did you see the 'still blowing smoke' video?

VU Sponsors