Become a Patron!

Rixsta's Review - Surric XR Vault Silicone Edition box mod

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it just me or are you sick of the poor crappy quality of most mods these days, 510's popping off, paint peeling, auto firing, buttons sticking or just plain breaking on you. I'm done with these Chinese brands who's names don't need to be mentioned, I'm sure everyone has their own list.

I wanted a mod that was going to last, something simple, dual 18650 and looked nice, this seemed to fit the bill but I had no idea just how much I would fall in love with it.......you fell in love with a mod ??? Yup ;)

Surric XR or X revision - The first batch of these back in 2014/15 had an LED light on the top and you would press the up or down to adjust the voltage, the LED would change color from green to red, the fire button was below the + and - button, I didn't much care for it, reports of the board catching fire begin to appear on the web, not a very good start.

The V2 was quickly bought out, you could only tell the difference because the V1 had a recessed LED and the V2 protruded on the top, although all issues were fixed safety wise, the LED would catch your eye when vaping and the fire button was too low down..

Moving onto the 2016 they came out with the Surric XR which for me was a massive set up, you could call it a hex ohm to some degree with a Mitec button and a potentiometer that goes from 0 to 100, 3v to 6v, adjust to taste or you can work out the wattage yourself on steam engine..

This version was released this year, well the color was, the green is hard to find, the first colors being red and blue at the back end of 2016, the latest ones are called timeless edition.

The mod is 100% made in the USA, even the board, everything, now that's not to say it's never going to have a problem but it sure puts the odds more in the buyers favor.

Enough of the back story......

The mod hits hard, it's beautiful and pictures don't do this justice, it is made to such a high standard, the magnets that hold the thick battery door on are perfect, the lazer etching is perfect, the Mitec switch is fantastic and slightly offset for the perfect finger firing. I'm usually a thumb firer but this is just so comfy to fire with your finger, well that's the way I have been using it. No button or battery rattle or movement, the whole thing is solid.

The mod has a brushed alloy look, the paint job is superb and after 3 weeks and taking it on the beach, in my pocket, in my bag, sun cream on it, there isn't a single mark on it, it's holding up very well. It's built like a tank but isn't all that heavy, it weighs in with the OBS Engine on and 2 x 18650 at 350g, when you think the same setup - the Wismec Predator (hhmm, enough said about that) weighs in at 320g..

The balance of the mod is perfect with the outstanding centered fat daddy 510 and the batteries equal on either side gives you the perfect balance, your going to here the word outstanding and perfect a lot in this review.

All the wiring is well done, there is a 25A fuse, it's just a standard car fuse, easy to pick up, you can up the fuse to 40A if required but I only pull around 18A from my fused claptons, I'm vaping it about 75w..

Some mods have a pre heat, this is more like a series mech mod that you can calm down a bit, it's instant power and heats up those coils super quick, there is small green LED light inside that lights up green when the fire button is pressed, I guess it's there to tell you it works....not needed but a nice touch anyways. Every atty sits flush and no overhang with a 25mm.

I am so impressed with this mod, I do like my Hex Ohm V3 but it's taller than the Surric and not as wide, knock the Hex with a tank on it and it will fall over, I've done it countless times, this is much more study and to me looks 10 times better.

I don't miss the screen, I don't miss menu's and I don't vape in TC so a mod like this makes sense to me, less to go wrong with it, easy to repair if it does and is just a hassle free vape.

I want to give this mod a 10 out of 10, a 5 star, a 100% perfect score, which personally for me I did but for the sake of the review, this is all I could find..

Cons..

To say it's made in the USA buying this mod is difficult, especially this green version, maybe it's me with bad search skills but I couldn't find it anywhere in the USA for sale and the places I did find it were sold out and none of them even stocked the green color.

I found one site in the UK that had the older models and one of the early XR's...

Actually you would think this mod was made in France because that's where you will find it and most of the reviews on the tube are in french too, that was one of the reasons I wanted to do this review, plus it needs to be out there for other vapors..

I'm sitting here trying to think of more cons, maybe it's slightly too wide for some, if your into TC then this mod isn't for you, it's not really for beginners either. There is a slight buzzing noise too that you really have to listen for which is do to the PWM board. It states it's a 200w mod, yeah.......well. The biggest con for some will be anything over a 25mm wont look right, yeah a 25mm fits flsuh but because of the bevels on each side, a 30mm will over hang but will be flsuh with the sides, shame really but my OBS lives on there quite happily.

OK I'm done trying now..

I have many mods or did have many mods, over 200, I dunno, I've lost count, had all the stabwood mods, the hybrid mods, mass produced mods, custom made mods, mech mods, you name it but this has to be my favorite for an all round superb mod.

Sorry it's a bit of a gush fest review and of course this is just my personal opinion but dam, this is badass.

I purchased mine from here - http://www.lepetitvapoteur.com/en/

Excellent service, free postage and from France to the UK it arrived very well packaged within 3 days, I also got some sweets too, everyone loves sweets right lol.

Popped my custom OBS Engine on there and every time I go out you can bet some vapor stops me to ask about it lol. I wish I had a better camera to show this off but anyway, here's some pics :)

Outstanding - 5 Stars.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors