Become a Patron!

Rixsta's Review - Tesla WYE - First Impressions (mini review)

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Contrary to what people think of this mod, I can tell you, it's awesome, I love it, it is a joy to use.

Tesla WYE

Just first impressions..

Very well made, it doesn't feel cheap, it reminds of the black (rubberized finish) Minikin V2, same feel to it and almost the same dimensions but the difference is, it's much much lighter.

Picking the mod up (65g without batteries) it's as light as a feather, it weighs slightly more than one 18650, it's almost too light. That is until you put batteries in it (dual 18650) and pop a tank on the top, then this mod really comes into it's own, it's the perfect weight, it really is a joy to use and great to take out, fits in my pocket fine.

I paired it with the amazing Kylin in green with a rainbow chimney ha, this tank has also had some negativity (with good reason on Version 1) but I rate it above the Aromamizer Plus, I love this tank, I get such a good vape from it.

My better half tested temp control and informs me it works well, passed the dry cotton test, I don't use it myself but she said it was way better than the Smok T Priv...for example, not sure if it uses the same board as the Nano... TC - SS316, NI200, TI, and TCR

Every time I pick this mod up, I love it more and more, everything else now feels like Im picking up a cannon ball, I rate this over the more expensive boxer mod too, the material on this, is way better.

Not battery door movement, no button rattle and it's a surprisingly solid mod, in fact I did a few drop tests, which I would never usually do, this mod isn't going to scratch or dent, the paint won't chip off, you can wipe it clean easily, it's awesome.

The only thing I wonder is if it will fade over time but it's too early to tell.

The menu system is simple and easy to use, the display is nice and bright, I also like the metal grills on the front under the cutouts.

For me, I'm very pleased with it indeed.

If you dismiss this mod because you think it's plastic and tacky, you've made a big mistake.

Few Pics.....

mc3g52.jpg

4fy9vo.jpg

99peoj.jpg

121aelh.jpg

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am in complete agreement with you on this mod. I received mine yesterday and have not put it down. I topped it with the Geekvape Ammit 25 and it seems like it is made for it. I use TC with a stainless fused clapton and it functions perfectly. I have heard some bad things about this mod also but I can't find anything wrong with it. Mine is a joy to use and it is so light and the menu is very easy to use. I have also noticed that I have great battery life while using the Sony VTC6 batteries. I have heard complaints about the mod not having a battery ribbon but honestly the way it is designed with the cutouts on the side the ribbon is not needed. The batteries are easily removed without it. I have had no misfires or any autofiring issues which was another complaint that I heard about this mod. I don't know if Tesla has made changes to the mod or if these problems were a result of user error or not taking care of the mod and spilling juice in the 510 connection or some other misuse. I have several other mods including DNA mods and a Hexohm V3. I use what works and this mod so far has been a great addition to my vape arsenal.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am in complete agreement with you on this mod. I received mine yesterday and have not put it down. I topped it with the Geekvape Ammit 25 and it seems like it is made for it. I use TC with a stainless fused clapton and it functions perfectly. I have heard some bad things about this mod also but I can't find anything wrong with it. Mine is a joy to use and it is so light and the menu is very easy to use. I have also noticed that I have great battery life while using the Sony VTC6 batteries. I have heard complaints about the mod not having a battery ribbon but honestly the way it is designed with the cutouts on the side the ribbon is not needed. The batteries are easily removed without it. I have had no misfires or any autofiring issues which was another complaint that I heard about this mod. I don't know if Tesla has made changes to the mod or if these problems were a result of user error or not taking care of the mod and spilling juice in the 510 connection or some other misuse. I have several other mods including DNA mods and a Hexohm V3. I use what works and this mod so far has been a great addition to my vape arsenal.
Glad your enjoying the mod !

It's great for the price hey :)

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
They have screen issues, and auto fire problems. My buddy had 2 do both. Auto fired and screen went dead. Both, which is why I'm weary if Tesla

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They have screen issues, and auto fire problems. My buddy had 2 do both. Auto fired and screen went dead. Both, which is why I'm weary if Tesla

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I have no problems with either !!!! I love the screen and the menu is super easy to navigate.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered the Matt Black version without the splatter, 6 months on and mine is still as good as the day I bought it.

Absolutely fantastic mod !

VU Sponsors