kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i've known for many years that robin williams was bipolar, something we share(d). sometimes the depth of despair depression brings makes you consider doing desperate things. and i guess he did. i has a sad. :( RIP mork

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't like this at all. I was shocked as fuck when I first heard. Then when I finally heard "suicide" I was somehow less shocked. And now I'm just pissed off. And sad. But less shocked I guess.

He could be a tad obnoxious but he was a fucking genius in my opinion, so he earned the privilege to be so. And as a genius, I'm sure his head was just chock full of both good and crazy, and I guess the crazy finally won out. Poor fucking guy. Poor fucking anyone who gets to that point, for that matter. I wrestle with similar demons and sometimes I get pissed off that some people get the easy way out while I fight hard and can't give up. I mean, I can, but I don't. Yet anyways. I'm not wording that quite right, but whatever.

Goddammit all, this just sucks.

Nanoo nanoo. :(

Last edited:

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
robin was only "on" when he was manic. when he wasn't he was quite the opposite, melancholy and morose. it's part of the disease. well....actually it's most of the disease.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Everyone seems so shocked because he gave so much laughter and good cheer. They don't get it. Did they never read Shel Silverstein's 'The Giving Tree'? Same shit. Gave so much, he didn't have any left for himself.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i don't cry often....tonight I cried.
I cry a lot, but tonight was a flood.
I shouldn't have watched CNN all night, this shit is doing my head in.

So now I'm watching Trailer Park Boys trying to relax before bed so I won't have messed up dreams. I can't watch any RW stuff for a bit. So this seemed like the logical choice.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aww I feel I want to chip in here, like it's a book of condolences. He was very famous here. He was a genius xD

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the world losses yet another funny man it will be a sad time for sure.

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was in shock when I read about this earlier. I'm still pretty sad. His acting, comedy, & presentation style were truly unique. His movies were some of my favorites while growing up. I saw part of one of his stand ups a few years ago, & I swear to god I've never laughed so fucking hard on my life. He will be missed by many.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Going to miss him but honestly outside of his disorder I think he was well and truly ill.
Just something about him from 2012 did not look right to me.

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just goes to show that depression and addiction (which he also suffered from), can affect all walks of life! My heart goes out to his family and to all those that suffer from such illness. These people should not be judged by any of us, because as my mama always said.. But for the grace of God there go I.

The night before my husband and I were watching one of his old movies, but one of my all time favs had to be Patch Adams! What a horrible loss!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had a really pretty sunset last night...I think it was fitting. :)

eb1ZH1rl.jpg

VapingHippie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well there can be many extenuating circumstances that may have led to this. I was reading an article this morning that he just got out of a drug rehab the first part of last month. We all know that he had issues with drugs for many years.
The fact that he was bipolar made this problem even worse. I have bipolar disorder that runs through my family. We know that a lot of people who suffer with it take to self medicating, which exsaserbates the problem.
I think with him he just came to the end of his rope.

Before anyone says that suicide is a cowards way out, I call bullshit.
No one knows the pain that any person is suffering until you have walked a mile in their shoes.
Suicide is just a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well there can be many extenuating circumstances that may have led to this. I was reading an article this morning that he just got out of a drug rehab the first part of last month. We all know that he had issues with drugs for many years.
The fact that he was bipolar made this problem even worse. I have bipolar disorder that runs through my family. We know that a lot of people who suffer with it take to self medicating, which exsaserbates the problem.
I think with him he just came to the end of his rope.

Before anyone says that suicide is a cowards way out, I call bullshit.
No one knows the pain that any person is suffering until you have walked a mile in their shoes.
Suicide is just a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

when you are in the grip of deep depression, the problem does not seem temporary. the situation seems hopeless....even if it's not.

VapingHippie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I understand Kelli I attempted suicide when I got off the drugs, I ended a relationship and felt like the world was crashing in on me.
If you would have read the whole post you would have got that. No one knows the pain that someone is going through until you walk a mile in their shoes.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I understand Kelli I attempted suicide when I got off the drugs, I ended a relationship and felt like the world was crashing in on me.
If you would have read the whole post you would have got that. No one knows the pain that someone is going through until you walk a mile in their shoes.

i did read your whole post, dear. i too have been there, and was just trying to emphasize your point. ♥

VapingHippie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK sweetie.

BTW you owe me some titties :D

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was shocked as well. I wont judge or try to analyze and will only flip the channel when they start doing it.

He gave alot ot us over the years. Makes me sad. Goodbye Robin.

VapingHippie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I liked what he said in an interview on a late nite talk show when the host asked, what's it like to be in the mind of Robin Williams?
He said, you don't want to go there, it's a very scary place.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
death report came out...he hung himself and cut his wrists...death cause was the hanging...wtf. So sad. So sad.

BrutusGM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There are no words! ={

bobby.q

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
y8e4aty8.jpg

Does anybody remember this movie?

Viet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Drove by Marin county earlier for lunch. Alot of people with banners with praises for Robin Williams. RIP. I need to watch dead poet society again lol. Loved how deep he played the roles.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Drove by Marin county earlier for lunch. Alot of people with banners with praises for Robin Williams. RIP. I need to watch dead poet society again lol. Loved how deep he played the roles.

Much of Dead Poet's Society was filmed about 15 minutes from where I live.

VU Sponsors