Become a Patron!

RocketPuppy's Ry4

james james

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tried so many tribeca clones in the past years, the closest i have found IMO is
50/50pg vg
for 10ml
30 drops Ryan usa A&L
2 d Acetyl Pyrazine
maybe a problem for you to get Ryan usa being french, they hit the nail on the head !!!!

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi, james james and welcome to the VU forum.

I'm not certain you meant to post that recipe here as this is an RY4 thread, specifically our beloved Rocket Puppy's.

Regardless, our esteemed mixoligist HeadInClouds (HIC) has posted a Tribeca clone with RY4D and AP you might enjoy. :)

james james

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry, as you said i didn't mean to post it here, got a little lost in the forum being new here, thanks for the tribeca post, i did try and delete it ? couldn't find a way

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made this also tonight. I have ry4double that Teresa sent me when I started diy that I never got around to using. Going to let it steep for alittle and see how it is. I used your recipe from elr that had some changes from the original post.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, as you said i didn't mean to post it here, got a little lost in the forum being new here, thanks for the tribeca post, i did try and delete it ? couldn't find a way

Don't worry about it. Just make yourself at home & wander around. There's lots to see and some brilliant DIY minds here.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is amazing stuff! Just about out of my first 30ml bottle all ready, gonna mix up more tomorrow. I might play a bit with this and add some clove.

-Kingboomer

Tar Heel

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good job on this recipe, I've been vaping and vaping on this and I like it.
What would you recommend to get a touch more tobacco flavor?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ordered my concentrates from vapable.com today been eager to try this recipee for a while ...might even get them before Christmas fingers crossed :bingo:

Will post back my thoughts Rocket!

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Made this let it steep for 24 hours ...Rocket this is a really awesome mix! thanks now I know why this thread has so many posts!

I'm not normally one for nic flavours but that ry4d is so sweet you don't get hit with it

Made at 75/25 (VG/PG) 2% nic recipe as you said

ADV for me love it!

VelvetA

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the recipe! It's absolutely fabulous - not just that it tastes good but it doesn't get tiring or cloying or destroy my cotton or coils. It just keeps on keepin' on :)

Oh, and it holds up really well. I made this back on 2/21/2016 and started vaping it this week. This is seriously good stuff :)

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Want to thank you, and second what VelvetA said....I can vape this all day, and find I really crave it when I don't have any made up. Been a really long time since I'd had a good RY4, this isn't just good, it's Amazing. Hope some of the newer diy'ers give this a go.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just made another 120ml. LOVE this stuff!!

-Kingboomer

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks @gopher_byrd good spot! need to try that love the original recipe

Rockets New recipe

RY4 double TPA 5%
Caramel FA 0.5%
Vienna Cream FA 0.5%
Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) FA 0.5%
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% TPA 0.2%

Rockets notes ...

My original recipe has 0.5% AP and Vanilla Bourbon. I've changed it up just a bit and enjoy it more.

Rocket enjoys it more! This is awesome as it is how good will that version be

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just read the entire thread, this really sounds good. Thanks to the OP, even if Rocket hasn't been around.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
So I mixed up RP's other version today (as well as the original) subbing vanilla bourbon with vanilla classic

I would describe the original as a complex blend of flavours that compliment each other very well, sweet slightly tangy caramel notes yet not to the point of sickly, the bourbon shines through a lot on the exhale and it's not until you put in the vanilla classic instead you realise how much it was complementing the original recipe.

This new version is a more mellow vape, still sweet and rich but the vanilla classic is not so bold which allows the RY4 Double to stand out more

Think it's to early to tell which I prefer as I have tasted after a shake and vape ...gonna leave both to steep for a week then taste again ....they are very similar obviously, but at this early stage I still prefer the original mix for its complexity it's like the flavours are all trying to come to the front and confuse your senses lol... let's see how steeping develops both of these

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I was cleaning out my steep drawer and there was this lonely 30ml bottle in the back corner, just kinda sitting there like, "I wish someone would vape me...".. So I says, no problem little buddy let's see what ya got.. I looked at the label and I made this about 18 months ago. It was somewhat of a variation of RP's RY4, very similar, but subbed out one or two flavors because I didn't have the exact ingredients at the time... I figure what the hell, I'm gonna try it. Let me tell you, it was freaking fantastic! I couldn't believe it. A year and a half old vape and it was just unbelievable. Unfortunately I have a taste for the stuff now so no bottle I ever make will go that long again, unless I make like a 55 gallon drum of it. Needless to say I finished that bottle up in about 2 days which is quick for me... Got 3 more steeping away now. Hopefully I will forget about them but I doubt it.

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey you all. I have question about substitutions on this recipe. I am a brand new mixer and wanted to try this recipe, but realized I did not order a staple, FA Madagascar Vanilla! I have Inawera Shisha Vanilla. What do you think I would need to change as far as ratios to give this vanilla a try?

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey you all. I have question about substitutions on this recipe. I am a brand new mixer and wanted to try this recipe, but realized I did not order a staple, FA Madagascar Vanilla! I have Inawera Shisha Vanilla. What do you think I would need to change as far as ratios to give this vanilla a try?

You wouldn't happen to have Inawera Vanilla Classic would you? That one would be a closer match but if not I suspect Shisha Vanilla be be fine too at the same percentage.

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You wouldn't happen to have Inawera Vanilla Classic would you? That one would be a closer match but if not I suspect Shisha Vanilla be be fine too at the same percentage.
Thanks for the input!

No I don't. I can't believe I left off FA Vanilla! It will be in my next order. I used the Shisha Vanilla at the prescribed ratio. I haven't tried it yet. Figured I would let it steep a few days first. Made a 30 ml bottle for now. I still have a crap load of store bought "premium juice: to vape thru.

Thanks for the input!

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The vanilla used in this recipe is FA Vanilla Bourbon, not FA Madagascar (Vanilla Classic)

I had the vanilla bourbon, but thought the Shisha might work. I will know in a few days, Rocket Puppy changed the mix for this recipe, He changed out the Vanilla Bourbon for Madagascar Vanilla.

Last edited:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think over on ELR Rocket Puppy had stated, use any vanilla you like, just had a preference for the classic vanilla. Could probably use a longer steep than a few days, I do 2-3 weeks. I just spent 3 days in the hospital stealth vaping this recipe in the bathroom on a naut 2 tank.....it's great! Thank you RP!

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an adaptation of this in the steep cabinet that should be coming out into the rotation soon I think since it was mixed at the end of June.

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think over on ELR Rocket Puppy had stated, use any vanilla you like, just had a preference for the classic vanilla. Could probably use a longer steep than a few days, I do 2-3 weeks. I just spent 3 days in the hospital stealth vaping this recipe in the bathroom on a naut 2 tank.....it's great! Thank you RP!

I sampled my mix tonight. It is far different than all of the syrupy premiums I have been vaping. It is a little dense right now. I hope with a couple weeks of steeping it will come alive.

Hi from Portugal, i know that this is the new recipe:

RY4 double TPA 5%
Caramel FA 0.5%
Vienna Cream FA 0.5%

but i don't have Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) from FA and i want to try at least the first recipe with Vanilla Bourbon, the problem is that my Vanilla Bourbon and Caramel are TPA, what percentage should i use? i tried the same percentage and i don't like of the flavour, it's much different FA vs TPA? could be my problem, please help it was my first DIY :(
I also have Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (CAP), Bavarian Cream (TPA), Vanilla Custard (TPA), Vanilla Swirl (TPA) and Sweet Cream (TPA) if its best for this recipe than Vanilla Bourbon (TPA)

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi from Portugal, i know that this is the new recipe:

RY4 double TPA 5%
Caramel FA 0.5%
Vienna Cream FA 0.5%

but i don't have Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) from FA and i want to try at least the first recipe with Vanilla Bourbon, the problem is that my Vanilla Bourbon and Caramel are TPA, what percentage should i use? i tried the same percentage and i don't like of the flavour, it's much different FA vs TPA? could be my problem, please help it was my first DIY :(
I also have Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (CAP), Bavarian Cream (TPA), Vanilla Custard (TPA), Vanilla Swirl (TPA) and Sweet Cream (TPA) if its best for this recipe than Vanilla Bourbon (TPA)
TFA/TPA flavors are weaker than FA. I would try both the TFA Vanilla and Caramel at 1 to 2%. Better yet, try to find someplace to get FA. They are made in Italy.

Thanks, but i'm a beginner and already purchase some flavours now i have to try them before buy more, so i should use TPA Vanilla Bourbon (1%-2%) and TPA Caramel Original (1%-2%), the others flavours i have none is best to use than Vanilla Bourbon and more close to Madagascar (Vanilla Classic from FA)?

Last edited:

jpasint

Member For 4 Years

Yes...yes...I know...it's been done so many times. Since I quit smokes, Ry4s are the only flavor combinations I don't get sick of after a few hours, so of course, I'm always on the quest for a great one. Since I started diy, I've easily mixed several hundred different versions of my own and others' recipes, with varying percentages, trying for perfection, and I wish I could say that in sarcasm. This one is indistinguishable from all the rest out there, but it just had something that clicked with my palette. This is almost identical to @wllmc's Ry4.

Click the pretty green for where to buy

5% ........
Perfumers Apprentice - RY4 Double Flavor
0.2%......Perfumers Apprentice - Acetyl Pyrazine 5% PG
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Vanilla Bourbon
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Vienna Cream
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Caramel

For other flavor suppliers beyond what is linked above, click HERE.

RocketPuppy, I know this is an old thread but I was curious if you have any advice to make your recipe into a menthol version.
I kinda of liked Vapor Shark's double menthol juice when I first started vaping.

Thanks.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
RocketPuppy, I know this is an old thread but I was curious if you have any advice to make your recipe into a menthol version.
I kinda of liked Vapor Shark's double menthol juice when I first started vaping.

Thanks.
You're more likely to get a response from RocketPuppy over at E-Liquid-Recipes. RP hasn't been seen here in over two years. She does respond over there to comments on her recipe.

Not that it is something I would do as I'm not much into menthol vapes, but go ahead and try adding a small amount of the menthol of your choice to a small bottle of RP RY4. It might be great for you or it might not, you won't know until you try.

jpasint

Member For 4 Years
You're more likely to get a response from RocketPuppy over at E-Liquid-Recipes. RP hasn't been seen here in over two years. She does respond over there to comments on her recipe.

Not that it is something I would do as I'm not much into menthol vapes, but go ahead and try adding a small amount of the menthol of your choice to a small bottle of RP RY4. It might be great for you or it might not, you won't know until you try.
Thanks.

VU Sponsors