Become a Patron!

RSST problems

CookieMonster225

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To make this short: I ordered 3/32 steel rope for wicking on my rsst. Wrapping with 400 mesh. What size screwdriver should I wrap with. I was thinking 3mm. I think 3/32 is something like 2.38mm. Advice?

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Going off memory as its been a while I think the rsst wick hole is like 3.3 or 3.4 right? Im pretty sure I used to use a 1/8" drill bit which is like 3.1ish mm. Hope that helps.

CookieMonster225

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also, anyone know if it will wick with only the ss rope, no mesh?

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you need the mesh. if not you will have gaps around the rope with no juice hitting the coil. You might also try cotton and cellucotton they work great for genny's.

CookieMonster225

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, it's just so finicky. When I get it right it's awesome, but I hate having to rebuild and rewick. I'll have to give the cotton a try.

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you vape it every day as in your go to device? The cellucotton(rayon) is great because it does not break down like cotton does after 3-4 days. I have cellucotton builds that last weeks unless its a really dark juice and even then it just gunks the coil itself and not so much the cellucotton.

Rope and mesh you can dry burn to clean but frankly it took just as much time when I was using as it would be to rip the cellucotton out, dry burn and put a new piece in. I use cellucotton just for the wick durability. japanese cotton and cellucotton wick and taste about the same to me and the cellucotton was %13 out the door at sallys which I would wager you have local for 500'.:) Both japanese cotton and cellucotton wick and taste better than organic cotton balls FYI.

CookieMonster225

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I actually just ordered Japanese cotton. I have been using the RSST for about 2 months as my all day device. I take the wick out about once a day to dry burn the gunk off. I'll order some rayon to try out. Sounds easier than the ss rope/ mesh.

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thing you will notice about the rayon and probably the japanese cotton is it should gunk up less because they both wick so well. Just google sallysbeautysupply and use the store locator. Its 44060 cellucotton 100%rayon fibers. I would be shocked if you did not have a sallys local.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If I understand your question right you would roll the mesh tight over the SS Cable-no need for a screw driver

CookieMonster225

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If I understand your question right you would roll the mesh tight over the SS Cable-no need for a screw driver
I was asking about screwdriver size for the coil diameter.

I don't have a sally's locally. Last time I ordered the cellucotton I messed up and got the 10' and it's not rayon.

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah ok gotcha. Ya the 10 is cotton and I do not know how good it is vape wise. You might search threads I swore one or two people were actually shipping out like 5-15 feet of it for the cost of postage which is a pretty good deal just to try some out.

CookieMonster225

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't suggest the 10' cotton. I vaped a few hits and it was kind of harsh. Once I realized it wasn't rayon I tossed it out.

VU Sponsors