Become a Patron!

Rta/rdta for flavor and good clouds?

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Recently I acquired a velocity clone from to become. It's my first rda and I like it but hate having to constantly drip. So I'm thinking rta time. What rta/rdta's give the best flavor? From what I've been reading the griffin is not so good on the flavor so I think I'll be staying away from that. The rdta's are interesting me because they are really easy to wick like an rda. Been looking at the boreas, tf rta/rdta, herakles rta2

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My all time favorite RDTA/RTA is the Ijoy Limitless. This is by far in my opinion the best tank. Amazing Flavor with Hugh clouds. Air flow is so smooth.. The deck is so easy to build on and wick.. Fill system is also so easy but not with a dropper.. Two drawbacks.. Now these drawback are not drawbacks for me but for some they are.. First, You can not do single coil design and second you can not use your own 510 drip tip.. But you can use kennedy drip tips or griffin drip tips but that is an extra expense. Now if you want single coil or be able to use your own drip tip then I would go with the avacodo RTA.. it doesn't have as much air flow but enough.. the deck is not as easy to build on and to clean it you will need to unscrew the 510 pin.. Kinda annoying in my opinion but still gives a good vape.. oh and the fill system is not as good as the limitless. For a bottom tank feed design the boreas RTA all the way.. gives great flavor and clouds. though if you don't wick it perfect it can leak.. But the limitless is my all time favorite.. don't forget the limitless and the Avacodo are both 24mm tanks and the boreas is a 25mm tank so if you don't have a mod that can accommodate them then they will look funny. You should watch some youtube reviews on these tanks.. I recommend Mike Vapes for the reviews he is no bullshit and gives things straight.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The 510 and the single coil don't bother me. I will be doing dual coils any way

Chinamatic

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Can't go wrong with the limitless or the avocado 24. I personally prefer the flavour off the avocado but find the limitless easier to work with. You can also get more hits out of your current setup with the Scottish roll wicking method. I was able to get 15-20 hits with this wick on my velocity.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Noob question, but I watched mike vape s video on the limitless. He tucked the cotton down to the top of the tank. How the he'll does the juice get to the cotton after its down?

Chinamatic

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Noob question, but I watched mike vape s video on the limitless. He tucked the cotton down to the top of the tank. How the he'll does the juice get to the cotton after its down?
If you have a short wick, you will be required to tilt the atty when the juice gets low. I know many use shortened wicks in order to help avoid dry hits and to promote chain vaping. However in my experience, on both the limitless and avocado, I found that length is irrelevant if I just make sure the tails are nice and fluffy. By doing so I haven't had any performance differences between long vs short.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The limitless and the avocado are Genny style tanks.. Basically the cotton lgoes down into the tank section.. with genny style tanks when you take a hit you tilt the tank and the juice hits the cotton and gravity forces the juice into the coil/cotton.. you dont' need to tilt it every hit.. every few it really but by putting the cotton at the top of glass section you get more juice in the tank.. Also they say it wicks better that way but that is the only way I ever did it so don't actually know if it is true that it wicks better that way.. dont' let the system scare you.. I chain vape like a mad man and have never had a dry hit.. it actually works really well.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you have a short wick, you will be required to tilt the atty when the juice gets low. I know many use shortened wicks in order to help avoid dry hits and to promote chain vaping. However in my experience, on both the limitless and avocado, I found that length is irrelevant if I just make sure the tails are nice and fluffy. By doing so I haven't had any performance differences between long vs short.
The main reason for the shortened wicks is capacity, you eat up the already smaller capacity tank's space with the extra cotton. But, yeah tilting/flipping upside down, really not any form of hassle, personally usually I get enough juice touching the wicks just vaping it normally as I don't bend my head down to vape (do people do that?).

Anyways, yeah either of those are great (avocado/limitless), and the Boreas is a great option as well. The 22mm Griffin is still treating me very nicely, great on flavor with the build I have. I'm a fan of the Diablo RTAs I have as well, small, compact, but really pack the flavor.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I chain vape like a mad man and have never had a dry hit.. it actually works really well.
Yeah I have no issues with my 22mm Avocado vaping up a storm, I usually have to stop because the atty is getting hot before the wicking is an issue. That's one thing to know is that these top coil tanks seem to heat up faster on me than the true RTAs, but it hasn't been an issue really, more a sign of how much I like them.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh ok. I get it. That's what I was thinking was you had to tilt it but never actually knew for sure.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I have no issues with my 22mm Avocado vaping up a storm, I usually have to stop because the atty is getting hot before the wicking is an issue. That's one thing to know is that these top coil tanks seem to heat up faster on me than the true RTAs, but it hasn't been an issue really, more a sign of how much I like them.

Lol.. I have the same issue I am forced to stop cause it is getting too hot other wise I might vape myself to death.. ha

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like the tank at the bottom design. Minimizes leaking issues and it's more like an rda... hence the rdta name lol. Been watching videos of the limitless and I think I'm set on that if i end up getting one. My issues now is, My velocity which I'm running a .25 ohm ss claptons build in has less flavor than my herakles plus does.... am I doing something wrong?

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the tank at the bottom design. Minimizes leaking issues and it's more like an rda... hence the rdta name lol. Been watching videos of the limitless and I think I'm set on that if i end up getting one. My issues now is, My velocity which I'm running a .25 ohm ss claptons build in has less flavor than my herakles plus does.... am I doing something wrong?

Can't speak of this.. but if you are sure on the limitless I know ecig.com has it for 19 dollars which is pretty cheap.. Make sure you watch videos on the other attys as you may see things you like about those too.. but the limitless is very much a rda with a tank section..

http://www.ecig.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=limitless

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try the scottish roll, and look at your build. Also if you can jump to fused claptons it makes a world of difference. That should help with flavor.

As for bottom tank and leaking... yes and no, no leaking if kept vertically, but potential leaking if you lay it on the side if you don't wick it right. Personally I scottish roll wick, then basically cut the wick so it just fills the juice holes, no excess at the bottom, just right into those gaps. I have no leaking issues with that thick fluffy scottish roll, but it still wicks the juice very well.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I Scottish rolled my velocity and it didn't seem to make a difference. Still muted flavor. Tons of vapor just not much flavor compared to my herakles. I have a set of fused claptons just haven't out them in yet. So Jerus you just barely tuck the cotton down the juice holes? You don't go all the way to the tank like some people?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I Scottish rolled my velocity and it didn't seem to make a difference. Still muted flavor. Tons of vapor just not much flavor compared to my herakles. I have a set of fused claptons just haven't out them in yet. So Jerus you just barely tuck the cotton down the juice holes? You don't go all the way to the tank like some people?
Not barely, it's barely inside the tank, filling the holes completely, if that makes sense. So just a smidgen of cotton in the tank. You can't see the cotton looking in from the side.

As for performance, what kind of coils are you using? That's where the biggest impact on flavor is made. Filling the chamber is recommended (small little coils sitting in all that space is going to leave a lot of potential left on the table) and if you can do fancy type coils like claptons that give the coil itself some wicking properties that is beneficial as well. For a nice simple build I like 26g parallel coils or better yet zipper coils.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm running the pre made advanced vape supply stainless claptons

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm running the pre made advanced vape supply stainless claptons
Ahh, yeah, that's surprising to hear I'd imagine it'd at least be a bit better, but with that thicker wrap you're going to have some heating concerns. Have you messed with power settings at all? Try cranking that bad boy up a bit and see if that helps? If not I don't really know what to say, no factory coil can come close to what I get from my RDA/RTAs with good coilbuilds even simpler stuff like twisted and parallels but especially something like a fused clapton.

Rummaging around their website THIS is what I'd be grabbing and wrapping up my own coils. I actually have that exact same wire spec build in one of my setups right now.

Trusty_vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Back to the main question though... anyone else have anything to add?

VU Sponsors