Become a Patron!

RTAs flavor and vapor.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Do RTAs put out the flavor and vapor as an RDA? Whats a good RTA? Can u use them on mech mods? Can u run them on high wattages? Ive never owned one but thought it might be convienant. But I dont want to sacrifice vapor and flavor. R there good cloud chasing RTAs?

KoblinV3

Member For 1 Year
This a reply from this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/57wa99/rtas_vs_rdas/

"People are going to say flavor and vapor is better with an RDA compared to an RTA, while in some cases this is true it's not always the case. It really depends on the RDA and RTA you're comparing. I have RTA's that outperform some of my RDA's in comparison to flavor but the RDA in this case will probably produce more vapor and vice versa. I have some RDA's that are more flavorful but have RTA's that will produce more vapor than those RDA's.

What all this really boils down to are a few things. What are you looking for in a device? More vapor? More flavor? A mixture of both? The correlation between flavor/vapor has a lot to do with the amount of airflow as well as a few other things but this is the easiest one to pick out when shopping for something new. More airflow will more often than not equal less flavor but more vapor. Less airflow will produce more flavor but less vapor. There are a few other variants to come into play another being what type of build you'll be throwing into said RDA/RTA. RDA's can be easier to build and wick then most RTA's but I have a few that are just as easy as an RDA. RTA's are best for driving purposes or just filling and vaping away for longer periods of time without worrying about filling up juice but if you don't mind the constant dripping with an RDA then that's not a big deal.

In the end it's really all up to personal preference and what you're looking for in your day to day vape. Let your style of vaping choose what kind of atomizer you look for and not what other's around you are using and you'll have a much better experience with your vape :)"

There are definitely cloud chasing RTAs. I only run flavor chasing single coil parallel builds on single 21700 mods though so I only have experience with the flavor chasing single coil ones. I love my Coppervape Skyline though.

I want to get another RTA that's more airy though. I like a RLH but that's pretty damn restrictive. The flavor is as good as my RDAs with the exception of the Hadaly and a few others. The advantage though is that spitback is a lot less likely with an RTA. My parallel builds don't have any spitback in general but if you oversquonk badly it can happen. My suggestion would be try both. Get some that are highly well rated and decide for yourself what you prefer. I basically agree with what's in quotes as far convenience goes.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
The question was for my wife not me. I only vape at home and am happy with an RDA. She drips and drives and only uses 1 flavor. I thought an RTA wud be better for her.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get her a Reload or a Dead Rabbit...... Smooth air flow and flavorful.... Very attractive and will not leak ... Never ever leaking.....
Dead Rabbit
The Reload
05f46de376807443ba187352ce47f496.jpg
cc122c164d78ed39553fc208e888169d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
This a reply from this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/57wa99/rtas_vs_rdas/

"People are going to say flavor and vapor is better with an RDA compared to an RTA, while in some cases this is true it's not always the case. It really depends on the RDA and RTA you're comparing. I have RTA's that outperform some of my RDA's in comparison to flavor but the RDA in this case will probably produce more vapor and vice versa. I have some RDA's that are more flavorful but have RTA's that will produce more vapor than those RDA's.

What all this really boils down to are a few things. What are you looking for in a device? More vapor? More flavor? A mixture of both? The correlation between flavor/vapor has a lot to do with the amount of airflow as well as a few other things but this is the easiest one to pick out when shopping for something new. More airflow will more often than not equal less flavor but more vapor. Less airflow will produce more flavor but less vapor. There are a few other variants to come into play another being what type of build you'll be throwing into said RDA/RTA. RDA's can be easier to build and wick then most RTA's but I have a few that are just as easy as an RDA. RTA's are best for driving purposes or just filling and vaping away for longer periods of time without worrying about filling up juice but if you don't mind the constant dripping with an RDA then that's not a big deal.

In the end it's really all up to personal preference and what you're looking for in your day to day vape. Let your style of vaping choose what kind of atomizer you look for and not what other's around you are using and you'll have a much better experience with your vape :)"

There are definitely cloud chasing RTAs. I only run flavor chasing single coil parallel builds on single 21700 mods though so I only have experience with the flavor chasing single coil ones. I love my Coppervape Skyline though.

I want to get another RTA that's more airy though. I like a RLH but that's pretty damn restrictive. The flavor is as good as my RDAs with the exception of the Hadaly and a few others. The advantage though is that spitback is a lot less likely with an RTA. My parallel builds don't have any spitback in general but if you oversquonk badly it can happen. My suggestion would be try both. Get some that are highly well rated and decide for yourself what you prefer. I basically agree with what's in quotes as far convenience goes.
U said u had the Hadaly. I just purchased the coil art dpro. Its a double coil rda that is supposed to vape like the Hadaly. Its supposed to arrive today. Do u know anything about the dpro? Ots supposed to be for flavor with restrictive airflow.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Get her a Reload or a Dead Rabbit...... Smooth air flow and flavorful.... Very attractive and will not leak ... Never ever leaking.....
Dead Rabbit
The Reload

That
Dead Rabbit
The Reload

Y
Dead Rabbit
The Reload
Dead Rabbit
The Reload

Looks like it might be a good option.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That

Y

Looks like it might be a good option.
The Reload is very sophisticated, but man it's also beautiful ! My main 2 at this time..... I prefer both of them over The Fatality......
a349c40277c4b71229de62d2da90587d.jpg
985b3ce56228fae8373240df3e6bdc02.jpg
593a045a8eaa6ea8544d7ed1318302a7.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I looked at them, but that little latch makes me nervous......

I'm liking The Reload.... And The Rabbit.......
36d168b438e903bd84d3893078aa49b7.jpg
d4dbdcb2f7f5e492933d2ee3d898dc4c.jpg

Unless you like drop it on the cap while open or something, I can't see a problem, but of course it's up to you. It's just that you have like 3 million RTA's (maybe 4) and I was really interested in what you thought. :)

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 42 Rta's and 12 Rda's.... so when I buy anything it has to be better than the ones I use now.....

I followed Anthony on Reddit back in July and we spoke about the lotus, he told me he liked it, but very similar in build to The Reload....

I'm loving The Reload, but really loving The Dead Rabbit...... It doesn't leak and no condensation..... Excellent flavor..... it's really good.....

The Modfather it's good too, but a grease monkey.... Always oily and messy tank.......
8a73de446b1a9faa9f848c5b24b786f7.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavor and vapor...Right here... The Reload...... Ask Rocco
d932e956ad68a0840fe4fc816822ea30.jpg

VU Sponsors