Become a Patron!

RX2/3 Display Not Working Help

DMA

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is day 7 with my new RX2/3 and went to grab it for a pull and the screen is completely blank as if it doesn't have power. It still vapes just no screen at all.

I tried to check if it was in stealth mode but it's not, or I'm doing it wrong.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Is there a simple fix I just couldn't find in a google search?

I sent Wismec a email to see what they suggest.

DMA

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A local store in my area. Should I take it back to them?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is day 7 with my new RX2/3 and went to grab it for a pull and the screen is completely blank as if it doesn't have power. It still vapes just no screen at all.

I tried to check if it was in stealth mode but it's not, or I'm doing it wrong.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Is there a simple fix I just couldn't find in a google search?

I sent Wismec a email to see what they suggest.
How did you check it is in stealth mode?
hold down fire and up and down arrows at the same time for a few seconds it takes then it will read stealth on or off

DMA

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I read the manual and it says hold the fire button and the down button. I've tried holding the fire button with each up and down button speratley and fire with up and down together and still nothing

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I read the manual and it says hold the fire button and the down button. I've tried holding the fire button with each up and down button speratley and fire with up and down together and still nothing
Nope I just tested it for you its fire and up and down at the same time you have to hold it until you see the change its around 4 - 5 seconds

DMA

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks MrScayZ. I tried that and still nothing. I tried with the unit on and off.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks MrScayZ. I tried that and still nothing. I tried with the unit on and off.
There is something else you can try have you flashed that firmware yet?
If not its easy as pie I have had this happen on my original Rx 200 and a reflash of the firmware fixed it.. If its not stealth mode being odd then it could be the screen just took a crapper

Reactions: DMA

XEVU

Equal Opportunity Offender
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn. I got mine, RX 2/3, Thursday and it did this exact thing today. I've tried everything mentioned here.
Got mine from myfreedomsmokes.com I plan on calling them in the morning.

I'm not a feather plucker or a feather plucker's son but I'll pluck a feathered pheasant until the feather plucker comes.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Damn. I got mine, RX 2/3, Thursday and it did this exact thing today. I've tried everything mentioned here.
Got mine from myfreedomsmokes.com I plan on calling them in the morning.

I'm not a feather plucker or a feather plucker's son but I'll pluck a feathered pheasant until the feather plucker comes.
Yeah, I would reach out to them and find out what they will do about it. Last time I had any issues with stuff from them it was an easy fix, I contacted them and they sent me replacements. I don't remember if I had to wait until they got the defective stuff back or not tough, and it's been a couple years, so things may have changed since then.

HTH!

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dunno. I'm certainly not knocking MFS. I've bought all.of my hardware through them for the last few years. I blame Wismec for putting out a crappy product even though all of the reviews I watched seem to have glowing reports.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Dunno. I'm certainly not knocking MFS. I've bought all.of my hardware through them for the last few years. I blame Wismec for putting out a crappy product even though all of the reviews I watched seem to have glowing reports.

I don't have a 2/3 yet, but I do know quite a few folks that do and none of them have had any problems. I haven't really looked into it yet, are they known for probs with this mod?

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evidently everything I've seen has more to do with quality control and can be fixed with a little solder. I just don't want to spend the cash and then have to Crack it open and solder the insides myself in less than a week. The 2 most common problems that I've found are the display and a connection with the battery that comes loose. Both can be fixed seemingly easily.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evidently everything I've seen has more to do with quality control and can be fixed with a little solder. I just don't want to spend the cash and then have to Crack it open and solder the insides myself in less than a week. The 2 most common problems that I've found are the display and a connection with the battery that comes loose. Both can be fixed seemingly easily.

I have the whole line all of them I have had no problems you just got a bad unit or one of the keys is stuck and you cannot get out of stealth mode its something to this effect.. If you have flashed the firmware again just to make sure and its still doing it them its bad.. I myself would go the extra step and blow some electronic cleaner through it ..

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I emailed MFS. They are shipping me a replacement and a return mail for this unit. Great guys!

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I emailed MFS. They are shipping me a replacement and a return mail for this unit. Great guys!

Glad to hear you got it sorted out quickly!

I had this exact same issue after 3 days. It has taken a little over 3 months but it sounds like they are now going to send me a replacement.

I talked with my shop and it sounds like most of them were defective. This shop has 9 or 10 locations and Wismec sent out a different batch with no explanation of the issue. The shop doesnt want to bad mouth any products but I got a bad vibe about Wismec beyond the product I had fail...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors