Become a Patron!

Rx200 "device too hot" help!

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My RX 200 worked fine for a while but now anytime I use it, it gets really hot and then goes to device too hot and wont let me vape. Ive cleaned the contacts, and updated firmware. Any suggestions before i chuck it in the trash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My RX 200 worked fine for a while but now anytime I use it, it gets really hot and then goes to device too hot and wont let me vape. Ive cleaned the contacts, and updated firmware. Any suggestions before i chuck it in the trash?

Try different batteries,?!

VAPE ON

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm. My batteries work fine in all my other mods, but I guess 8 could try that.

Ding

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You are charging 3 same same batteries in an extrnal charger correct.May be worth a shot. take out the batteries if still in it, and press the fire button for 10sec. put in the batteries,fresh batteries and it should be gone.If the heat is in front and removing battery cover and batteries are cool to touch,chipboard sounds faulty

idjekyll

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

What batteries are you using?

martin

Member For 4 Years
in my opinion the rx200 battery life is shorter than it should be example 3 x lg mj01 3500mah per cell [genuine]
1.5 ohm gs coil
10watt
16 hours vape time approx
i do chain vape but feel it is not right

martin

Member For 4 Years
yea you are right lgmj1 but i am drawing less than 3amp lg is the only batteries i use nowadays its the same with my lghe4 and they are all married and 3-4 months old it just does not add up. i can go all day with 2x 2600 mah on the pico which is half the mah.the diffrence is not trivial its massive.fuck knows whats going on with the rx200

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
From what your saying it does sound like something in the mod is getting hot. Bummer, If you going to trash it maybe open it up and see if anything looks shorted.
I have a few Joyetech chipped mods and they all have suspect 510 connectors. Good luck

martin

Member For 4 Years
i have 2 rx200 both doing the same since new 3-4 month old not used a lot i use 7 mods beginning to convince myself im harder on them more than i realise lol

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great design but Wismec cheaped out on a few critical things.

1. Shitty 510 pin
2. Insulator around the pin
3. Wiring, they use 18 gauge

I found a guy who does a good upgrade for $65. VT 510 V4 deck, replaces the insulator around the deck and replace the wiring with 16 gauge

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors