Become a Patron!

RX200 question.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys! I'm new to this forum, been a member of another forum like this one for years, thought I'd sign up for this one too! Anyways, on with my question.

So I'm considering buying an RX200 mod, and I'm looking at all the different types of batteries I could potentially use with it. My question is, does the RX200 keep you within a safe limit for wattage depending on your batteries? Or can you actually put your watts too high and vent a battery? If I were to theoretically put the watts as high as they can go with 20A batteries, is there safety that won't allow that? Or can you actually over shoot the wattage? Thanks guys! Look forward to some good responses! :D

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
http://www.wismec.com/product/reuleaux-rx200/
Cell type: Three 18650 cells (discharging current should be above 25A)
I would say no... you need to put the appropriately rated matching cells in the mod.

I run Samsung 18650 25R5 cells (all bought at the same time and "married") in mine. I have my cells uniquely identified (Letter and Number, AB1, AB2, AB3) so I can always tell which cells belong together and I also rotate the cell position in the mod after each recharging in my Nitecore charger.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://www.wismec.com/product/reuleaux-rx200/
Cell type: Three 18650 cells (discharging current should be above 25A)
I would say no... you need to put the appropriately rated matching cells in the mod.

I run Samsung 18650 25R5 cells (all bought at the same time and "married") in mine. I have my cells uniquely identified (Letter and Number, AB1, AB2, AB3) so I can always tell which cells belong together and I also rotate the cell position in the mod after each recharging in my Nitecore charger.

What is the highest safe wattage you would wanna go with 3 Samsung 25R5 batteries? Also, do ALL batteries die at 3.2v? Can the rx200 over drain a battery? Thanks so much for your reply! Helps me more than you know! :D

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can limit the watts you use and use lower amp batteries...Link to how to figure it out

I will never go above 100W with mine and 15A batteries are more than enough for my needs
Is it an actual setting on the device to limit the watts to what you know you need? Or just a mental note. I know how to find the amp draw for a battery, just wondering if the device itself has a wattage limitation function. Thanks!

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Buy batteries from a reputable places, they list the stats and are accurate(for the most part)
The mod doesn't limit it, I do. And I also don't use the mod for TC and that makes things easier, 0.3Ω is the lowest I build and I enjoy that between 45-65W

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Buy batteries from a reputable places, they list the stats and are accurate(for the most part)
The mod doesn't limit it, I do. And I also don't use the mod for TC and that makes things easier, 0.3Ω is the lowest I build and I enjoy that between 45-65W

Are all batteries supposed to only be drained to 3.2v at the minimum? Or are they all different?

EDIT: I'm looking at the Samsung 25R batteries, and they say the cutoff is 2.5v. Does this mean it could go that low before being on the verge of over discharging?

Last edited:

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What is the highest safe wattage you would wanna go with 3 Samsung 25R5 batteries? Also, do ALL batteries die at 3.2v? Can the rx200 over drain a battery? Thanks so much for your reply! Helps me more than you know! :D
Battery specifications:
Max. continuous discharge current: 20A
Safe pulse discharge ratings: 95A < 0.5 sec, 65A < 1 sec, 40A < 5 sec, 30A < 6 sec
Nominal capacity: 2,500 mAh
Nominal voltage: 3.6 V
Discharge end voltage: 2.5 V
Charging voltage: 4.20 +/- 0.05 V
Standard charging current: 1.25 A

Most regulated Mods will limit discharge level to around 3.2V. However, I have seen it documented that discharging to that lower limit will impact the cells effective life span. I typically recharge my cells when they have been discharged to nominally 3.6V (3.5V-3.7V).

I have used my RX200 with a 0.11 Ohm SS build at 150W. Honestly, I have no desire to go higher because the vapor at that wattage, with the RDA I was using, was quite hot!

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Battery specifications:
Max. continuous discharge current: 20A
Safe pulse discharge ratings: 95A < 0.5 sec, 65A < 1 sec, 40A < 5 sec, 30A < 6 sec
Nominal capacity: 2,500 mAh
Nominal voltage: 3.6 V
Discharge end voltage: 2.5 V
Charging voltage: 4.20 +/- 0.05 V
Standard charging current: 1.25 A

Most regulated Mods will limit discharge level to around 3.2V. However, I have seen it documented that discharging to that lower limit will impact the cells effective life span. I typically recharge my cells when they have been discharged to nominally 3.6V (3.5V-3.7V).

I have used my RX200 with a 0.11 Ohm SS build at 150W. Honestly, I have no desire to go higher because the vapor at that wattage, with the RDA I was using, was quite hot!
So all in all it's best to just not let your batteries get to 3.2v. Does this mod warn you a bit before or do you have to keep checking the levels? I'm just looking for a good first regulated mod and the rx200 caught my attention lol

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It doesn't warn you other than the battery charge level indicator. I observed the voltage levels of the cells when I put them in my Nitecore D4 charger and correlated that to the battery charge level indicator. On mine (I have two), it is around 1 bar remaining. Supposedly you can read the individual cell voltages by turning the RX2000 off then press and hold all three buttons to get a readout. Mine did not give me accurate voltages on the cells. You will want to watch/observe the individual cell voltages as they age. Typically mine are usually the same nominal voltage (+/-0.02V). That's why I like a charger that reads/displays the voltage of the cell when you put it in to charge. If you don't have a charger that does that I would recommend getting a digital volt meter that reads to the 0.01 volt level and check the cells manually.

I love my two RX200 but I really like the display on the RX200s! I do not recommend recharging the cells in the Mod (or any Mod for that matter). I recommend that you get a four bay charger that has a digital readout. Also, if you have the cash, I would recommend that you get six cells so you can have three cells charged and ready when you deplete the ones in the Mod.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It doesn't warn you other than the battery charge level indicator. I observed the voltage levels of the cells when I put them in my Nitecore D4 charger and correlated that to the battery charge level indicator. On mine (I have two), it is around 1 bar remaining. Supposedly you can read the individual cell voltages by turning the RX2000 off then press and hold all three buttons to get a readout. Mine did not give me accurate voltages on the cells. You will want to watch/observe the individual cell voltages as they age. Typically mine are usually the same nominal voltage (+/-0.02V). That's why I like a charger that reads/displays the voltage of the cell when you put it in to charge. If you don't have a charger that does that I would recommend getting a digital volt meter that reads to the 0.01 volt level and check the cells manually.

I love my two RX200 but I really like the display on the RX200s! I do not recommend recharging the cells in the Mod (or any Mod for that matter). I recommend that you get a four bay charger that has a digital readout. Also, if you have the cash, I would recommend that you get six cells so you can have three cells charged and ready when you deplete the ones in the Mod.

Awesome thanks!

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
IIRC the RX200 cuts off at 3V, but when the level gets below half way I usually pop em on the charger. Usually 3.5V is where they are at when I put them in the charger

VU Sponsors