Become a Patron!

RX200 shows 3/4 charged and it says "Weak Battery" even at 30watts

cloudniners

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My RX200 has 3 LG HE4's in it.... whenever i'm at 30 watts or above.. it will show "Weak Battery" even though it's nearly.. or completely full charge...

Without an atty.. it displays 3.30volts on below the ohms meter...

I turned it off and pressed all 3 buttons to take a look at the battery voltage individually...

i've gotten 3.91 3.69 3.82 on the screen...

Is this a problem with my mod or my batteries?

BTW, i've charged my batteries via USB.... i don't wanna get a charger and eventually find out it's a malfunction with my mod

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like you have bad or unmarried batteties..... the issue is that low voltage battery... start with a new fresh set.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I will add that even if it is a problem with the mod those batteries have not been balance charged and can not be considered married.

cloudniners

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can i charge each cell with a single battery box mod? (Subox Mini)
Would it be considered married if i charge them all to full individually in my Subox Mini?

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Can i charge each cell with a single battery box mod? (Subox Mini)
Would it be considered married if i charge them all to full individually in my Subox Mini?

I don't understand why you won't Get a battery charger but I suppose that would be better than charging them in an rx200.

cloudniners

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also... could it ever be a problem with my mod?
It seems highly unlikely to me.. but can there be any form of damage that can lead to such issues?

Once all the batteries are at the same voltage and are "married" can i charge them in my RX200?

I think the RX200 will charge all 3 batteries as if it was one... so if i discharge and charge them together in my RX i should be fine?

cloudniners

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't understand why you won't Get a battery charger but I suppose that would be better than charging them in an rx200.

I'm not really into investing in a charger just to find out that it doesnt really solve the issue with my mod....

(which might be the case.... or as HondaDavidson pointed out... i might need new batteries since the batteries are low voltage batteries which may explain the full battery bar but the inability to fire over 30 watts)

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm not really into investing in a charger just to find out that it doesnt really solve the issue with my mod....

(which might be the case.... or as HondaDavidson pointed out... i might need new batteries since the batteries are low voltage batteries which may explain the full battery bar but the inability to fire over 30 watts)

You create the problem by charging in the mod the issue is well documented.

cloudniners

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will be charging them individually in my Subox... and testing it again...
If the problem persists... i will go and swap out all the batteries for new ones

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you are going to vape and you are going to use 18650 batteries, do yourself a big favor and buy a good charger. The only mods on the market with reliable multi-battery charging is the DNA board from evolv. Other than that, you are taking a chance with batteries that are capable of blowing your face off. IMRBatteries.com sells chargers for very good prices.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

cloudniners

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you buy new batteries and charge them in the mod the same thing will happen over and over until the board fails and lights on fire. Do not charge in an rx200.

I'll get a 4 slot charger soon..

I guess the RX would not charge 3 batteries as if it were one.... it takes balanced batteries and turns them unbalanced after a charge

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'll get a 4 slot charger soon..

I guess the RX would not charge 3 batteries as if it were one.... it takes balanced batteries and turns them unbalanced after a charge

It is incredibly dangerous to use these mods with imbalanced cells. When it goes wrong it will go very wrong. I hope you consider this and take it far more seriously.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
RX200 doesn't do balanced charging. It sees the pack as one battery. Chargers are cheap https://liionwholesale.com/collecti...bay-li-ion-battery-charger?variant=1306357444
If the mod doesn't show each battery at 4.2 volts after charging there not balanced. That said it's not uncommon for mine to show battery #2 Lower than the rest after vaping for a while no matter which set I have in it. The biggest reason people blow up is from doing what they want instead of what's correct.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i will add that i have charged batteries externally to 4.2 for the set. in every case where a mod reports battery voltages there is about aa .3 to .6 variance between the cells in the mod verse what i know them to be charged at. with certain devices and aftermarket firmware i can adjust for this variance and have a battery last longer and drain more accurately but in all cases i would rather charge externally. i grabbed a 6 bay and a 2 bay bot can charge at 1/a per cell if i am in a rush but for longevity i charge at .5 a

cloudniners

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Would love to see the RX200 back in action..

Thanks for all the help guys... The community here is absolutely awesome as hell

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also... could it ever be a problem with my mod?
It seems highly unlikely to me.. but can there be any form of damage that can lead to such issues?

Once all the batteries are at the same voltage and are "married" can i charge them in my RX200?

I think the RX200 will charge all 3 batteries as if it was one... so if i discharge and charge them together in my RX i should be fine?

Were the batteries purchased at the same time? As you can't take batteries, get them fully charged, and then marry them together if they haven't been together from the start.

The RX200's display for batteries is always off on mine slightly. For a mod that uses 18650's, always factor in the cost of a charger if you don't have one, and a set of batteries on top of the mod.

There could be an issue with the mod causing this, but I am very certain it is not the cause here.

cloudniners

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Were the batteries purchased at the same time? As you can't take batteries, get them fully charged, and then marry them together if they haven't been together from the start.

The RX200's display for batteries is always off on mine slightly. For a mod that uses 18650's, always factor in the cost of a charger if you don't have one, and a set of batteries on top of the mod.

There could be an issue with the mod causing this, but I am very certain it is not the cause here.

Batteries are from a friend.. pretty old batteries.. beat up too...

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You will get a big voltage drop when you first fire the mod and old batteries or unbalanced batteries will go below cut off long enough to trigger the error code.

cloudniners

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You are using second hand, used, old, beat up batteries and can't figure out what the source of the problem is? :facepalm: :gaah:

I suspected that was an issue.. that's why i made this thread... to confirm my suspicions..
I had a slight reasonable doubt though

My RX200 has 3 LG HE4's in it.... whenever i'm at 30 watts or above.. it will show "Weak Battery" even though it's nearly.. or completely full charge...

Without an atty.. it displays 3.30volts on below the ohms meter...

I turned it off and pressed all 3 buttons to take a look at the battery voltage individually...

i've gotten 3.91 3.69 3.82 on the screen...

Is this a problem with my mod or my batteries?

BTW, i've charged my batteries via USB.... i don't wanna get a charger and eventually find out it's a malfunction with my mod

I had the same issue and i thought its the batteries,.but try this method and it should be ok.

VU Sponsors