Become a Patron!

RX200S Firmware update June 13th

stmtpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw that yesterday but ignored it thinking it was the software only and not the device firmware. Guess I was over thinking it.

I've not tried it yet.

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
It has the updater and the .bin file. The .bin is labeled as 4.0 so I have to think it's just the original as that's what came on mine.

Maybe they're getting ready for an actual update?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It has the updater and the .bin file. The .bin is labeled as 4.0 so I have to think it's just the original as that's what came on mine.

Maybe they're getting ready for an actual update?
Well, maybe we finally will get the 250W upgrade, as they made for the prior RX200.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I saw that yesterday but ignored it thinking it was the software only and not the device firmware. Guess I was over thinking it.

I've not tried it yet.
the Software IS the Firmware for these devices, they just call it software because they updated their website lately and probably changed naming a bit for categorization purposes, it is weird though that they did not include a changelog in that page.

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Looks to be the original firmware...I imagine that they would do this so when they offer an updated firmware you would have the original to fall back on if needed or desired...

Just a guess though!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks to be the original firmware...I imagine that they would do this so when they offer an updated firmware you would have the original to fall back on if needed or desired...

Just a guess though!
It's possible that they provided the original Firmware, due to people uploading the RX200 Firmware to their RX200S.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's not making any difference as far as I can tell since I installed the firmware.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No there was just a link for the RX200S. It worked and easily just that I don't think it's anything but the software that comes standard with it so far. There is an "S" version firmware though. PRobably not anything not already included out of the box though.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have an RX200S getting ready to ship so I will be following this thread.

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I ran the "update" as well and it's still version 4.0 --no changes that I can notice.

I will have to assume that it's there in case anyone needs to reflash to the original (as well as for when an update is released).

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I noticed older versions this morning also listed in case you want to roll it back.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
no man its for the new S model. google it it's somewhere on the wismec.com site but no links are there. I"ll find you the url if I have time

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
it's been established that it's not any update just the original firmware so far that it comes with

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The 4 versions including the older versions is for the RX200 and not the RX200S. I posted the links for easy reference.

I wish the RX200 had software like the eScribe for my DNA instead of just firmware updates. The Device Monitor is a very nice tool.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The 4 versions including the older versions is for the RX200 and not the RX200S. I posted the links for easy reference.

I wish the RX200 had software like the eScribe for my DNA instead of just firmware updates. The Device Monitor is a very nice tool.
Well, that is why the DNA200 costs 4 times as much as the RX200, you get what you pay for :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't see why someone doesn't come up with a freeware or shareware version for an RX200.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't see why someone doesn't come up with a freeware or shareware version for an RX200.
It is not that easy, the software will require a significant amount of work and development time, and would need the involvement of the manufacturer in order to interface with the chip, all these costs will need to be reflected on the price of the product which will make it not as competitive as it is now, the business model of these mods is to provide 95% of the core functionality vapers need at a fraction of the cost, besides most people don't like using complicated software and be required to have a PC around to configure and tweak their vape, they need something simple that just works great out of the box at a low price point, and this is what the RX200 delivers

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is not necessary to use a PC to configure a DNA. If you want to use the advanced functions and have up to 8 Power profiles you use the software. But not necessary to use TC/VV/VW on a DNA.

Do you have a DNA?

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I understand, but if the RX200 gets such software, it's price will have to at least double which will not be attractive to most people, those who desire such functionality will pick the DNA variant

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I have a Reuleaux DNA 200w right now and I will have my RX200S is a few days so you can be assured I will be looking for software solutions and investigating all the nuances of the RX200S.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you have a DNA?
Was going with the VaporShark DNA200 and then decided it is too expensive for my taste, besides i did not find the EScribe functionality absolutely necessary to justify the price.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Without taking the price into consideration the functionality and versatility of the software and the Device Monitor are amazing. Plus if you do some price shopping, find a sale and a coupon or discount code the price can be much closer than a $100 difference.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I have a Reuleaux DNA 200w right now and I will have my RX200S is a few days so you can be assured I will be looking for software solutions and investigating all the nuances of the RX200S.
The thing is that such software solution does not exist at all for this device or any other joyetech-board device, no need to waste you time looking for one, you would have to live with whatever is available on the mod itself.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The thing is that such software solution does not exist at all for this device or any other joyetech-board device, no need to waste you time looking for one, you would have to live with whatever is available on the mod itself.

I appreciate your trying to save me time looking but I still will look because I am the type of person who does not accept what is stated by others until I prove it to myself.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Without taking the price into consideration the functionality and versatility of the software and the Device Monitor are amazing. Plus if you do some price shopping, find a sale and a coupon or discount code the price can be much closer than a $100 difference.
I've recently picked up a few Hcigar VT133's (DNA200) for under $80 a piece. I also saw a Hotcig DX200 for under $60. Deals are definitely out there if you look around.

As to an equivalent to Escribe, one doesn't exist. Thankfully no one has figured out a way to rip off Evolv yet when it comes to that.

Cheers,
Steve

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I appreciate your trying to save me time looking but I still will look because I am the type of person who does not accept what is stated by others until I prove it to myself.
I would be interested to know though how much you feel the RX200 is giving you the vape you want compared to the DNA200 variant after having used it for a while, and if the lack of Escribe functionality is actually that much limiting to having an enjoyable vape.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well Vapomizer for that we will have to wait on Vape Mail and give me time to run it through some testing. According to reviews I have watched the 2 are compatible and some reviewers said to get the same vape you need more power on the RX200 versus the DNA.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did you know there is custom firmware for an RX200?
This firmware only gives you the ability to do trivial non-functional stuff, like changing the font, or adding a custom logo etc ... but it does not come any close to doing things like allowing you to monitor the device, or add profiles or any of that advanced stuff.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This firmware only gives you the ability to do trivial non-functional stuff, like changing the font, or adding a custom logo etc ... but it does not come any close to doing things like allowing you to monitor the device, or add profiles or any of that advanced stuff.

Yes, you are correct but if I accepted there is nothing out there I would not have found it so far.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would be interested to know though how much you feel the RX200 is giving you the vape you want compared to the DNA200 variant after having used it for a while, and if the lack of Escribe functionality is actually that much limiting to having an enjoyable vape.
He's only comparing it to a Reuleaux which out of my 9 DNA200 mods is my least favorite. Joyetech/Wismec cut every corner possible to keep costs down, just like all their mods. Wiring that makes 2lb test ultra light fishing line look beefy. No reverse battery protection daughter board, instead mechanical rings that could double as ginsu knifes (on your battery wrappers). Let's not forget, possibly the worst 510 connector in the industry. It's my first and last Joyetech mod. In case you haven't figured it out I'm not a big joyetch fan.

Cheers,
Steve

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Product Introduction
The RX200, a new version of Reuleaux series, designed by JayBo, still features the use of three removable 18650 batteries and reverse polarity protection. However, the new and powerful chip has a maximum output of 200 watts and advanced temperature control functions including Titanium, Nickel and Stainless Steel modes. The upgradeable firmware and vibrant color options separate this from the rest.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are you talking about no reverse battery protection?
I was talking about Joyetech/Wismec using the ridiculous mechanical reverse battery protection rings instead of a daughter board for reverse battery protection that Evolv recommends for DNA200 mods that use 18650's (batteries other than Lipo packs). My whole post was about the DNA200 Reuleaux that you say you also own.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The things you are stating sound like old information with the RX200 and not the RX200S

From the Wismec Website
Stainless Steel Thread and Spring Connector: The exquisite stainless steel spring loaded 510 connector makes the device much wear-resisting and adaptable.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He's only comparing it to a Reuleaux which out of my 9 DNA200 mods is my least favorite. Joyetech/Wismec cut every corner possible to keep costs down, just like all their mods. Wiring that makes 2lb test ultra light fishing line look beefy. No reverse battery protection daughter board, instead mechanical rings that could double as ginsu knifes (on your battery wrappers). Let's not forget, possibly the worst 510 connector in the industry. It's my first and last Joyetech mod. In case you haven't figured it out I'm not a big joyetch fan.

Cheers,
Steve
They are usually targeting the low-end budget aware market with their devices, i would honestly never buy a device from Joyetech & Co. that costs more than $30-$40 since they only have a few months of life expectancy before you would need to buy a new one, and their 510 definitely doesn't do justice to the DNA200 board, i wish i could have the Hotcig for $60-$80 here in Europe but with import tax, VAT etc .. DNA prices here are more than insane, they go for €200 and above, that is the price of a decent smart-phone or a mid-range graphics card :D

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The things you are stating sound like old information with the RX200 and not the RX200S

From the Wismec Website
Stainless Steel Thread and Spring Connector: The exquisite stainless steel spring loaded 510 connector makes the device much wear-resisting and adaptable.
That is not old info. the Wismec DNA200 does not have a reverse-battery protection chip, they only started adding that in the latest iteration of the RX200 board and the 510 was and still the worst in the industry regardless of what Wismec's site says :)

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If i remember correctly the RX200S has a reverse battery protection chip added to the board, the RX200 (without S) and the Wismec DNA200 do not have that, the Wismec DNA200 is providing that protection by using plastic rings to prevent you from placing the batteries in an incorrect orientation but that is about it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I believe you are correct and with the DNA it is "almost" impossible to create a dead short or reverse polarity. But given the chance I am sure it could be or already has been done.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've owned every single variant of the Wismec RX200. Including the S and the DNA. Solid mods but I've found devices I like much better That don't need 3 18650's.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So @Spyg0at what are those devices? An inquiring mind would like to know.....
Boxer DNA200, Lavabox DNA200 and my Sammy Gordon DNA200.

A3911DFE-7F75-42F9-BA5B-B7BC76031087_zpsyxvrvzgi.jpg

I like my DNA's

VU Sponsors