Become a Patron!

Ryuu's Lemon Meringue Pie

Kohaku Ryuu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I've finally made something worth sharing, and man is it good! This is an authentic Lemon Meringue Pie, with a sweet gram crust.

i'm vaping this on the 528 customs Goon with a dual-coil build at .13 ohm and at 72 watts.

2% TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust
1% FA Cream Fresh
4% FA Lemon Sicily
1% FA Meringue
4% CAP Sugar Cookie
4% CAP Vanilla Custard V1

The key is in using Cheesecake Graham Crust with Sugar Cookie. The graham crust adds the texture of the crust, and adds some body to the Meringue, and the sugar cookie adds flavor and makes the crust pop more. It doesn't come across as a cookie, but more as a sweet graham cracker crust.

The vanilla custard adds a good weight to the whole recipe, and the fresh cream helps hold down the egg flavor from overpowering the whole profile. Meringue was a no-brainer, and the lemon sicily comes through without being too sharp and tart.

Over all, this vapes really smooth, and has just the right amount of sweetness. It really needs about 3-5 days steeping time, because the crust flavors are a little gritty/ cardboard texture. But, after a little steep, that texture fades and out comes a very distinct crust flavor on the exhale.

The inhale is a nice sweet meringue with a touch of lemon, and the hold gives you a nice tart/tangy lemon filling.

It all comes together for a nice balanced recipe without any added sweetener. You could probably add a little EM if you wanted. May balance the crust a little better

Well, it's a great vape using common flavors, mix up a batch and let me know what you think!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for sharing! On the to be mixed list this weekend. I really like your descriptions of what each flavor contributes to the recipe, that helps newer mixers in figuring things out.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The key is in using Cheesecake Graham Crust with Sugar Cookie.

Very good idea, never tried this combo before, but is does make sense as both are great flavors anyway.

If you have to steep longer than a week the Lemon Sicily may fade some although 4% might be enough to compensate for fading.

If it's a problem just mix up the base without Lemon Sicily and steep for longer.
Then add the Lemon later...

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Very good idea, never tried this combo before, but is does make sense as both are great flavors anyway.

If you have to steep longer than a week the Lemon Sicily may fade some although 4% might be enough to compensate for fading.

If it's a problem just mix up the base without Lemon Sicily and steep for longer.
Then add the Lemon later...
I learn so much here. Wish I could remember it all.

Kohaku Ryuu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks guys! I'm gonna let this set up for another week or two, and taste every so often to see how it steeps over time, and see when it's best. It's very vape-able at about 5 days, but as was pointed out, i'm sure it's only going to get better with time!

Kohaku Ryuu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
everyones millage varies also. I dont wait for custard to steep I like caps V1 fresh

Ya, honestly, wllmc is right here. This taste exactly how I wanted it to taste a week in, I'm going to still let some of it steep for science, but just because some flavors "require" a steep, doesn't mean you can't use their unsteeped flavors to achieve a profile.

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This looks delicious. Never thought I'd like a Lemon Meringue vape until I tried HIC's years ago. At the time I thought I'd never need to try another - but now I'm really looking forward to trying a fresh take at it!

Will mix up next week hopefully!

Thanks for sharing!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I also love HIC's Lemon Meringue Pie!
Ryuu's Lemon Meringue Pie day 3 of steeping, couldn't wait anymore so I sneaked a bit. It's delicious, yum, yum! Thanks @Kohaku Ryuu ! Will update after day 5 to see if it changes much, if there's any left :D

Kohaku Ryuu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's delicious, yum, yum! Thanks

This looks delicious. Never thought I'd like a Lemon Meringue vape until I tried HIC's years ago. At the time I thought I'd never need to try another - but now I'm really looking forward to trying a fresh take at it!

Thanks guys! Been about a week and a half now, and the flavors are holding up. The lemon has died down just a little, but still very good, and the crust is very smooth now. All and all, great after a week, and I don't think it's going to get more accurate to what I want to achieve as is. I'm going to mess around with the percentages a bit and see where I can tweek the flavor to round out the edges a bit.

Anyway, whenever you guys mix this up, let me know what you think! I'm open to criticism, so if there is something you would like changed about the taste or texture, let me know! Can't say i'll cater to everyone, but i'm open to ideas.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I mixed up some last Saturday. I'll let it age until this Saturday and let you know. Thanks for the recipe!

VU Sponsors