Become a Patron!

Safe Batteries?

I just got my first mech mod and I'm a little worried about battery safety, I got the limitless mech mod and a Goon RDA. I was going to put in some alien clapton coils that would come out to about a .22 ohm. Are LG HG2 acceptable for this build? If not can you advise some good one? Thank you for any and all help.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well indeed its advertised at 20 amps but the LG HG2 as tested is really only good for 18 amps.

To keep a "Safety factor" in mind i wouldnt actually run a battery at its max capabilities in the first place ...internal battery heat would be pretty bad in this case as its working to its max potential all the time.

Build slightly higher at say .25 to .27 range to give you some head room for improved safety and a little less battery heat.

Consider the LG HB6 which is a true 30 amp battery for very good safety at the ohms you are using but do expect a little less use before needing a recharge as the mah is a bit lower...i think these are 1800mah.

Or maybe the Sony VTC4 which is rated at 28 amps and less than $5 a piece at liion wholesale...these are 2000mah

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Well indeed its advertised at 20 amps but the LG HG2 as tested is really only good for 18 amps.

To keep a "Safety factor" in mind i wouldnt actually run a battery at its max capabilities in the first place ...internal battery heat would be pretty bad in this case as its working to its max potential all the time.

Build slightly higher at say .25 to .27 range to give you some head room for improved safety and a little less battery heat.

Consider the LG HB6 which is a true 30 amp battery for very good safety at the ohms you are using but do expect a little less use before needing a recharge as the mah is a bit lower...i think these are 1800mah.

Or maybe the Sony VTC4 which is rated at 28 amps and less than $5 a piece at liion wholesale...these are 2000mah
the VTC4 is only a 23 amp battery. the VTC5a is a better option at 25 amps and 2500mah

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ooops..indeed it is 23 amps.:oops:
basically for me

I only use dual mods under 150 watts and use samsung 30Q batts. for my triple and quad mods i use sony VTC5a. for testing mods I use the HB6 for duals and the VTC5a for triple and quads

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ive only got vtc4 and HG2's in service..i dont really go below .25 unless its slightly below by default but shoot for .25 in any case...im rarely over 50 watts on anything i use tank or rda wise. My LG's get used in my regulateds and the sonys in mech mods..single or dual battery.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ive only got vtc4 and HG2's in service..i dont really go below .25 unless its slightly below by default but shoot for .25 in any case...im rarely over 50 watts on anything i use tank or rda wise. My LG's get used in my regulateds and the sonys in mech mods..single or dual battery.
the resistance doesn't matter for regulated mods it's just the wattage. if your vaping at 50 it's more then safe for any good 20 amp battery

VU Sponsors