Become a Patron!

Safe on a Hybrid?

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Petri 24 RTA has a protruding 510 pin, but looking at my other attys it seems shorter. Also the insulator doesn't wrap around the head of the 510 pin, only the threading. I was hoping anyone who is familiar this tank could tell me if it's safe to use with a hybrid top cap.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have a picture you could show us? As you may think there is not enough, and there is, or vice versa. Also how you mention the insulator makes me feel a bit uncomfortable- it could be perfectly normal, but as you have said about it I gather it must seem different to your other RDA's.

As has been said a good 1.5MM or so is always good, and dented batteries can be a big problem with hybrid style mods. You may have a fair bit protruding, but if dented it could still short.

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you have a picture you could show us? As you may think there is not enough, and there is, or vice versa. Also how you mention the insulator makes me feel a bit uncomfortable- it could be perfectly normal, but as you have said about it I gather it must seem different to your other RDA's.

As has been said a good 1.5MM or so is always good, and dented batteries can be a big problem with hybrid style mods. You may have a fair bit protruding, but if dented it could still short.
Do you see what I mean about the insulator? It doesn't come out and wrap around the 510 pin. The back of the pins head lays against it. I just measured it and it's only protruding 1mm.
75450c0c597270ffa38b9665ca395bbb.jpg
51d93df7ab97f8014640001a49ffe56f.jpg
e29782c32b446923009b9f926965bcf8.jpg
2862ed1b1aaabd92b73c453615c8e6aa.jpg
7e0d88a6fb5fd46e9e776c9c513c2fdb.jpg

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yeah it has an adjustable 510 pin it should be good to use on a hybrid. you want the pin to stick down below the 510 connnector by at least 1.5 mm..
Ok I thought the 510 pin was supposed to be tight to hold the deck in place and make a good connection to the positive section. Do I just unscrew it until it is 1.5mm?

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yeah it has an adjustable 510 pin it should be good to use on a hybrid. you want the pin to stick down below the 510 connnector by at least 1.5 mm..
I just measured a bunch of my 510 pins and none of them stick down 1.5mm. They are all just barely over 1mm. I measured my ammit, baby beast, pulse 24, freemax fireluke, kylin, troll rta, pharaoh rta, and my wake rta.

So one of 3 things must be true. Either I can't measure, 510 pins that are acceptable on a hybrid are few and far between, or 1.5mm isn't accurate. What are your thoughts?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just measured a bunch of my 510 pins and none of them stick down 1.5mm. They are all just barely over 1mm. I measured my ammit, baby beast, pulse 24, freemax fireluke, kylin, troll rta, pharaoh rta, and my wake rta.

So one of 3 things must be true. Either I can't measure, 510 pins that are acceptable on a hybrid are few and far between, or 1.5mm isn't accurate. What are your thoughts?

in some attys the pin can be adjusted down and in some they cannot be...you just take a screwdriver and back off the screw until it is a comfortable distance away from the connector.....I have sometimes taken the pin out and slipped another non conductive washer around the pin and put it back into the atty and cinched it down tight the extra washer kept the pin a safe distance down.

Last edited:

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
in some attys the pin can be adjusted down and in some they cannot be...you just take a screwdriver and back off the screw until it is a comfortable distance away from the connector.....I have sometimes taken the pin out and slipped another non conductive washer around the pin and put it back into the atty and cinched it down tight the extra washer kept the pin a safe distance down.
Awesome thank you. Are these washers something you purchased or made? Where did you get them or how did you make them? I really like the sound of those.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome thank you. Are these washers something you purchased or made? Where did you get them or how did you make them? I really like the sound of those.

I just went to the hardware store...there's a good one in my nieghborhood.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Dude your petri is just fine. Maybe back the fucker out A smidge. Other than that, my rule is so long as it's a screw like most that not flush like sub ohm tanks it's alright. They don't make many atomizers specifically for hybrids and there are a fair amount still being manufactured, and most companies especially manufacturing rebuildables keep this in mind.

God bless you fudgeyfinger

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors