Become a Patron!

Safe settings for dual coil setup

slim95x

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a dual coil build, (12 wraps kanthal) reading out at 0,7 ohm on a evic vtc dual using VTC 4's. Drawing around 10A of power. What wattages are safe for it, or should i not worry, as my mod has inbuilt protection (hopefully) ? :giggle: Cause right now im using around 70-ish watts.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No problems. Pick a wattage that gives you a pleasurable vape. If you want to try a higher wattage, go for it. Go up in increments of 5W and see where you end up. I'm a little surprised you are Vaping a 0.7 ohm build at 70 watts. Seems like that would be a hot vape. But I don't know what tank you are using.
Just because you have a device that can vape 150 watts, doesn't mean you need to go higher. Many of us have devices that can vape at over 200W but we are happy Vaping under 100W.

slim95x

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No problems. Pick a wattage that gives you a pleasurable vape. If you want to try a higher wattage, go for it. Go up in increments of 5W and see where you end up. I'm a little surprised you are Vaping a 0.7 ohm build at 70 watts. Seems like that would be a hot vape. But I don't know what tank you are using.
Just because you have a device that can vape 150 watts, doesn't mean you need to go higher. Many of us have devices that can vape at over 200W but we are happy Vaping under 100W.
Its an aspire RDA, from the aspire quad flex kit. I don't know the PG/VG ratio of the juice, but i'm guessing its around 60/40. The only thing i'm worrying about is that i might go too high and damage my mod or my RDA, but i guess the mod safety should kick in if any problems arise.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a dual coil build, (12 wraps kanthal) reading out at 0,7 ohm on a evic vtc dual using VTC 4's. Drawing around 10A of power. What wattages are safe for it, or should i not worry, as my mod has inbuilt protection (hopefully) ? :giggle: Cause right now im using around 70-ish watts.
Any wattage the mod will fire is safe....

unless you have a battery rated at less than the amperage drawn...which you don't.

Fwiw that amperage will not be based on the coils ohm but rather the wattage desired and voltage supplied..... Watts Law. Not Ohms law..... with a regulated mod the ohm rates don't really matter.... too low the mod doesn't fire too high you don't get max wattage or it doesn't fire.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A regulated mode will only fire a SAFE build......

Electrically speaking. ......

It can burn you at less than 1 watt......... it can also supply an overdose of nicotine at that same wattage...... theoretically..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your box is regulated. Don't worry about venting the batteries, as long as you follow basic battery safety precautions, your batteries won't vent. Your box acts kinda like a ground fault interruptor in household electrical applications. If the current goes to unsafe levels, the protection kicks in and cuts off the flow of power through the firing circuit. The box's display will then display a message like "Atomizer too low" or something to that effect. It's mech mods and unregulated boxes you have to watch out for. And the vape shop should tell you if a box is unregulated, as I'm sure they don't want to be responsible for someone hurting themselves. My friend's vape shop makes you sign a waiver when you buy an unregulated device and even goes as far as to ask questions to make sure you really know what you're doing, and you're not some random Joe Blow that's going to end up yet another casualty.

Just use identical batteries, watch for corrosion on the terminals and check on the wrapping periodically, and you'll be fine.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors