Become a Patron!

Safe to reuse plastic juice bottles?

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive searched a bit on this question but can't find a definitive answer, so I offer a preemptive apology if this is hashed over and over and I just missed it. Is it safe to reuse this type of plastic bottle over and over? Im not as worried about flavor leeching as much as plastic molecules (or whatever) leeching into the juice itself; or whatever other possible dangers might exist.

Ive been reusing this type of bottle for years now but Ive always wondered if it was an issue, or if there was a consensus in the DIY community to not do this and I just never saw it.

This type is what I'm referring to, as found at BCF and other sites:

30ml_Dropper_Bottle__85819.1392004749.jpg

Thanks for all input!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ive searched a bit on this question but can't find a definitive answer, so I offer a preemptive apology if this is hashed over and over and I just missed it. Is it safe to reuse this type of plastic bottle over and over? Im not as worried about flavor leeching as much as plastic molecules (or whatever) leeching into the juice itself; or whatever other possible dangers might exist.

Ive been reusing this type of bottle for years now but Ive always wondered if it was an issue, or if there was a consensus in the DIY community to not do this and I just never saw it.

This type is what I'm referring to, as found at BCF and other sites:

30ml_Dropper_Bottle__85819.1392004749.jpg

Thanks for all input!

Don't know if "safe" or not - but I've been doing it for years also

While I feel plastic is not the safest medium for anything going into the body, glass is not practical for juice in general. Maybe for those that drip, which I don't

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I do it all the time, haven't seen any reason not to.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

No shit: I squonk all day, everyday out of a plastic bottle already

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've been re-using my bottles for years, too. I really don't like glass bottles.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I reuse/recycle plastic bottles but what I have noticed is they are harder to clean if you don't use the same flavor in them. And some extremely strong ones will linger. That is why I prefer glass it is easier to clean. Plastic does have the advantage of easier to dispense.

Have you tried squonking from glass bottles? I haven't tried it, but I heard that it'll save you a ton of money on juice for some reason.

My first Flavorah bottles were glass with drip tips and I was squeezing it for a few minutes before I realized it was glass. I literally laughed out loud because some came in plastic.

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been reusing for years.
I do know that some flavorings will eat your tank .. yet they were just fine in the
squeezable plastic bottle they came in 1205E0~13.GIF
Does that make you feel better ?????????????

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doing it for yrs myself

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for all the replies. I have been doing it for years but it occurred to me one day -- "what if it's just a commonly known thing that you just don't do this, but it was so obvious to people that they never mentioned it..."

Also, I never saw a straight answer in my (admittedly short) search on google.

VU Sponsors