Become a Patron!

Safety check

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone. I just got my first mech and I have a few questions to make sure that I am not about to do anything dangerous.

The mod that I got is the Maxo Zenith by Ijoy. It is a triple 18650 with 2.7v-6.2v knob. I just built my RDA and it ohms just a little lower than I was shooting for at .095
I entered the resistance of my build and the voltage I would like to use into my ohms law calculator and it says that I will be pushing 33.68 amps if I run at the desired 3.2v I am wondering if this will be too much strain on my batteries. I have VTC6's that Mooch rates at 20A continous. That means that I am really rated for 60A, right? I really hope it works that way.

Also, this mod says that it will run as low as .03 ohms. I usually don't build below .1 but just for curiousity sake, is this at all safe to do?

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If they are in parallel no problem. If the batteries are in series then max is 20A (no way you should go below a 0.63 Ohms, mechanical Mod speaking). I'm going to look into this Mod to give you a specific answer. I've never seen a mech mod with adjustable voltage.

It's not a Mech Mod. Max amps is 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If they are in parallel no problem. If the batteries are in series then max is 20A (no way you should go below a 0.63 Ohms, mechanical Mod speaking). I'm going to look into this Mod to give you a specific answer. I've never seen a mech mod with adjustable voltage.

A triple series mod would be just nutz.

If it is parallel, then you have 3x20=60 amps to work with. Don't get your build too hot, try a .12 build, which is a cloud buster in the right RDA.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Use Steam-Engine to calc your coil and check out the Heat Flux to set the voltage.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Build your atty to a max of 6.2V, use the calc above. You will still get some hellatious vapor if built right.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Here is the description from a vendor of the ijoy maxo

Description
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

iJoy Maxo Zenith 300W Box Mod

The iJoy Maxo Zenith Box Mod is a simple to use yet powerful triple battery mod that has a maximum wattage output of 300 watts. The Maxo Zenith features the IWEPAL chipset which is found in the majority of iJoy devices. The standout feature of the iJoy Maxo Zenith is the adjustable voltage lightning knob which allows you to easily adjust your voltage on the fly. The Maxo Zenith utilizes a large tactile fire button that is located on the top of device to power on and fire atomizers. The Maxo Zenith features a classic and durable chassis that is comfortable to hold and carry. The iJoy Maxo Zentih Box Mod requires (3) high amp 18650 batteries (sold separately) and an external charger (sold separately).

Features and Specs:

• IWEPAL Chipset
  • Dimensions: 3-1/2" x 1-15/16" x 1-9/16"
  • Spring Loaded 510 Contact Pin
  • Maximum Wattage: 300.0 W
  • Working Voltage: 9.3V - 12.6V
  • Output Voltage: 2.7V - 6.2V
  • Maximum Output Current: 50A
  • Adjustable Voltage Lightning Knob 2.7 - 6.2V
  • Simple LED Indicator Light
  • Lights Up when Powered On
  • Large Unique Top Fire Button
  • Requires (3) High Amp 18650 Batteries (Sold Separately)
  • Requires an External Charger (Sold Separately)
  • Magnetic Battery Back Cover
  • Low Voltage Alert
  • 10 Second Protection
  • Short Circuit Alert

Its not a mechmod; but, appears to have plenty of built in protection. Just build safe and keep in mind the limits described above.

Happy vaping.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
It’s regulated and not a mech at all.... think of the potentionmeter as a volume dial ...it’s a resistor that reduces the voltage when turned down and increases when turned up

The allowable output voltages the Zenith will use is a range between 2.7v - 6.2v

Got to turn that voltage in what it’s power (wattage) is...the only things you know right now for the output are voltage and resistance

Voltage x voltage / resistance = output wattage

The maximum that board will allow you to go to is 300w correct? Or 50A limit ....In which case 0.13ohns is the lowest you can build to and still have full range of the Potentionemeter

6.2 x 6.2 / 0.13 = 295 Watts

I very much doubt you will be banging this up to 295W it will be bloody hot so adjust to whether you sit the pot for the build you have

Now you know the wattage for the output you can calculate the amp draw on the input

Max watts (you will be vaping at) / number of batteries / low voltage cut off for a single battery (use 3 if unknown) / chip efficiency (use 0.9 if unknown)

295 / 3 / 3 / 0.9 = 36 Amps ish

Let’s do a more sensible pot position on that target 0.13 build you want to vape this at 120 watts

Set it to 4V

4 x 4 / 0.13 =123W

123 / 3 / 3 / 0.9 = 15.19Amps

This is how I do it anyway happy for someone to challenge it if they think this is wrong ;)

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Moved thread to regulated section ....

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It’s regulated and not a mech at all.... think of the potentionmeter as a volume dial ...it’s a resistor that reduces the voltage when turned down and increases when turned up

The allowable output voltages the Zenith will use is a range between 2.7v - 6.2v

Got to turn that voltage in what it’s power (wattage) is...the only things you know right now for the output are voltage and resistance

Voltage x voltage / resistance = output wattage

The maximum that board will allow you to go to is 300w correct? Or 50A limit ....In which case 0.13ohns is the lowest you can build to and still have full range of the Potentionemeter

6.2 x 6.2 / 0.13 = 295 Watts

I very much doubt you will be banging this up to 295W it will be bloody hot so adjust to whether you sit the pot for the build you have

Now you know the wattage for the output you can calculate the amp draw on the input

Max watts (you will be vaping at) / number of batteries / low voltage cut off for a single battery (use 3 if unknown) / chip efficiency (use 0.9 if unknown)

295 / 3 / 3 / 0.9 = 36 Amps ish

Let’s do a more sensible pot position on that target 0.13 build you want to vape this at 120 watts

Set it to 4V

4 x 4 / 0.13 =123W

123 / 3 / 3 / 0.9 = 15.19Amps

This is how I do it anyway happy for someone to challenge it if they think this is wrong ;)

Sounds about right to me given we don't know the characteristics of the control board.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since the specifics on the coil(s) weren't given, I would say start with it around 2V (a hair below, 1.9V) and go from there working your way to getting it dialed in.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Since the specifics on the coil(s) weren't given, I would say start with it around 2V (a hair below, 1.9V) and go from there working your way to getting it dialed in.

Think OP said they were using 0.095?

I would have thought the zenith won’t fire below 0.1ohm so it might be reading it higher and still allowing it to fire

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Or rounding it up and accepting it as 0.1 as far as the limiting circuitry goes. If he were to have provided more info as to the wire type, gauge, inside diameter of coil(s), number of coils, leg length, etc. I could be more comfortable in telling him where to start relative to the heat flux.

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks everyone. I see now it isn't a much at all. I guess I should have looked at the mod before I posted.

Just to clarify though, there is no screen on this mod. I got my coil resistance using ohm meter. Also, it is capable of firing as low as .03 ohm coils, not that I would ever build that low.

Thanks for all the advice, even the advice that seems to have come from people who didnt read my op.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
What is the point in that series 4 banger? Is there any?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Good point? Not sure what it’s got to do with the zenith either

Use it as a prop light saber perhaps? :D

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking it could pack quite a punch both as a vape and up side someone's head.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What kind of build do you have to use to tame that much voltage?
Tiger coils. 28g Kanthal A1 / .3×.1 Kanthal A1 ribbon, dual coil build at .92 ohms, but I don't vape it above 14.5 volts because I tried that and it had an aftertaste that was like burned car tyres... no joke.

tigers2.jpg

VU Sponsors