Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yum! This looks great!!!!

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Inawera Zwei peanut is pretty strong, so I doubled the butter, brown sugar and sweetener and salt.
You could even add 1% more brown sugar, sweetener and 0.25% saline if you wish.

http://tjek.nu/r/wWKN

Not bad as a shake n vape but steeping will definitely improve this.

Thanks for sharing this! I have only made one successful recipe with inw peanuts-- it's a bit difficult, I think. Mine had toasted marshmallow in it, was called, "subway nuts", I think, named after the roasted nuts you buy in the train station. I think it's here on VU and I'll post it on this thread if I can find it and still think (after a couple years) it's worth making. The nice thing about inw peanuts is that it's not musty like other authentic-tasting nut flavors I've tried. FA Nut Mix or even Hazelnut, e.g., i find very dry. I really have to compensate. Not as much with inw peanuts.

--> I've never used saline in any recipe. What do you think it brings here? Is it actually a salty flavor?

I hope you don't mind that I posted the text of your flavors/percentages here. It's mostly for my own reference... If it's an issue I will be happy to delete it--just shoot me a message.
-----------------------------------------------------
Butter Salted Peanut in Brown Sugar by gbalkam ELR

Brown Sugar (TPA) 2.00

Butter (TPA) 2.00

Saline (0.9% solution) 0.50

Sweetener (Sucralose/Maltol) (TPA) 2.00

ZWEI PEANUTS (INAWERA) 0.75
------------------------------------------------------

PS: Just ordered a butter flavor for the first time and looking forward to trying it in this recipe or some variation thereof (that much brown sugar would make me crazy...much too sweet for me, but as we know, different folks... lol :) ) Thanks for the inspiration!

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here is that recipe I mentioned, as originally posted. It looks kind of terrible in retrospect--way too much nut flavor and not enough creams and marshmallow. probably could use sweetener as well--and maybe saline (once I figure out what saline really does in a recipe!). I was feeling very minimalistic at this time in my mixing... also was avoiding all diketones and just feeling very "purist" in my mix mentality, not wanting to adulterate with creams and stuff. A little misguided, maybe.

Roasted Subway Nuts by lirruping

2% inw peanuts
0.5% fa hazelnut
0.5% fa nut mix
0.5% fa walnut
1% tfa toasted marshmallow

To make it stronger,sweeter and creamier, add:

2% tfa Peanut Butter
1% fa coconut

Doing so won't peanut-butterize it, and surprisingly, you won't (or at least I don't) really taste the coconut.

Adding 1% tfa coconut candy knocked it over into coconutty territory, but the peanut/nut mix vibe is still predominant.

I haven't tried this yet, but I think a small amount of fa honey (like, .02%) + 1% fa marshmallow in place of the tfa toasted marshmallow might be even more like the vendor nuts. I'm also thinking about variations on the original (top) recipe that work a little fa torrone and/or fa meringue in there.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The saline does give a bit of salty taste and enhances the other flavors, just like in cooking. Now since it takes over 1400F degrees to liquefy salt, that means the molecules carry pretty nicely while dissolved in your ejuice. I'm experimenting with a concentrated salt/pg solution. (10ml pg, 1/4 tsp salt, heat, stir, cool, remove saturated solution leaving undissolved salt behind.) Of course this will be a trial and error ingredient, since i don't see any on any recipe calculators. I just didnt like the idea of trying to add a more salty flavor and increasing the water in the vape juice to do it, as with 0.9% saline.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@gbalkam, your saline concentrate experiment sounds interesting. If it works well, hopefully you'll say so.

In the peanut recipe you're using a solution of saline + water in PG at 10%? So like, "saline solution" (as for contacts or whatever) plus PG is the ingredient in the current recipe that gives you excess water?

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
@gbalkam, your saline concentrate experiment sounds interesting. If it works well, hopefully you'll say so.

In the peanut recipe you're using a solution of saline + water in PG at 10%? So like, "saline solution" (as for contacts or whatever) plus PG is the ingredient in the current recipe that gives you excess water?
I am actually using sterile medical saline. 0.09% saline in distilled water solution, the amount makes up a % of the total ml of the recipe. In this case 1/2 ml of saline solution. (the excess water will eventually just evaporate out anyway)

VU Sponsors