Become a Patron!

Same problem 2 different mods

Chum

Member For 5 Years
Both my Smok Morph and my Lost Vape Centaurus are having problems staying on. If I "fiddle" with the battery connection they will work. The Centaurus seems a bit worse. I can have freshly charged batteries in it and plug in the USB and it lights up and says low battery and clock error as if it has no batteries at all in it. They both snap shut nice and solid and the batteries are like new. Both these mods sat for a while without being used (with batteries removed). Would cleaning the contacts help at all? What should I clean them with?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think cleaning the contacts may be of help. Suggest using emery cloth as pictured below. You may want to use 70% or higher strength rubbing alcohol in conjunction, though not required.

4543506-0.jpg

Another suggestion might be to use a very sparingly light coating of something like Ox-Gard on the contacts, at times. Don't get Ox-Gard or, any anti-oxidant compounds in your atomizers. You don't want to vape it. Using such compounds will help reduce oxidation of the contacts. It does not need used continually, perhaps a light coat every other month, to three months.

Excuse me, back to lurking about. :)

Last edited:

Chum

Member For 5 Years
Thanks! I have some long q-tip things for the inside contacts and I will use alcohol on them. and I have some Scotch Brite. I will post back results tomorrow.

Chum

Member For 5 Years
Decided to post back the great results now. (I only had access to scotch brite at work). Both mods revovered nicely with just alcohol! The Morph was so touchy if i set it down too hard on a table it would turn off. Now I can tap it on the table with more force and it stays on. The Centaurous works perfect too!!!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Decided to post back the great results now. (I only had access to scotch brite at work). Both mods revovered nicely with just alcohol! The Morph was so touchy if i set it down too hard on a table it would turn off. Now I can tap it on the table with more force and it stays on. The Centaurous works perfect too!!!
Glad to read I've been helpful, at least in a small way.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Maybe you all have solved a problem for me as well. I've been having difficulty with two Aegis Max mods that take 21700 batteries. I find that some 2x700s are very slightly shorter than others, and had decided that if I have a longer battery in a mod for a long time, and then put a shorter one in, sometimes it won't make good connection and the mod won't turn on. What may be happening instead, though, is what you've found here, that the contacts are messy and unless the battery is really pressing almost too hard on the contacts, it doesn't make good enough contact to power the mod up. I shall have to take a second look.

Actually have had this happen on two LV Grus mods, too.

Thanks!

Chum

Member For 5 Years
Maybe you all have solved a problem for me as well. I've been having difficulty with two Aegis Max mods that take 21700 batteries. I find that some 2x700s are very slightly shorter than others, and had decided that if I have a longer battery in a mod for a long time, and then put a shorter one in, sometimes it won't make good connection and the mod won't turn on. What may be happening instead, though, is what you've found here, that the contacts are messy and unless the battery is really pressing almost too hard on the contacts, it doesn't make good enough contact to power the mod up. I shall have to take a second look.

Actually have had this happen on two LV Grus mods, too.

Thanks!
Hope it works for you!!!

Chum

Member For 5 Years
Another thought on nadalama's issue.
Wouldn't it be nice if all the battery companies made their batteries a standard size? I read on some youtube review where a guy gave a "con" to a "high end" mod because the battery door was hard to close with his favorite battery. I commented "it's ridiculous to even mention it. The mod's are a standard size. Maybe you could pay them to retool all their machinery so your batteries would fit?"
Note: nadalama did not criticize the mod for the problem.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A good craftsman never blames their tools. -- Ibid

“Excellence is the Result of Caring more than others think is Wise, Risking more than others think is Safe, Dreaming more than others think is Practical, and Expecting more than others think is Possible.”
― Ronnie Oldham

VU Sponsors