Become a Patron!

Same Voltage Different mAh

So I've got an RX200 that I ran with 3 18650 batteries for a month or so and never encountered any issues other than battery life. All of them are 3.7 volts but one is a 3000mAh 2800mAh and 2500mAh. Just wondering how close I was to a hand grenade?

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Can lead a Mule to water but can't make the Mule to drink it...

Never run different model batteries in a married set for any mod.

Married set = Same model, Same Brand, Same Mah, Same CDR, bought together, used together, charged together, never cheating on the others, the set stays with their matching mates, until death do they part.

Whoever gave or sold you that mod and batteries needs a good baseball bat upside the head to get their attention.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Whoever gave or sold you that mod and batteries needs a good baseball bat upside the head to get their attention.
To bad it was probably purchased online. Wouldn't want the OP to take a baseball bat to his computer or smartphone. ;)
And if OP did purchase online, they failed to read the BIG BOLD WORDING at the bottom of most product details.

Please Note: Batteries must be matched in brand, model and battery state at all times. Discharge and recharge batteries within the same grouping of three. Failure to do so may result in injury. Never use damaged or improperly wrapped batteries with this device.
http://www.vapordna.com/Wismec-Reuleaux-RX200-200W-Box-Mod-Jay-Bo-Designs-p/rx200w.htm

So --- who gets the baseball bat ? :D

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
To bad it was probably purchased online. Wouldn't want the OP to take a baseball bat to his computer or smartphone. ;)
And if OP did purchase online, they failed to read the BIG BOLD WORDING at the bottom of most product details.

Please Note: Batteries must be matched in brand, model and battery state at all times. Discharge and recharge batteries within the same grouping of three. Failure to do so may result in injury. Never use damaged or improperly wrapped batteries with this device.
http://www.vapordna.com/Wismec-Reuleaux-RX200-200W-Box-Mod-Jay-Bo-Designs-p/rx200w.htm

So --- who gets the baseball bat ? :D
While every site I buy my stuff from has those warnings, I'm betting every single site that sells vaping gear doesn't

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The real danger in this situation is running the smaller of the 3 down below 2.5 volts.

VU Sponsors