Become a Patron!

San Francisco, flavored vapes, and the next prohibition disaster

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In the 4th paragraph from the bottom, it says this: 'A study published last week examining the possible impact of a ban on all flavored tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, concluded such a ban would "likely reduce the smoking/vaping rates, but the use of cigarettes would be higher than in the status quo."'

To which any sane person would reply with a resounding "DUH!" But the first part of that is the crucial part: including e-cigarettes as TOBACCO PRODUCTS!

THAT is the fucking problem, because they are NOT tobacco products!!!!!!!

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Andria

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sadly, it seems to have passed with 68% voting Yes.
Yes indeed it passed...and further vindicated the realization that the American left ,has gone totally off the rails, and are stupid,ant-science,and morally bankrupt....they also once again voted for Fienstien..under the dellusion that voting for an 84 year old hag with more money than God is some how...progressive.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I was watching a Budweiser ad on TV the other day. I hope their orange and lime flavored beer doesn't attract CHILDREN.....fucking lunatics.
i saw a bud ad that had all the bottles popping their top and then showing graduates throwing their caps. This ad was to celebrate graduation
but high schoolers graduate and its not legal for them to drink, so in my mind Bud was trying to endorse undersage drinking. I found the entire ad distasteful. But it was aired multiple time son major networks and that is ok. I mean that ad targeted youth more than any other ad I have seen in recent history

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So pretty much the death blow for vape shops in SF.
Either move outside the boundary zone or close.

I expect that people in the impacted area can still order flavored vapes online or bring them in for use from outside the impacted area...
There will be some black market type activity I am sure. Always is where there is money to be made.

But yes overall quite sucky.
Good opportunity for a few DIY shops though....
offer DIY classes and sell the ingredients but no finished product.
Customers can DIY in the shop pay for the ingredients and take home their product.

Last edited:

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
<shrug> They could also just DIY themselves - but that means more work and less bling/flash.

otoh, they could hire more illegals and use bathtubs.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There will be some black market type activity I am sure. Always is where there is money to be made.

I already told my son that the juice I sell for .50/ml to his friend, if the FDA bans flavored ejuice completely, will become $2/ml. So either he'll have to learn how to do DIY himself, or get new cashflow from somewhere. Or, if I can't even buy flavors anymore, I guess we'll all go back to smoking. :facepalm:

Andria

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I may have said this here before, but it warrants saying again. When I was a teenager it seemed like every delinquent and loser in the state would go to California to get a fresh start. I suspect it went on in many states. So, for the last 50 some odd years the country has sent its misfits to California. Is it any wonder the place is so weird?

When I went in the Air Force my flight was 45% New Englanders, 45% Californians and 10% Southerners. We couldn't stand the boys from CA, they thought we were the biggest group of assholes they had ever met, and the good ol' boys thought we were all jerks. It still makes me smile when I think about how fucked up we all were.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I may have said this here before, but it warrants saying again. When I was a teenager it seemed like every delinquent and loser in the state would go to California to get a fresh start. I suspect it went on in many states. So, for the last 50 some odd years the country has sent its misfits to California. Is it any wonder the place is so weird?

When I went in the Air Force my flight was 45% New Englanders, 45% Californians and 10% Southerners. We couldn't stand the boys from CA, they thought we were the biggest group of assholes they had ever met, and the good ol' boys thought we were all jerks. It still makes me smile when I think about how fucked up we all were.

I first encountered New Joysians when I was in the AF... who taught me FUCKIN AAAAAAAY! And they really do say "terlet". Damndest accent EVER.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Liberals are dumb, no matter where they are from. California just has an overabundance of them. And they seem to be spreading like noxious weeds.

It's the belief in fairy tales like "free money." Too bad the ANTZ never got the fairy tale "The Emperor's New Clothes," they apparently think that just because you say something is true, that makes it so (such as e-cigarettes being tobacco products!). E-cigarettes are NOT tobacco products, and that emperor is buck nekkid, no matter what they say to the contrary.

Andria

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Legalize , worship illegal aliens. But you cant make a decision of what to put in your own body. The west coast in general has gone to the 7th level of hell. The slave masters will not be happy there until they are micro managing every part of every person. Expect social ratings before long. Look it up.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
worship illegal aliens

I read that as "worship aliens" the first time - and it still made enough sense that I didn't doubt it

I keep trying to imagine the "logic" behind this deal...the claim that flavored products attract children...the fact that tobacco products and e-cigarettes are already only legal to sell to 21+ there...

This is just me, but I started smoking by taking cigarettes from my mom or other older relatives. My point is that this is a parenting issue with regards to underage vaping - yet the vast majority affected by this ban will be adults. San Francisco messed up big time - and another instance of the danger of letting the majority vote on an issue that affects a minority (vapers).

Hnnnnnnng stop policing morals and personal choices!

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I read that as "worship aliens" the first time - and it still made enough sense that I didn't doubt it

I keep trying to imagine the "logic" behind this deal...the claim that flavored products attract children...the fact that tobacco products and e-cigarettes are already only legal to sell to 21+ there...

This is just me, but I started smoking by taking cigarettes from my mom or other older relatives. My point is that this is a parenting issue with regards to underage vaping - yet the vast majority affected by this ban will be adults. San Francisco messed up big time - and another instance of the danger of letting the majority vote on an issue that affects a minority (vapers).

Hnnnnnnng stop policing morals and personal choices!

You made your first mistake of trying to use logic in this. There is nothing logical about it. If you want to add it up correctly use the BTK Killers formula and square it by the color Z.

Trying to get parents in this day and age to assume responsibility for their shitty kids is part of why all of this is happening. Parents are so lazy now they would rather let some unseen boogeyman be responsible for their failures as parents, than address the core issues and raise their children to not be the next generation of boomers and hippies. Even if it means they themselves have to live in a cage to avoid responsibility. Its disgusting.

It goes like this:

"My kid started smoking. I didn't fail at parenting, someone else failed because my purse could be accessed without a key" Then they sue the purse maker, win and now the purse maker backs legislation to require purse locks so they don't get sued again. Its a perpetual cycle of victim hood and consequences.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Solution... Learn to DIY!!! ...or buy your juice through mail order.

I very much doubt ANY juice company will GAF about some petty, unenforceable
municipal regulation. They'll still ship to San Fran.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
The end game is China style control over citizenry.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Nope,wrong analysis...the beatniks, the hippies, the just plain wierd folks are not responsible for this, on the contrary they have started alot of the bussinesses in Califronia..massive immigration both legal and illegal is responsible for this.Califronia is a beachhead for immigrants most of them from the third world..peniiless and uneducated, these people rely on the generous welfare system of California as well as the ward healing, and race baiting benifits the DNC provides for them. there is a massive exodus out of California of Americans.Immigrants are told to vote Democrat to keep the welfare train rolling,as well as American welfare queens flocking to California for the same benifiets....if you want to see what the rest of America would look like with open borders,chain migration, and liberal policies for phony-refuggees .....look at California.Look at the DNC of today...they are fighting harder,spending moire time and energy, and doing more for illegal aliens than they have ever in the history of America,done for the American working class...why..because they care?....LOL, because they are stuffing the ballot boxes with the votes of immigrants...it's the only way they could ever win an election, they are not an American political party.Since 1965 immigration has not been a national policy for the DNC..it has been an industry.

Last edited:

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So pretty much the death blow for vape shops in SF.
Either move outside the boundary zone or close.
Never bet against the entrepreneurial spirit. I've heard that there are shops who assumed this would pass, who already have short-filled bottles of unflavored liquid and separate 0-nic "flavor shots" ready to go.

What really surprises me is that nobody is screaming, "That's Racist!" about this whole thing, because it also bans menthol cigarettes.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What really surprises me is that nobody is screaming, "That's Racist!" about this whole thing, because it also bans menthol cigarettes.
And what is racist about menthol cigs?
Does it also ban flavored smokeless tobacco? If so that is is very antiredneckism.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ZYJh90K.jpg

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never bet against the entrepreneurial spirit. I've heard that there are shops who assumed this would pass, who already have short-filled bottles of unflavored liquid and separate 0-nic "flavor shots" ready to go.

well Oakland is just across the bay, and until the hipsters figure out what straight sex is, or gentrify us out of the city.. we will still sell all the good stuff.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does it also ban flavored smokeless tobacco? If so that is is very antiredneckism.
you need to crawl out of your holler once in awhile Cletus.

"Local opponents of Prop. E include Shan Richard, the vice president of the San Francisco NAACP, David Goldman of the Brownie Mary Democratic Club, and a man named Ismail Karajah who in the ballot pamphlet said a ban on flavored tobacco is “insensitive to many Middle Easterners who have used hookah as part of their cultural practices for centuries.”

Miriam Zouzounis of the Arab American Grocers Association told the Examiner during a recent editorial board meeting that banning menthol cigarettes threatens the livelihoods of corner markets across The City."

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Well dude .........somebody has.

"Local opponents of Prop. E include Shan Richard, the vice president of the San Francisco NAACP, David Goldman of the Brownie Mary Democratic Club, and a man named Ismail Karajah who in the ballot pamphlet said a ban on flavored tobacco is “insensitive to many Middle Easterners who have used hookah as part of their cultural practices for centuries.”

Miriam Zouzounis of the Arab American Grocers Association told the Examiner during a recent editorial board meeting that banning menthol cigarettes threatens the livelihoods of corner markets across The City."

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope,wrong analysis...the beatniks, the hippies, the just plain wierd folks are not responsible for this, on the contrary they have started alot of the bussinesses in Califronia..massive immigration both legal and illegal is responsible for this.Califronia is a beachhead for immigrants most of them from the third world..peniiless and uneducated, these people rely on the generous welfare system of California as well as the ward healing, and race baiting benifits the DNC provides for them. there is a massive exodus out of California of Americans.Immigrants are told to vote Democrat to keep the welfare train rolling,as well as American welfare queens flocking to California for the same benifiets....if you want to see what the rest of America would look like with open borders,chain migration, and liberal policies for phony-refuggees .....look at California.Look at the DNC of today...they are fighting harder,spending moire time and energy, and doing more for illegal aliens than they have ever in the history of America,done for the American working class...why..because they care?....LOL, because they are stuffing the ballot boxes with the votes of immigrants...it's the only way they could ever win an election, they are not an American political party.Since 1965 immigration has not been a national policy for the DNC..it has been an industry.

That makes me sad, honestly.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That makes me sad, honestly.
look at what the major political parties of europe are doing to their people...they are displacing them with immigrants.and forcing the people to pay for their own destruction....the agenda is the same here. mass immigration is not a mandate from the people..it is a globalist policiy being forced down the throats of the people at the threat of violence from the state...look at what is happening to Tommy Robinson in England.

VU Sponsors