Become a Patron!

Santa brought me the new V8 Arctic tank

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Chappy there is no "epic news" about the new snake, hive & tiger coils, they work for me but understand i dont chain vape. On the clapton V4 .2 it did get hot when i first used it, and once it was primed a little i was hitting that at 100 watts like i mentioned for quite a few tokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Chappy there is no "epic news" about the new snake, hive & tiger coils, they work for me but understand i dont chain vape. On the clapton V4 .2 it did get hot when i first used it, and once it was primed a little i was hitting that at 100 watts like i mentioned for quite a few tokes.

Awh man. That's unfortunately. And I went to my local vape shop to get it. There are two different SS coils they have.

VS1p6Dv.jpg

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I seem to gravitate to the clapton V4 alot, .2 How do you like that one. Thats the one that initially was hot, but if i pick it up and vape a few 100 watt pulls its cool as a cucumber

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
See the shop i ordered my V8 stuff from didnt even carry the SS coils, i def have to pick some of those up

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its not unfortunate, everyones likes and dislikes and how we vape is different, so i actually like all the new coils, i just dont know more i can say other then some lf my longer posts that i already posted about them

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
so it says the HIVE coil is rated between 80- 120 watts. I just popped it in and primed it a little , so far it is rocking at 70watts, i tried it at 75 but it slightly tasted burnt, i am truly hoping this is only because its not broken in it, im crossing my fingers. But at 70 it chucks, flavor is ok , not as good as my gigue dolpin which by the way has the best flavor hands down

This is how I prime my coils and it seems to work for me;

Make sure all the fittings on the coil is good. I.E. the O ring is in the right spot and intake, the rubber gasket on the bottom is pushed in all the way.
Take your new coil and dab some juice on any parts you see cotton. Which would be 4-5 hold on the sides of the coil and then onto the cotton that is sitting on the cotton.
If your tank has an AFC (air flow control), close it.
screw your new coil in and make sure its snug and screwed in all the way.
Upon filling your tank and assembling back together with the new coil in it, be sure to take several pulls with the AFC closed and no power. You will probably see tiny bubbles rising from your coil at this point and that's very normal. All you're doing is replacing the air that's trapped in the cotton with juice.
Let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
Start out at 25-30 taking a few hits. Bump up the wattage about 5w and do the same thing.
Keep doing that until you find your desired wattage.

If you vape at 80-ish watts, I would vape a whole tank from the beginning of the prime until you get to 80w just to be sure its primed fully.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated!

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tested out the RTC that they offer for the V8 and I'm convinced it's a piece of garbage. It's very MTL even with the air flow on the tank wide open. The juice channels on it are a joke.
Hopefully they'll take it back to the drawing board and make a new one.

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks chAppy, hey dude where did you get that RTC from

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got it from Element Vape. Came quick too.
I need to find a way to modify mine though. Shit is ridiculously tight.

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was thinking about getting a Griffin RTA, i hear the griffin can fit larger builds like clapton. Rip rippers just reviewed it and he did a clapton build and it super chucks clouds and he said the flavor was great

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was thinking about getting a Griffin RTA, i hear the griffin can fit larger builds like clapton. Rip rippers just reviewed it and he did a clapton build and it super chucks clouds and he said the flavor was great

I bought a TFV4 off a friend and I am enjoying it. And I order the Mutank, should be here this week sometime. Thinking about the Stentorian Steam Engine next. I also want to try VCMT, made by Vaperz Clouds

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
your gonna love the mutank, especially with the clapton .7 coils. The twisted are nice, just not as good as the claptons. Also, I really enjoy the steam engine, the flat coils are meh, but the tank really shines with the claptons. Haven't tried the parallel yet. Yeti Vape has a pretty sweet deal on the steam engine, for $41 you get the tank and a 120ml of your choosing. I did the deal when they had the rose gold crown and got the abbot road which is super tasty. I then re-ordered when they had a special and absolutely love the R.I.T Papa style, the Haze, and the Haze Cap.

Just got the Goliath V2 with prebuilt rocc coils as I haven't ventured into coil building yet, and it is awesome! great low wattage flavor. Also ordered the Aromamizer with their prebuilt coils and am looking forward to that.

Back to the original post, I have since acquired all colors of the v8, along with both black and stainless mini's! They are just that good of a tank! loving them!

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Also, one question for you guys. I haven't tried the v1/2 stainless coils, are they worth ordering or should I stick with the 4/8's and hive, tiger, snakes I have?

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, one question for you guys. I haven't tried the v1/2 stainless coils, are they worth ordering or should I stick with the 4/8's and hive, tiger, snakes I have?
Honestly, I love the flavor on the SS more than any other coil. So it might worth it just to try them.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Honestly, I love the flavor on the SS more than any other coil. So it might worth it just to try them.
sweet, searching vapecrawler right now!

Just ordered a hohmwrecker G2 from vaporcube, it is going to look sick with my gold v8!!

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That V8 with there new Hive coil is awesome , it chucks awesome clouds.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
your gonna love the mutank, especially with the clapton .7 coils. The twisted are nice, just not as good as the claptons. Also, I really enjoy the steam engine, the flat coils are meh, but the tank really shines with the claptons. Haven't tried the parallel yet. Yeti Vape has a pretty sweet deal on the steam engine, for $41 you get the tank and a 120ml of your choosing. I did the deal when they had the rose gold crown and got the abbot road which is super tasty. I then re-ordered when they had a special and absolutely love the R.I.T Papa style, the Haze, and the Haze Cap.

Just got the Goliath V2 with prebuilt rocc coils as I haven't ventured into coil building yet, and it is awesome! great low wattage flavor. Also ordered the Aromamizer with their prebuilt coils and am looking forward to that.

Back to the original post, I have since acquired all colors of the v8, along with both black and stainless mini's! They are just that good of a tank! loving them!

Slight detour, question on the Steam Engine. Guy at the BNM said he couldn't vape it hard or often without burning his coils. He may be a vaping maniac, as I've seen him vape an og Herakles at 85-93w, but is his concern about the Steam Engine valid for a more typical vaper?

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I haven't had any issue with my steam engine and I vape it both hard and often (wow that sounded kind of dirty...) It is not a high-wattage tank, maybe he was trying to put too much power to it? If you do get it don't bother with the flat or parallel coils, go straight for the clapton's.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How does the V8 compare to the Uwell Crown in terms of flavor? I'm married so chucking clouds actually can be a negative in my household ("I can't see the TV!"). I haven't found anything that beats the Crown for flavor although the TFV4 octuple Clapton comes close and the Aspire 0.5 Clapton's are surprisingly tasty (now, if they're just last longer than 2 days!)

How's does the V8 hold up in that regard and which tank/coil combo will I want to try for the best Crown-like flavor? I've got the Xcube II so power won't be an issue.

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How does the V8 compare to the Uwell Crown in terms of flavor? I'm married so chucking clouds actually can be a negative in my household ("I can't see the TV!"). I haven't found anything that beats the Crown for flavor although the TFV4 octuple Clapton comes close and the Aspire 0.5 Clapton's are surprisingly tasty (now, if they're just last longer than 2 days!)

How's does the V8 hold up in that regard and which tank/coil combo will I want to try for the best Crown-like flavor? I've got the Xcube II so power won't be an issue.
The V8 is nice but it's sidelined for the Mutank and TFV4. The Mutank has the flavor and less clouds than any other tank I've tried at higher wattage.
The V8 does toss clouds since you need higher wattages for the good flavor. The original Arctic has great flavor on the .5 dual coil at about 45 watts, excellent flavor and moderate clouds.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i finally got my V8 Mini in the mail yesterday and I really like it. The flavor isn't quite as strong with the Tiger coil as the Crown, but it's close. It's definitely better than the Triton with the standard Aspire coils in it and it's equal to or better than their Claptons. I was worried that the 3ml tank size might not be enough, but I've found I'm a bit ADHD and switching flavors about that often doesn't bother me. I actually enjoy getting through 2-4 different flavors per day. I have a cereal flavor like Looper or the Milk at breakfast, a nice mild flavor like Sonset during the day, and I always have to have some Pinup after work so Betty or Lana fill my tank when I get home.

Now I'm looking forward to experimenting with the rest of the coil types. It came with a Hive coil, so I have that one already. That just leaves six more to try. :cool:

I think I'll go with the quad Clapton next, then the Snake, followed in no particular order by the SS, the dual, the nickel, and the octuplet.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A month later, what's the consensus on the Tiger and the Hive? I see the Arctic V8, both sizes, on Ecig.com for around $20. I like the idea of a slightly tighter draw companion to the tfv4. Is there anything really different here vs. the tfv4 and even the Herakles Plus, or is it just a very slight variation of the same?

I'd love to try a CCI Triforce or even better the Maus, but prices for those are still crazy. I do see deals on the Mutank, but also love/hate feedback, with leaking, and coils that don't stay in place. I'd even try the Rafale, but that huge, fixed drip tip and reports of very hot vape...... don't think I'd enjoy it. Then there's the Reaper Plus....... shinyitus can be a serious condition.

VU Sponsors