sapor rda

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im wondering how this rda performs with clouds. I know top airflow is better for flavor but can you still get good clouds with top airflow? And can this rda handle 22 gauge .2 ish duals?

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It does very well, I am running Claptons at .18 atm with no issues whatsoever. This is my favorite RDA by a decent margin.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How are top airflow rda's compared to middle airflow? Anyone that has both, do you like them? Can you still get some good clouds? I see sapor wide open has nice size airflow slot. I get how bottom airflow rdas have better flavor since it brings it up better. But top airflow seams like it shouldnt work, i thought airflow should always be on/under coils

scootervapes

Member For 4 Years
Sapor has nice flavor. My current top 3 rdas are derringer, velocity, and Sapor. I like a warm, flavorful vape. Derringer in best at those two, but I'm a busy person and that makes me a lazy vaper. I prefer dripping through the drip tip. The derringer 510 tip is not as friendly for such. Velocity and sapor with wide bore tips are better for such. The sapor is harder to over drip, and velocity has deep drip well. Velocity has best clouds of the three. I plan on ordering a velocity mini soon. The sapor has been my go to for the last 6 weeks,switched back to velocity a day ago, flavor is similar, clouds with velocity are better but not as care free as the sapor.

Just put the sapor back on, slighty better flavor, slighty warmer than velocity. Airflow not as good or adjustable as velocity. Velocity easier to build, but sapor isn't hard.

Essentially it is what I originally stated, derringer is warmest, most flavorful, no slouch on clouds, but least of the three. Between velocity and sapor...velocity slightly better clouds but sapor slight better flavor and warmth,and more care free.

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got one a month ago or so. I use it quite a bit and find it to be a nice RDA, particularly for the price. Oddly, the only issue I have with mine is that the center post is a bit loose. It won't spin or anything, but it will move sometimes when I'm tightening a coil, causing it to not be in-line with the negative posts. Not really a show stopper or anything but it does kind of bother me.

Aside from that issue, it's been a pretty cool RDA for me.

scootervapes

Member For 4 Years
Didn't notice the loose center post. As i mentioned I'm pretty busy, therefore I don't rebuild allot. At best, I'm on my second build, but it could still be my first in there.

I also rarely change my wick....i know people who rewick daily, i might rewick every two weeks. I guess I've been vaping long enough to know when to drip so i don't burn my wicks, also I might use wick that doesn't burn as easy as others. I use either puffs japanese cotton or cellucotton rayon, generally.

Top airflow doesn't seem like it should have as good of flavor as bottom or side, but works well. People always say a reduced chamber increases flavor, but it seems to me, the closer the coils are to your mouth, the better the flavor. Since the Derringer is so small, the coils have to be close to your mouth. I would expect that if you had a tall rda, flavor would be better if coils were built higher in rda than if built lower. Therefore I always build my coil as high as possible. In my mind, it is the reduction of volume of space above coil that increases flavor and volume of space below coil should be inconsequential. I would like to see an rda with a super deep well, like 10mm, to see if this holds up.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can you still get big clouds with sapor? Also i see it has a ledge on top cap, can you easily take that whole top cap off to drip? Thats one thing i like to have in rda is a easily removable top to drip, like chuff caps. I dont like taking whole barrel off but like to see coils when dripping

scootervapes

Member For 4 Years
Good clouds, not the best, but imo nice, I'm not gonna kick her out of bed. Generally, it's clouds vs flavor. Better clouds equals less flavor, better flavor equals less clouds. This is the happy medium. Again, I'm a lazy vapor, so i prefer to remove nothing to drip. The wide bore tips of the velocity and sapor allow this. The top cap of the sapor is imo perfect, not too loose, not too tight, perfect for removal.

Dripping through the tip, i prefer glass dropper bottles. It's easy to judge how much you're dripping by how full the glass dropper is. Plastic bottles are harder to judge. I do however,mix my own juice, so i have the leisure to use whatever bottle i prefer.

I don't care to count the drops, or painting coils, I want easy. Plastic bottles are nice for tanks.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cool thanks. I may just have to order one, i dont need any more rda's. Already have a troll, velocity, haze, tugboat v2. I just think the sapor may be just what im looking for

scootervapes

Member For 4 Years
If you're looking for clouds, the velocity or troll will do fine, if you want a bit more flavor in a more care free fashion, get the sapor.

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool thanks. I may just have to order one, i dont need any more rda's. Already have a troll, velocity, haze, tugboat v2. I just think the sapor may be just what im looking for

I think for the money you can't go wrong. Definitely worth having in the collection.

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Didn't notice the loose center post. As i mentioned I'm pretty busy, therefore I don't rebuild allot. At best, I'm on my second build, but it could still be my first in there.

I also rarely change my wick....i know people who rewick daily, i might rewick every two weeks. I guess I've been vaping long enough to know when to drip so i don't burn my wicks, also I might use wick that doesn't burn as easy as others. I use either puffs japanese cotton or cellucotton rayon, generally.

Top airflow doesn't seem like it should have as good of flavor as bottom or side, but works well. People always say a reduced chamber increases flavor, but it seems to me, the closer the coils are to your mouth, the better the flavor. Since the Derringer is so small, the coils have to be close to your mouth. I would expect that if you had a tall rda, flavor would be better if coils were built higher in rda than if built lower. Therefore I always build my coil as high as possible. In my mind, it is the reduction of volume of space above coil that increases flavor and volume of space below coil should be inconsequential. I would like to see an rda with a super deep well, like 10mm, to see if this holds up.

Yeah @scootervapes I think the center post issue is a pretty isolated incident. I've not read much of people complaining about it. It's not bad at all and I'm sure if I wanted to I could get a replacement since I only ordered it a few weeks ago, but I'm really not that concerned with it.

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
*** UPDATE:

Well, that's what I get for saying no big deal.. I decided to tighten the center post screw on the 510 connector and it snapped inside the post without putting much torque on it at all. The only thing I can think of is that it was cross-threaded from the factory which is why the post was a tad loose. Anyway, the RDA is pretty much useless now unless I can find another center post assembly. Back to the ol' Tugboat clone it is... lol

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
15 bucks @fasttech for another sapor.
Yeah I thought about getting another. just of a different color. Then I'd have some spare barrels, top caps, etc for it. I may do that today; I do rather like the thing and can't use the pieces/parts with much else.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got my sapor today. Looks very nice havent built it yet. Need to clean it first. I noticed the post holes on deck are lower then other rda's. Does it matter what level coils are on top airflow. Should i raise them a bit

scootervapes

Member For 4 Years
As long as the coils aren't touching the top cap/airflow. This is easy to see with the drip tip removed. I put the coils as high as i can.

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my sapor today. Looks very nice havent built it yet. Need to clean it first. I noticed the post holes on deck are lower then other rda's. Does it matter what level coils are on top airflow. Should i raise them a bit

On mine, I found that the lower the coils the better (for me). If they were up too high, the hit was hotter than I like and I would get some spitting too occasionally. When I pushed them down a bit, the flavor was still great, and the hits were mellowed out a bit and closer to my liking. That's just me though.

VU Sponsors