Become a Patron!

Save me!

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm at work and it's so boring! The majority of the day I spend just trying to keep my eyes open. It's torture. Let's talk about stuff lol.

*anything entertaining in the news?
*doing anything fun today?
*anything DIY liquid. Recipes or flavors
*funny memes
*literally anything else. Idc lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
LOL, I hate those kinda days. Got a Trader Joe's nearby? Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans. I call them Magic Beans, and have to hide them from people at work. Pop 3, enjoy.

You're welcome :D

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well crap. You posted while I was posting, so disregard the Espresso Beans post...

Haha well I quit drinking coffee so I'd have more energy in the afternoon but at this point it's do I want to be tired at work or after? Hard choice. We've been slow at work for a couple months.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, those kinda times are rough. We're nearly always really busy, but lately, near the end of the week it's getting a bit draggy. I'm told that's soon to change. So it's either boredom, or getting fully worn down. Good balance would be nice, makes the day go by faster. I don't like when they send us all home early at the end of the week. I wants my money!

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm with you there. The days have seemed like they'll never end. Sometimes I wish they'd send me home, but that'll never happen. They want me to do projects that require no brain power and I just go into zombie mode.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They want me to do projects that require no brain power and I just go into zombie mode.
Exactly. There are areas of where I work, that require NO brain power. Anyone being in those areas for more than 4 hours... ugh. You walk through those zones, no one is smiling, they all look cranky, you see them aging before your eyes. I was in the other area working, a co-worker came over to that zone and said, "Oh I'm so happy to be in a spot where I can use my brain!". LMAO! Every now and then I welcome the change to the zombie zone. I plug in my iPod and listen to books, or peppy music, whichever suits my mood.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Exactly. There are areas of where I work, that require NO brain power. Anyone being in those areas for more than 4 hours... ugh. You walk through those zones, no one is smiling, they all look cranky, you see them aging before your eyes. I was in the other area working, a co-worker came over to that zone and said, "Oh I'm so happy to be in a spot where I can use my brain!". LMAO! Every now and then I welcome the change to the zombie zone. I plug in my iPod and listen to books, or peppy music, whichever suits my mood.
You pretty much described me lol! I get to a point where I barely talk to my coworkers who are actually pretty good friends. Just sit and wait for 3-o-clock.

I decided to order some pizza and mozzarella sticks. That'll pick me up a bit

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
On the bright side, know how much I have learned by being able to read the forum all week long. Don't comment much but I read everything.;) Since I cant get on during the weekends since I have guardianship of my grandkids, this helps a lot.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You pretty much described me lol! I get to a point where I barely talk to my coworkers who are actually pretty good friends. Just sit and wait for 3-o-clock.

I decided to order some pizza and mozzarella sticks. That'll pick me up a bit
Oh gosh yes, I become a clock watcher, too, when we get those slow times. I think everyone I work with does. We just glare at each other and sigh, LOL. But when that 2 am hand strikes the clock, we suddenly have that new found speed to high tail it to our cars.

Pizza!! I get excited about pizza! Weirdest thing ever, but my doctor has me on high sodium diet, so you can bet your ass pizza is at the top of that list, LMAO. But it makes me sleeeeepy. I can't eat pizza at work, or I'd have to go work in the zombie zone, lol.

Mmm mmmm. Pizza! Enjoy your grub :)

You work different kind of hours, too, huh?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's awesome lol. If I ever go to the doctor, I hope I get one like yours!

I work 7am-3pm eastern time
I want those kind of hours. Or like 10am to 6. Mine kinda suck, but my other option is 5am to 3:30p. Right now, I'm 3:30p to 2am. REALLY sucky after midnight.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I want those kind of hours. Or like 10am to 6. Mine kinda suck, but my other option is 5am to 3:30p. Right now, I'm 3:30p to 2am. REALLY sucky after midnight.
Props to you. No way I could work those hours. I worked 3rd shift for about 4-5 years and never want to do it again. I'll never even consider 2nd shift though lol

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nah, I don't so much mind 2nd shift. If I were younger, I might. I hear some of the younger crowd talking about missing that hang time with their pals in the evenings. I'm one of the older crew there, lol, I'd mostly be hanging out at home, anyway. 1st shift, there, at least, would make me nuts. I've worked the hours that that shift is, and it's just not for me. I'm a night owl, have been, nearly all my life.

At this point in time, @Mykreign, you're off work now! :bliss:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was rough. I took a tiny nap but the baby kept trying to talk to me lol

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It was rough. I took a tiny nap but the baby kept trying to talk to me lol

I had a bunch of running to do earlier. Went by a friend's house and met their newest granddaughter. Such a cutie pie. I think she's about a month old, at most. How old is your baby?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had a bunch of running to do earlier. Went by a friend's house and met their newest granddaughter. Such a cutie pie. I think she's about a month old, at most. How old is your baby?

She's almost two. She's so amazing. Always so happy and well tempered. I think I got lucky

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
She's almost two. She's so amazing. Always so happy and well tempered. I think I got lucky

That's so awesome. You definitely got lucky, and sounds like she did, too. My brother's kiddos were like that, aside from the occasional cries. Just super happy babies.

Today, I was quizzing the baby's Big Brother, he's 5. My fave part:

Me: What's your favorite thing about your baby sister?
Him: Kisses and hugs.
Me: (Smiling)
Him: Oh, and snuggles!! I love the snuggles!
Me: (Blubbering, teary-eyed idiot)

and I had to stop. Kiddo nearly had me in tears, so all I said was, "ok, come here kiddo" and gave him a hug. Was the sweetest thing I'd heard in a long time. Kids are so cool at that age.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Awe lol. That's adorable. I wish our 5 year old nephew was like that. Kids literally a monster. Drives me up the wall

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
She likes to sit outside while I grill
12bcb2a290b2c590073c5d938f48c3e4.jpg

VU Sponsors