jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Also, @jwill, please clarify something for all of us if you can.

If I order a bottle of e-liquid from you, does the sale take place where I am or where you are?

If there is a ban on the SALE of flavored liquids in New York and Michigan, can you still ship into New York and Michigan?

The point of purchase is Texas since I am the proprietor assuming I have no physical nexus in another state (which presently I do not for this venture). However, if a state is prohibited from receiving the goods then the transaction is invalid, to begin with and it cant be shipped and I am obligated to decline the transaction. However, it is considered the responsibility of the purchaser to be aware of the laws in his/her jurisdiction and only becomes my problem if I process the order.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I am not in a particularly dire situation frankly. I can offload a fair bit of it rather easily and what I have to eat I can write off as a business loss, which i will be doing.

In Texas we are raising the age to 21 and there is nothing else in the works that I am aware of.

Gov. Abbott is a principled conservative and believes in a free market so I doubt he will be trying to enact any panic legislation.

Noted, and relieved for you. Meanwhile, I will keep you more in mind when I am spending money. Should have been doing that anyway.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The point of purchase is Texas since I am the proprietor assuming I have no physical nexus in another state (which presently I do not for this venture). However, if a state is prohibited from receiving the goods then the transaction is invalid, to begin with and it cant be shipped and I am obligated to decline the transaction. However, it is considered the responsibility of the purchaser to be aware of the laws in his/her jurisdiction and only becomes my problem if I process the order.

Ok, good deal. That's what I thought. I may be linking to this response a lot.

People need to know exactly what these new laws say, so they can understand what their rights are. Banning the sale of something doesn't mean banning the receipt or possession of it, unless the law says it does.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Noted, and relieved for you. Meanwhile, I will keep you more in mind when I am spending money. Should have been doing that anyway.

That is appreciated. To be clear I have no false pretenses about what is going on anymore. I fully expect to be put out of business no later than May of next year, although I think what the states are doing will put all of the boutique sellers who cant compete with the manufacturers (who are blowing out inventory) out of business much sooner. We should start seeing the effects of that in the next month or so. I have made friends with some other online retailers and they are feeling it as well, specifically bigger ticket items. Everyone is snatching up juice and Chinese shit and as much of it as is possible, which is understandable.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Ok, good deal. That's what I thought. I may be linking to this response a lot.
People need to know exactly what these new laws say, so they can understand what their rights are. Banning the sale of something doesn't mean banning the receipt or possession of it, unless the law says it does.

The really shitty part is most cart softwares cant differentiate between categories and locations. A place is either able to purchase or isnt as far as the software is concerned. I now face a situation where I have to ban say NY or California from purchasing anything or I will be having to manually cancel orders and refund the money, which will cost me money to do and I risk losing my payment processor if I do it too much.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The really shitty part is most cart softwares cant differentiate between categories and locations. A place is either able to purchase or isnt as far as the software is concerned. I now face a situation where I have to ban say NY or California from purchasing anything or I will be having to manually cancel orders and refund the money, which will cost me money to do and I risk losing my payment processor if I do it too much.

Maybe you should put something on your website saying that refunds on orders that cannot legally be shipped will be made by check. As you said, it is an individual's responsibility to know, but people will figure that if the order went through, then you can process it. Might be worth checking with your lawyer.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Im going to lock some things down once rules go into effect. There will be no choice. More than anything though, I am a vaper. I love vaping, collect the stuff and love all the great things about vaping. Having that freedom to seek the things I enjoy stripped away sucks.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Im going to lock some things down once rules go into effect. There will be no choice. More than anything though, I am a vaper. I love vaping, collect the stuff and love all the great things about vaping. Having that freedom to seek the things I enjoy stripped away sucks.

Yes. There are a lot of us that agree with that completely. This is a bigger bunch of vape geeks than you'll ever find anywhere else, I do believe.

Well, except at those big shows, maybe...

Bluenatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Amen brother

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can offload a fair bit of it rather easily and what I have to eat I can write off as a business loss, which i will be doing.

He knows he can always unload stuff at the charity of the Bald Don.

@nadalama have no fear for old jwill. He is always one or three steps ahead. He learned that age old adage about something with eggs and baskets. Every time I get to visit with him it's like a very fun but thrilling schizophrenic roller coaster.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
He knows he can always unload stuff at the charity of the Bald Don.

@nadalama have no fear for old jwill. He is always one or three steps ahead. He learned that age old adage about something with eggs and baskets. Every time I get to visit with him it's like a very fun but thrilling schizophrenic roller coaster.

Always ride the momentum. You will like the next thing in the works with you being local. Cant wait to show you the new toys.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Put the little shits into my beloved Marine Corps at 18, for a minimum of 6 years. They'll either come out a damaged, but harmless, quiet member of society, or an upstanding, responsible, respectable Sergeant, that knows the love of God, Country and Corps...that is able to love a woman with a passion that can burn down a rainforest, but can kill his enemy, wide-eyed without hesitation, all the while the only fear to be found is in the bloodshot eyes of his enemy as he chokes on the gurgling sounds while drowning in his own blood...

Semper Fidelis
ab5d8f691eab1748b8706f391b45b629.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ using Tapatalk -The Wire Spider-

You forgot to mention that Sergeants work for a living, VR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Most millennials and younger have never worked with their hands, learned any builders skills or done any kind of manual labor in their life.

That's why "craft" shit is so popular in the last decade. It used to just be called homemade but since no one knows how to do anything themselves anymore, they give it a fancy name and then charge you to death for it.

I'm always impressed when I see a young tradesman/woman, especially a good one with the right attitude and sound work ethic. It makes me hopeful for a future, Imagine if we had more people going to trade schools and doing apprenticeships to become electricians, mechanics, engineers and builders and fewer people going to college and just getting useless degrees that qualify them for nothing but being a Starbucks barista.

Im only in my late thirties and I can't think of any generation younger than my own where people had all sorts of different jobs and learned many different skills before they fell into their career. Now its all planned by counselors and by the time kids hit high school they pretty much know what kind of cubicle they will sit in for the rest of their lives, Thats some depressing shit. Maybe thats why everyone wants to control everyone elses lives.

Misery loves company.

People born in the 80’s were the last ones to grow up without computers and internet. I didn’t have one until ‘98. Maybe that’s got something to do with it.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ooh, Ooh, pick Arkansas! My dad grew up in Michigan, on a farm actually, then went into the Navy after working in a screw machining factory, so Michigan got him started in the right direction (the direction he never deviated from)

My idea is to ditch electricity. No motor vehicles, no computers, no automated systems. THEN put kids on a farm - they'd just about all have to anyway, without large combines and mass transport of food. People will remember what it was like to work for food, more literally, and the pride (and good health) that working and reaping instills in someone.

My mom grew up on a farm, too - I'm pretty sure that's the most prominent thing in my genes, a love for good dirt :teehee:

Well, when the peak oil thing kicks in hard, we really won’t have electricity. But I agree with you.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I wish some brits felt this way....

I sometimes visit POTV to see what's goin on in other parts of the world regarding vaping and noticed this:

View attachment 146231

wish I had an acct there to say something. Just fucked up. Well fuck you too scrumpox

Yes, but remember they’re going through a Brexit meltdown right now. Don’t feel bad. That comment was written to sound all clever and hard arsed. (two fingered salute his way)

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I just feel at a time like this we're all supposed to stick together, but guess not

So do I. We’re together here, though. Brits think it’s clever to call Americans stupid. But, if you’re really smart, it’s not at someone else’s expense. Have a :hug: on the house.

Edit: Some Brits. Not all, not the ones on VU. :cheers:

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I wish some brits felt this way....

I sometimes visit POTV to see what's goin on in other parts of the world regarding vaping and noticed this:

View attachment 146231

wish I had an acct there to say something. Just fucked up. Well fuck you too scrumpox

Brit here ....don’t agree with it one bit, makes me sad to see whats happening over the pond and now in India and other parts of the world where it’s illegal to vape . I made VU my home because I like and respect the community here, made friends, built community ideas together and met some truly gifted vapers from all walks of life.

There are good and bad eggs no matter where you live...that 1 person made the comment not the country

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Brit here ....don’t agree with it one bit, makes me sad to see whats happening over the pond and now in India and other parts of the world where it’s illegal to vape . I made VU my home because I like and respect the community here, made friends, built community ideas together and met some truly gifted vapers from all walks of life.

There are good and bad eggs no matter where you live...that 1 person made the comment not the country

Thank you, King Pin. We aim the two fingers away from you! :giggle:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thank you, King Pin. We aim the two fingers away from you! :giggle:

And many others...I’m not alone in my thoughts here, many of you with uk contacts know that.

We all know the American market is the largest by far, it can only be a bad thing for everyone what’s happening and comments like that on POTV are designed for a reaction.

Business aside purely the number of lives it helps get off the smokes is at risk, how can that be good for us as a whole?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
And many others...I’m not alone in my thoughts here, many of you with uk contacts know that.

We all know the American market is the largest by far, it can only be a bad thing for everyone what’s happening and comments like that on POTV are designed for a reaction.

Business aside purely the number of lives it helps get off the smokes is at risk, how can that be good for us as a whole?

Hopefully, sanity will prevail but prolly not until a lot of businesses and people get hurt. I refuse to go back to smoking, and I’m pretty stubborn. So I’ll mix instead, which I’d have done anyway, but I’m being forced into it in NY. FM Sideways!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well, when the peak oil thing kicks in hard, we really won’t have electricity. But I agree with you.

Don't worry about that, petroleum products are too expensive for us to use to produce electricity. They're saved for fuel for vehicles or roads and such.
Natural gas takes care of a third of our power, nuclear and renewables together handle another third, and then coal is just shy of a small third.

Yeah, big thirds and small thirds, that's the way I math :huh: I blame electricity! :vino:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't worry about that, petroleum products are too expensive for us to use to produce electricity. They're saved for fuel for vehicles or roads and such.
Natural gas takes care of a third of our power, nuclear and renewables together handle another third, and then coal is just shy of a small third.

Yeah, big thirds and small thirds, that's the way I math :huh: I blame electricity! :vino:

Wasn’t there a Mel Brooks movie where they tried to get a lady to stop smoking with electric shocks? Don’t worry, I do math like you do, plus on my fingers.

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Put a collar and leash on them and tie them out in the yard. Make them drink from the faucet and give them a bowl of dry food every so often. No electronics of any kind. Instead give them books, yeah those things made out of paper that make you learn or use your imagination.
Fine parents that keep having kids they can't or won't support. Make it illegal for kids to talk till they're 21. Maybe a shock collar would help with that.

Worse comes to worse drowning them is still an option.

Last edited:

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So looks like today the FDA issues the proposed rule for premarket tobacco product applications

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pre...pplications-part-commitment-continuing-strong

now I know it's still their "proposal" and the stupid thing is 339 pages long, but skimming through it i noticed on page 33 this:

"An additive can be a type of ingredient in a tobacco product; an example is methyl
salicylate in smokeless tobacco, which can serve as an absorption enhancer and affect the
characteristics of the tobacco product by changing the rate of absorption into the body. Tobacco
is not an additive."

This looks like nic salts will be banned?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Pulled this from somewhere else ....on the money though

Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the much older lady that she should bring her own grocery bags, because plastic bags are not good for the environment,.
The woman apologized to the young girl and explained, "We didn't have this 'green thing' back in my earlier days."
The young clerk responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment for future generations."
The older lady said that she was right our generation didn't have the "green thing" in its day. The older lady went on toexplain: Back then, we returned milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were recycled.
But we didn't have the "green thing" back in our day. Grocery stores bagged our groceries in brown paper bags that we reused for numerous things. Most memorable besides household garbage bags was the use of brown paper bags as book covers for our school books. This was to ensure that public property (the books provided for our use by the school) was not defaced by our scribblings. Then we were able to personalize our books on the brown paper bags.
But, too bad we didn't do the "green thing" back then. We walked up stairs because we didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. We walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two blocks. But she was right. We didn't have the "green thing" in our day.
Back then we washed the baby's diapers because we didn't have the throw away kind. We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy-gobbling machine burning up 220 volts. Wind and solar power really did dry our clothes back in our early days.
Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing. But that young lady is right; we didn't have the "green thing" back in our day.
Back then we had one TV, or radio, in the house -- not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief (remember them?), not a screen the size of the state of Montana.
In the kitchen we blended and stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us.
When we packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, we used wadded up old newspapers to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap.
Back then, we didn't fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. We used a push mower that ran on human power.
We exercised by working so we didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity. But she's right; we didn't have the "green thing" back then.
We drank from a fountain when we were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time we had a drink of water. We refilled writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and we replaced the razor blade in a razor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull. But we didn't have the "green thing" back then.
Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service in the family's $45,000 SUV or van, which cost what a whole house did before the "green thing."
We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And we didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 23,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest burger joint.
But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful we old folks were just because we didn't have the "green thing" back then?
Please forward this on to another selfish old person who needs a lesson in conservation from a smart ass young person. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off... Especially from a tattooed, multiple pierced smartass who can't make change without the cash register telling them how much.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm doing my part to "save the children": ordered a new recoil-rod & springs, striker-guide & striker springs.

Next month, I save them more by ordering more 100mg and flavorings.

:blowkiss:

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I wanted to wait another month or two before buying more nic, but this really has me worried. Ordering tonight. We not have until May. You could wake up anywhere in the US tomorrow and it might be temporarily banned until they can make it permanent.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I wanted to wait another month or two before buying more nic, but this really has me worried. Ordering tonight. We not have until May. You could wake up anywhere in the US tomorrow and it might be temporarily banned until they can make it permanent.

Make sure you get a bunch of nic, to be safe. And then pick up VG, PG and flavors. Don’t let them make you go back to cigs!

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I also bought 360ml in one go.
Oops, where did you get yours?

360mls? Either you vape very very low amts of nic, or that is not much at all.

I just purchased 2500mls (2.5 liters) from Nic River - and that's adding to 3 liters I already have in the freezer. That should last me about 35 years, but one of the bottles I bought was 250mg strength. Had to save freezer space! lol

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I just purchased 2500mls (2.5 liters) from Nic River - and that's adding to 3 liters I already have in the freezer. That should last me about 35 years, but one of the bottles I bought was 250mg strength. Had to save freezer space! lol

Altogether I bought @600ml of 100mg from different places. I don’t have the space or money so I’m buying it a bit at a time. I use 3-6mg juice.
I got 150ml of 100mg at NR. 360ml of 100mg at Vapers Tek, plus more elsewhere.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

If I ever run out, I’ll know where to go!

VU Sponsors